• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:17:30 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta5

Started by PiBoSo, December 21, 2016, 11:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacopastor34

Quote from: Sandbiter on December 22, 2016, 07:07:59 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on December 22, 2016, 06:12:03 PM
Quote from: Asdrael on December 22, 2016, 12:26:13 AM
PS: Any info on how to get the rev limiter to work with non-stock bikes?
No idea how to get them to work on custom bikes yet. I've managed to replace the stock 4 stroke limiter though. I'm having a little problem though. It seems like since I replaced the .WAV file with my own .WAV file the limiter has a volume of 100% however far you are from the actual bike. 500 Meters away has the same volume as 1 meter away from the bike (at least in replay, can't get online atm cuz of registration error).

Can't get the 2 stroke to work either. There's nothing I can find in the .SLC files that has to do with the limiter.

Snappe, Piboso, any ideas?

I found this on the GP bikes forum:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=287.msg1399#msg1399

Seems to be a bug I guess.

Waitttt...
I'll try a mono channel once I'm home again.. :-[

Rev limiter should be in BIKE.cfg main file.

Asdrael

It's there, but it doesn't work (and yes I did put the wav in the folder). Bit of a pity because beside that, the b4 custom bikes work. We need to figure out what's missing :p
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

StoneRider

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on December 22, 2016, 07:19:49 PM
Sand, I don't think 2 strokes have a rev limiter.
How stupid am I after saying that? ???

The stereo audio I had was my problem. With mono audio my rev limiter sound works great. This is just a replacement on the stock bikes though. I'll post it soon, I'll be making a couple of adjustments first.

By the way Piboso. Holy f*ck this beta is sick! It finally feels more like a dirtbike! So many bugs are gone physics wise. I love it a lot! Great job Piboso team. You deserve that holiday. 8)

CBL Gaming

There's a lot of things I like, and a lot of things that still shit me to no end.

The guys have already covered everything that's great, and solid effort, it's an amazing update.

but, the things that I'm still struggling with.

1. The front end stability is basically non existent, it may be a setup issue but I'm finding the front end traction is null and I can't trust it going into corners.

2. Even with the suspension set to in game concrete it still feels too soft, I'm bottoming out off basically every jump.

3. Even with realistic soft suspension the bike still feels skatey, you touch the brakes a tad too hard and you're down. You hit any sort of braking bump under load. You Die. I've resorted to dropping my brake settings to 50% gain so I can drag them, but when they're dragging you barely even slow down.

4. Slow speed stability, I damn near threw my controller after I reset 9 times and kept sliding out or falling over.  I finally figured out you gotta be super smooth with the throttle. But even so, if you're on a hill you're basically rooted.

I feel as though it's so close to being some great, but it's just not quite there.

BUT I DIGRESS, I haven't played the game since Beta 3 and from what I played before hand it's a MASSIVE update. Please keep it up Pib/snappe because the game has insane potential.

GDUBMX

hey CBL, i noticed the front brake was insanely stronger than before, i had to add a deadzone and lower the power to tame it back a bit, i also noticed the front end still seems a bit washy but it can be avoided by being extremely careful in the turns, super smooth analog control mate. i find this beta for me personally demands more respect and is way less attackable compared to Beta4. Thats purely my own opinion though.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

Quote from: CBL Gaming on December 22, 2016, 09:52:53 PM
1. The front end stability is basically non existent, it may be a setup issue but I'm finding the front end traction is null and I can't trust it going into corners.

2. Even with the suspension set to in game concrete it still feels too soft, I'm bottoming out off basically every jump.

3. Even with realistic soft suspension the bike still feels skatey, you touch the brakes a tad too hard and you're down. You hit any sort of braking bump under load. You Die. I've resorted to dropping my brake settings to 50% gain so I can drag them, but when they're dragging you barely even slow down.

Regarding the front brake, I was in the "this controller is gonna fly out the window next time I fall" mood too but then I fiddled with my settings a lot. I have almost nullified the problem on my end, I can still brake really hard but it's not ice-skatting as soon as I touch the lever. It smoothes out the early part of the action and removes the brutal changes, causing the washing out.

Settings - Advanced - Brake:
Linearity 75%
Smooth Press 50%
Smooth release 25%
Gain 100%
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

CBL Gaming

Quote from: Asdrael on December 22, 2016, 09:59:27 PM
Quote from: CBL Gaming on December 22, 2016, 09:52:53 PM

Regarding the front brake, I was in the "this controller is gonna fly out the window next time I fall" mood too but then I fiddled with my settings a lot. I have almost nullified the problem on my end, I can still brake really hard but it's not ice-skatting as soon as I touch the lever. It smoothes out the early part of the action and removes the brutal changes, causing the washing out.

Settings - Advanced - Brake:
Linearity 75%
Smooth Press 50%
Smooth release 25%
Gain 100%

I'll give it a whirl, cheers dude!

Asdrael

Just had a race with like 10 people and collisions (but no déformations). I don't think anyone crashed. Most of us, if not all, had below 100ms ping and it was pretty smooth. The only major warping problem was when people fell down and the bike was warping left and right and, statistically, 100% of the time appeared in front of me :p The is still a bit of warping when jumping but way less.

Earlier today, we had 5 people on a server with both collisions and deformation and noone crashed.

Big thumbs up for the stability improvement.

The physics are also quite a major improvement. I find that, after finding my setting and setup, the bikes "sits" better and doesn't feel like it's gliding too much. The major problem I still have is due to the "lateral" grip: powerslides are still uncontrollable, and sometimes, the front end washes out for no reasons when it's light (almost wheeling on a slope, trying to brake after the rebound of a heavy landing). The suspensions feel overall better as well, the rebound is way less pronounced.

So overall, awesome. really a big thank you a congratulations for the major stability increase, it was needed, and well worth the effort. Smoother netcode is already in the works I know, but I feel like the next step for physics should be in the "lateral" grip as mentioned.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I really want to ride online with you all, but clearly deformation still doesn't work online so please turn it off! ;)

GDUBMX

Quote from: TFC on December 22, 2016, 11:03:02 PM
I really want to ride online with you all, but clearly deformation still doesn't work online so please turn it off! ;)
yeh i keep being booted of matterly mate, offkine the game handles deform way better though
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

Quote from: TFC on December 22, 2016, 11:03:02 PM

It does, but yeah, Materly is booting me as well. No idea why, because in teh 10s I could ride on it, it was the same exact deformation we left with Philian and a few others earlier today.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

I didn't have any problems. Was online for a couple of hours but didn't get a single core.

[GH]Cody

hopped on a server with 3 people on winchester, after about a half lap i got a crash, the deformation looked nice though from what those riders left. settings maxed, does turning down the graphic settings still help?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

December 22, 2016, 11:17:47 PM #59 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:21:47 PM by TFC
If it's the same as it was previously, it works if you are there at the start of the session. If you join later on half way through the creation of the deformation you last about 30 seconds to a minute.

So is anyone running a server without deformation? Right now it's..