• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:33:48 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acr21

Can you give me a sample controller setup that demonstrates this?

ChrisMX#77

My Suggestion is an ABS or anything Else for frontbrake. We can Set brake help in but its for both brakes. But when we can Choose about brake help for front OR rear brake it doesnt "cheat".
You guys now what i mean?
Sry for my Bad english ;)

jbrandmx85

I think it should be able to be mapped onto one button. Its a game after all and some things are just too hard to really do in game. I can tell you right now as someone who rides a 450 IRL, the only way to do a real complete sim setuo for an mx game is to make a controller setup that has handlebars, shifter,levers, the whole works. Mx is a super complex sport to learn but even at that lots of goons out there can shift and use a clutch and all that without falling all over the track

BOBR6 84

October 07, 2014, 01:24:19 AM #693 Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:35:15 AM by BOBR6 84
I use X button as rear brake! (360 pad) left trigger is front brake.

At the moment im using the exact layout as gpbikes but that means rider lean l/r is on auto.

Left trigger- f brake
Right trigger- throttle
Left stick- l/r lean (bike lean)
Right stick forward- clutch
B button- gear up
Right bumper- gear down
X button- rear brake

Needs changing around I think for MXB.. as I suck at MXB so far il just ditch manual clutch and have rider lean F/B/L/R all on the right stick and maybe rear brake on the left bumper..

acr21

Quote from: geofanatec on October 07, 2014, 01:00:30 AM
Quote from: acr21 on October 06, 2014, 11:12:11 PM

You do realize a button can somewhat act as analog with pibs options right? U can make it come on and release, even though its a button, how u want it to.

I do realize you can make the brakes come on gradually with the settings but this still doesn't give as much control as an analog control.

HornetMaX

Left stick horiz = lean, vert = clutch + rear brake
Right stick = rider lean fwd/back + left/right
Left/right trigger = throttle + front brake

Then put the rest where you want.

You may not even need all this.

MaX.

acr21

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 07, 2014, 01:42:57 AM
Left stick horiz = lean, vert = clutch + rear brake
Right stick = rider lean fwd/back + left/right
Left/right trigger = throttle + front brake

Then put the rest where you want.

You may not even need all this.

MaX.

Thanks for the setup. Is it hard to turn and use the rear brake at the same time with this setup?

HornetMaX

Quote from: acr21 on October 07, 2014, 01:45:46 AM
Thanks for the setup. Is it hard to turn and use the rear brake at the same time with this setup?
Well, controller setup is very personal, what works for one may not work for another.

If you fear unwanted interactions you could distribute the functions differently, e.g.

Left stick = lean + rider f/b
  Right stick = rifer l/r + clutch/rear brake

It was just to show it is possible.

MaX.

MXK_cdub85

How do you change tracks online without it kicking the other people from the server then having to come back in? I feel stupid here lol. Also, is there a way to bypass the 15 minute wait when I do a quick race? Thanks

anthony 04

hi to all, as some must know I'm French and I uttilise a translator to you speak. I would put the skins in the game, after trying your method it's not working. I play Demo skin that are running in the demo. If so you can make a video of how to install a skin (folder name). Even his photos will help me a lot.cordially anthony

GDUBMX

Piboso/Snappe, pardon me for asking but how can we turn a file into an EDF file? ive downloaded someones bike stand model and have permission to import into the game. Its a .blend file and i have 3ds max (i borrowed of a friend) im guessing that EDF is the file format in which the game reads and is not an actual model file format.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

janaucarre

Quote from: gdubmx on October 12, 2014, 05:41:38 PM
Piboso/Snappe, pardon me for asking but how can we turn a file into an EDF file? ive downloaded someones bike stand model and have permission to import into the game. Its a .blend file and i have 3ds max (i borrowed of a friend) im guessing that EDF is the file format in which the game reads and is not an actual model file format.

Hi,
You need to install the plugin for 3ds max in the plugin folder, you can download it at the webpage where you have download the game, after that make an export(in 3d) and choose the edf... format in the list below in the export window.

GDUBMX

Quote from: janaucarre on October 12, 2014, 05:50:19 PM
Quote from: gdubmx on October 12, 2014, 05:41:38 PM

Hi,
You need to install the plugin for 3ds max in the plugin folder, you can download it at the webpage where you have download the game, after that make an export(in 3d) and choose the edf... format in the list below in the export window.
hey thanks mate, been trying to download those things but it comes up with this stuff: *
If compiled as C++, extern "C" must be added to declaration of functions to export
*/

typedef struct
{
   char m_szName[100];
   char m_szUUID[37];                  /* universally unique identifier */
   int m_iID;                        /* internal unique ID */
   char m_iNumAxis;                  /* number of axis */
   short m_aaiAxisRange[6][3];            /* min, max and center value of each axis */
   char m_iNumSliders;                  /* number of sliders */
   short m_aiSliderRange[6];            /* max value of each slider */
   char m_iNumButtons;                  /* number of buttons */
   char m_iNumPOV;                     /* number of POVs */
   char m_iNumDials;                  /* number of dials */
   char m_aiDialRange[8];               /* max value of dials */
} SControllerInfo_t;

typedef struct
{
   short m_aiAxis[6];
   short m_aiSlider[6];
   char m_aiButton[32];
   char m_aiPOV[2];
   char m_aiDial[8];
} SControllerData_t;

__declspec(dllexport) int Version()
{
   return 2;
}

/* called when software is started. If return value is not 0, the plugin is disabled */
__declspec(dllexport) int Startup()
{
   return 0;   
}

/* called when software is closed */
__declspec(dllexport) void Shutdown()
{
}

/* called every rendering frame. This function is optional */
__declspec(dllexport) void Update()
{

}

/* called when a control is queried */
__declspec(dllexport) void Reset()
{
}

/* called every few seconds to support hot plugging. The return value is the number of active controllers */
__declspec(dllexport) int GetNumControllers()
{
   return 0;
}

/* _iIndex is the 0 based controller index. _psInfo must be filled with controller info */
__declspec(dllexport) int GetControllerInfo(int _iIndex,SControllerInfo_t *_psInfo)
{

return 0;
}

/* _iID is the unique controller ID. _psData must be filled with controller data */
__declspec(dllexport) int GetControllerData(int _iID,SControllerData_t *_psData)
{

return 0;

Have no idea what all that means, are the links broken or do i need something else?

Snappe

You simply put the edfexp .dle file in the 3dsmax/plugins directory. Or you can export from blender as an fbx and use the converter tool also included in the Tools zip (fbx2edf.exe)

GDUBMX

Tried both snappe and get an error with the 3dsmax plugin way, the fbx2edf.exe crashes every single time I attempt to convert. I've give up on it now, if you want to give it a go you are more than welcome to just let me know and I can pm you the files. Cheers anyway mate.