• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:32:02 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Mx Bikes Setup

Started by KliPPiE, March 06, 2022, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KliPPiE

Hey guys,

Anyone willing to help me with controller settings to be smoother, turned down direct lean but not clued up on other settings.

Thanks

Dubbzy

What I do to smooth things out is :

For lean (bike lean). First off, I turn the linearity setting up to 120-130 so I can have more precise movement of my lean angle in the later part of the input (when you are leaning the furthest). I also check the smoothing box, then set the press to anywhere between 40-60 since my controller is a POS and is way too sensitive to begin with, and then Ill set the release to 5 or 10 less than the press number. I have to turn the gain down a lot to anywhere between 85 to 88 depending on the SX track im riding. If you have to use lean help in the simulation tab you can, but Id recommend learning the game without it because it gives you way more control over the rider movements etc.

You will also want to do these adjustments to the rider lean F/B and L/R to whatever feels the best to you and your riding style. On some inputs if you hover over them with your mouse, a little tool tip appears that briefly explains what some settings do just in case you arent sure.

IF you are having trouble with the throttle or braking, turn up the smoothing and adjust linearity depending on where you want the most control to be. I prefer to have my throttle turned down below 100 since it allows you to ease into the throttle better instead of just full throttle right away out of corners or on starts.

For braking I honestly havent figured out an ideal setting for myself yet. I currently run combined brakes with a bit of adjustment to smoothing and gain so I dont instantly lock the brakes up if I have to brake hard into corners etc.

Other than this stuff its all really just practice and learning how the physics work in MXB since its more of a sim than an arcade mx game. It definitely takes a long time to get consistent so dont give up!!

KliPPiE

Thank you so much, will give it a try, MX Bikes is way different now to how it used to be.