• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 12:03:04 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Modding questions

Started by The Dark Shadow, March 09, 2016, 09:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Shadow

I'm on the fence about buying MXBikes and I have a few questions, hopefully it's not a problem and this is the right category to do so.

I'm a modder at hearth and seeing as this game (or should I say simulation perhaps) supports modding extensively (from what I can tell at least) I have a few questions on what can be done.

Now I love enduro, the off track kind, rock gardens, slippery climbs, slow paced technical stuff basically, do the physics/engine handle this sort of things decently if say I made a custom track with this kind of stuff in it?

Also I'm really interested in the supermoto side of things, on that end can you use road tracks from GP Bikes? Does the engine let you modify the riding position say to make a different kind of road bike or is that only possible in GP Bikes?

Thank you for your time and sorry if this are stupid questions, have a great day!

Mace-x

QuoteNow I love enduro, the off track kind, rock gardens, slippery climbs, slow paced technical stuff basically, do the physics/engine handle this sort of things decently if say I made a custom track with this kind of stuff in it?

Right now i´d say that enduro is possible with ruts, hard crosses, some twisted turns and banked stuff, some rocks might work aswell, nobody has done a endurocross track or a proper enduro track but i think that the physics would handle it right about 70% of the time, there´s a good amount of glitches but the game is still on beta so no big deal  :)

Quotecan you use road tracks from GP Bikes?
Yes you can, i love nurburgring in a 2 strokes 50cc supermoto  ;D

QuoteDoes the engine let you modify the riding position say to make a different kind of road bike or is that only possible in GP Bikes?
Yes it does, check the screenshot section, there´s a pitbike being worked.

No problem, hope it helps and welcome aboard!  :D

BadStar

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

If your tracks help me recreate some "enduro kex" and "motology films" vids..I'll help reimburse you for the sim :)

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

CSchmied986

Are there 50s in this game? Can you creat custom engine mapping?

The Dark Shadow

Quote from: Mace-x on March 09, 2016, 10:07:23 PM
QuoteNow I love enduro, the off track kind, rock gardens, slippery climbs, slow paced technical stuff basically, do the physics/engine handle this sort of things decently if say I made a custom track with this kind of stuff in it?

Right now i´d say that enduro is possible with ruts, hard crosses, some twisted turns and banked stuff, some rocks might work aswell, nobody has done a endurocross track or a proper enduro track but i think that the physics would handle it right about 70% of the time, there´s a good amount of glitches but the game is still on beta so no big deal  :)

QuoteDoes the engine let you modify the riding position say to make a different kind of road bike or is that only possible in GP Bikes?
Yes it does, check the screenshot section, there´s a pitbike being worked.

No problem, hope it helps and welcome aboard!  :D

Well after your reply I'm sold, got the game and I'll start investigating what formats and good practices are needed to make tracks and bikes.

Thanks!

Mace-x

Quote from: MotoStar on March 10, 2016, 03:30:25 AM

Are there 50s in this game? Can you creat custom engine mapping?
I ment 500cc  2t supermoto hahaha

yeah, you can create custom engines, gearboxes and tyres, pretty much everything you want and adjust the rider to it.

BadStar

Great to hear Dark Shadow! I have a vision for track creations etc but no mod knowledge to back it up :(

Sounds like you have a few good modder's/track makers who seem incredible helpful in this community! I'm jealous bc I could really contribute if I knew how. Glad to have you!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

BadStar mate there is a wealth of knowledge here, happy to answer any question, and the PiBoSo wiki has pretty much everything you need to know about things :)