• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 11:13:44 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

VR HUD / motion sickness

Started by PinouF, February 24, 2022, 05:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinouF

Hi VR player !  ;D
No matter how hard I try to play it, I really have a lot of motion sickness with this game. Is this the case for you too?

Question:
Is there a HUD for VR?
I thought maybe we could incorporate some kind of black halo (that would represent the glasses) like in many games to lower the motion sickness.

What do you think about it? Does anyone know how to create a HUD?

(Something like this)

CSchmied986

I am a long time VR user and have never had problems with this game UNTIL Beta 17. Not only does the VR no longer stay level with your head but now when you look left and right the vision distorts and causes motion sickness. I really wish Piboso would revert this back or at least address the problem or if a fix is coming.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Max Hud might work in VR, not too sure though. That allows you to have a helmet showing as if you're wearing it..

teeds

Don't think that Maxhud bit works in VR, would reduce the already low FOV too.

I have no problems with VR and sickness currently in the game.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

CSchmied986

Quote from: teeds on February 25, 2022, 12:03:49 PMDon't think that Maxhud bit works in VR, would reduce the already low FOV too.

I have no problems with VR and sickness currently in the game.

Do you use a Vive? Maybe this is just an Oculus issue? I've also tried downloading the site version of the game and no change.

PinouF

February 25, 2022, 06:08:59 PM #5 Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 06:10:45 PM by PinouF
I'm surprised you don't have a problem with motion sickness.
I play a lot of VR games but this one really makes me sick in a few laps. ;D  And those with all the previous versions.

I'm on Valve Index. And even without driving, when stopped in the pits, the rendering is already weird (looking from right to left as CSchmied986 says), as if the FOV or tracking was not good. (Unfortunately the FOV can't be modified in VR it seems. I didn't manage to do it anyway). :o

That's why I thought that a black halo like proposed in some game (I had seen that in FALLOUT) to reduce this motion sickness could be useful.  ::)

Edit : Max HUD works in VR but it's displayed very small in the middle of the screen. lmao

teeds

Quote from: CSchmied986 on February 25, 2022, 04:39:36 PMDo you use a Vive? Maybe this is just an Oculus issue? I've also tried downloading the site version of the game and no change.

Yes, a Vive Pro.

Quote from: PinouF on February 25, 2022, 06:08:59 PMEdit : Max HUD works in VR but it's displayed very small in the middle of the screen. lmao

Ahh yes, Max said it's for 2d only.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

jtrs_61

Quote from: CSchmied986 on February 24, 2022, 06:52:03 PMI am a long time VR user and have never had problems with this game UNTIL Beta 17. Not only does the VR no longer stay level with your head but now when you look left and right the vision distorts and causes motion sickness. I really wish Piboso would revert this back or at least address the problem or if a fix is coming.

I have probably 75+ hours in VR... with B16 I could play till the sync cable couldn't keep up with charging it lol.  B17 hit and it was immediate motion sickness.  and it really is as simple as the peripherals like, bobbing... mimicking the heads natural movement... its hard to explain, but if you pay attention to it sitting still you can see it... till your belly turns.

That being said, maybe 20-25 hours on B17 and I've gotten used to it enough to still find it satisfying to play this bad ass game.  Just wish whatever changed with VR goes back the way it was.

CSchmied986

Starting to wonder if this will ever be fixed. Hopefully Piboso will at least address if it's going to be fixed.

PizzaChet

November 01, 2022, 02:51:54 PM #9 Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 01:30:06 AM by PizzaChet
Quote from: CSchmied986 on March 05, 2022, 09:45:24 PMStarting to wonder if this will ever be fixed. Hopefully Piboso will at least address if it's going to be fixed.
I got my Quest 2 working and had motion sickness after about 3 laps at Unadilla, but WOW! HUGE game changer! After I backed the FOV all the way out in 2D mode, I could go back into VR mode and it would remember that FOV. I guess I'll have to go into the .ini and tweak it a little more. If only you could adjust it in-menu maybe 15 degrees more I probably wouldn't need to edit the file. Good luck to those trying to get it straight. It's worth it!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Good luck. It took me months to get past the sickness.. I could then manage a few laps of sx at a time lol

PizzaChet

I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. Fortunately it was mild and short lived. My buddy who raced TNMX and Washougal from '77-'83 hopped on and was like a fish in water! He played for at least an hour and had zero effects. It's gonna be fun seeing how all my other VR capable games work, especially DiRT Rally 2.0 and DCS. I also have to re-install KRP and GP Bikes too. Gonna need a bigger drive!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.