• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 12:22:05 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

exceedingly hard?

Started by Hooves, February 29, 2016, 04:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooves

Hey guys, I play MX sim and I can manage there pretty well, but I cant even make it around the track here with out crashing 30 -40 times.    I'm using a PS3 controller, that also works with MX sim.  I just cant seem to get my head around steering and leaning, often time sit seems my player just falls over randomly.  I would think that some simulation of a player already having the basic balance skills of a 4 yr old would be added.  As it seems now, the avatars need to learn how to walk, forget riding lol.  Anyway, I hope some one has some advice.  Id hate to have wasted the money.  (though it was more for support than enjoyment) 

GDUBMX

Its works a lot different to any other bike game honestly, I set my direct lean to 25% which means you have to counter steer out the corners, example when you move the stick left the bike will lean left but will gradually start to go back right, when you wanna to straighten up.again you turn right and the bike will start to lean the other way. I'm.crap at explaining stuff sorry haha. Stick at it mate ad it really does take time to ride as well as mace and fats. Piboso is planning on adding some novice helpers which should assist the new guys but I think that's scheduled for a few betas time.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

February 29, 2016, 09:21:43 AM #2 Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:25:19 AM by TheFatController
Like gdub says, stick at it. Might be worth playing with all the settings. If you try say direct lean on 0 and then on 100% you should then understand what it does and can find the best % for you. Do that for all settings as getting a personal setup you're happy with is the most important thing.

Oh, and you're paying to support development, gain mod support and extra dev content. I don't think you'd be turned away from support if all you had was the demo. So you could have played the demo for a while before committing. I really like the fact PiBoSo offers a demo for that reason.

Snappe

Also bear in mind that the physics are not 'final' and we are working on improving it with every new beta.

Wedgewood

I found most of the problems come from too much power and traction from the rear.  Then the throttle is hit too hard pulling away the rear tire spins and intermittently grips causing to bike to feel unstable and unpredictable.  I now use direct lean 100% to give me more responsiveness but when I started out I found direct lean 40% to work good.  I found the bike to be much more controllable with soft front tires and hard rear tires along with a soft front end and a hard rear and change the wheelbase to 2.  This loosens up the rear a bit more and allows the bike to slide a bit without loosing control.  Try a few laps using only about a quarter throttle or maybe half at the most and the bike will feel much more controllable.

Hooves

Thanks for the prompt replies!  Ill try all those things, unfortunately it'll have to wait a week while I'm out on business.   

BadStar

Hey Hooves,

I'm pretty new to the series also.. started a couple months back in beta3. It was hard as all heck for me at first but once I got my controls/settings in order and put a little time in, I have really started to pick up speed and consistency!  I hope you are able to do the same!!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime