• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:25:32 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

Hi,
Have you tried all the solutions i sent you by PM?
If yes you can forget to do anything, or search another solution, but i tried to solve this problem during monthes.

Snappe

Quote from: gdubmx on October 13, 2014, 07:10:17 PM
Tried both snappe and get an error with the 3dsmax plugin way, the fbx2edf.exe crashes every single time I attempt to convert. I've give up on it now, if you want to give it a go you are more than welcome to just let me know and I can pm you the files. Cheers anyway mate.

Feel free to send me files to test! If there is a problem with fbx2edf, we need to be able to replicate the bug.

MXK_cdub85

So I haven't found my answer searching around, I'm feeling so dumb at the moment lol. How in the heck do you change the track in an online race without it kicking everyone from the server and having to rejoin? I have to be missing something here. I click on admin, select the new track and then it kicks everyone, including me. Any help?

PiBoSo

Quote from: MXK_cdub85 on October 30, 2014, 03:08:28 AM
So I haven't found my answer searching around, I'm feeling so dumb at the moment lol. How in the heck do you change the track in an online race without it kicking everyone from the server and having to rejoin? I have to be missing something here. I click on admin, select the new track and then it kicks everyone, including me. Any help?

In theory you shouldn't be kicked out.
Just sent to bike choose page, while still connected, and then the track should be loaded.

GDUBMX

November 17, 2014, 03:07:56 AM #709 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 03:17:12 AM by gdubmx
Piboso, with the current build are we able to do an actual gate drop start in testing mode? If not could it be implemented in a forthcoming release? I think we could all benefit from it, would help with better starts plus it looks good in videos. Also another feature im not sure is possible is having the ability to assign hot keys/buttons to replay mode, that would awesome to control the slow mo without the need to keep bringing up the replay menu. That would be awesome! Really excited about beta 2 and the step toward supercross. Thanks for all your hard work and efforts in bringing us this title.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on November 17, 2014, 03:07:56 AM
Piboso, with the current build are we able to do an actual gate drop start in testing mode? If not could it be implemented in a forthcoming release? I think we could all benefit from it, would help with better starts plus it looks good in videos. Also another feature im not sure is possible is having the ability to assign hot keys/buttons to replay mode, that would awesome to control the slow mo without the need to keep bringing up the replay menu. That would be awesome! Really excited about beta 2 and the step toward supercross. Thanks for all your hard work and efforts in bringing us this title.

It is possible to practice with gates simply creating a local race and jumping to the start.
For replay controls, please click on the question mark in the bottom-left corner.

Maatth4

This is off topic. But I want to thank the team Piboso enormously for the work they do. I am so looking forward to each new update ! I wish you all the best ! The game will grow again and again! See you soon on the online.

:)

Mathieu

PiBoSo

Quote from: Maatth4 on November 20, 2014, 10:37:43 PM
This is off topic. But I want to thank the team Piboso enormously for the work they do. I am so looking forward to each new update ! I wish you all the best ! The game will grow again and again! See you soon on the online.

:)

Mathieu

Thank you  :)

MXK_cdub85

This may seem a bit daft, but I am wondering if there is any way to add spec maps or normal maps to bike/rider skins. I've tried at least a dozen methods and haven't had any luck. Just a use case example, I'm wanting to have the fork tubes produce a shinier look on a bike I've been working on. I've settled on texturing alone as of now, but it would be great to give that extra level of detail. I'd love to be able to add norms to the seat cover/grips etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!

PiBoSo

Quote from: MXK_cdub85 on January 27, 2015, 10:40:17 PM
This may seem a bit daft, but I am wondering if there is any way to add spec maps or normal maps to bike/rider skins. I've tried at least a dozen methods and haven't had any luck. Just a use case example, I'm wanting to have the fork tubes produce a shinier look on a bike I've been working on. I've settled on texturing alone as of now, but it would be great to give that extra level of detail. I'd love to be able to add norms to the seat cover/grips etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Of course it is possible to add shaders at new models.
It is also possible to paint the specular and normal maps. Documentation coming as soon as possible.

MXK_cdub85

January 28, 2015, 01:03:16 AM #715 Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:27:59 AM by MXK_cdub85
Brilliant! So new models having the ability to add specs and norms is a given, are you also saying that the current models can have them added as well? Just trying to clarify as I feel silly for not being able to get them to work lol. I'm a pretty experienced Photoshop/Illustrator user, or so I thought!

MXK_cdub85

bump

Any way to add spec/normal maps to the stock models?

Snappe

You can make your own specular / reflection maps by including the tga in the pnt. Just add _s or _r to the filename.
For example, livery_s.tga, bike_parts_r.tga, etc...
Are normal maps on the bike needed?

MXK_cdub85

Ya...would have never figured that out lol. Thanks Snappe you th man! Gonna mess around and see what I can come up with!

And I see use cases where textures alone don't always cut it. Seat cover, grip tape, grips etc. not super important I guess. I just enjoy details! As for the rider, you and I both know that normals make or break a skin.

Tmax94

Unable to join this server !

PiBoSo Dedicated    +       2 / 16    Practice Track    Open    10%          Practice       Join

This is normal normal ??