• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:12:27 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

how do you do this in air? NO WHIP

Started by kawasaki356, March 04, 2021, 06:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawasaki356

whats up guys after 11 years of mxsim and getting really bored of it, i finally decided to get mxbikes.

been having a blast so far and already got like 100 hours in lol.

but one thing is that i cant seem to figure out, ive been watching mcchicken alot on youtube and he seems to get the bike to come over backwards while leaning forward at the same time, he often lands like this to absorb bumps while landing and it really seems to make his overall riding really smooth.
i dont get how he does this, does he clutch mid air? is it just gas? ive tried both and the bike doesnt seem to come backwards as it does at him.

here are some examples
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15OLx05Bw4s&t=145s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7rPn8VyHME at 1:26

those are just 2 clear examples, he does it all the time.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

March 04, 2021, 08:00:44 PM #1 Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 08:04:25 PM by 𝖙𝖋𝖈
Simple, lean forward and give it some throttle.

Leaning forward will naturally bring the front end up if throttle is applied at the same time as you're effectively pulling the bars into your chest to get your body over the front of the bike.

I don't want to teach you to suck eggs since you sound like you probably have experience, but throttle in the air = gas gyro effect. In real life you should always land with a bit of throttle for stability so the combo gets what you see.

Same is true of braking and leaning back. When you're in the air leaning back will push the bars away and thus front end down, and stamping on the brakes stops wheel rotation and causes the bike to rotate nose down. Just make sure if you're riding full sim that you clutch when you brake tap in the air or you'll stall the bike out.

You can see it in the intro to my vids too

Drew_419

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on March 04, 2021, 08:00:44 PMSimple, lean forward and give it some throttle.

Leaning forward will naturally bring the front end up if throttle is applied at the same time as you're effectively pulling the bars into your chest to get your body over the front of the bike.

I don't want to teach you to suck eggs since you sound like you probably have experience, but throttle in the air = gas gyro effect. In real life you should always land with a bit of throttle for stability so the combo gets what you see.

Same is true of braking and leaning back. When you're in the air leaning back will push the bars away and thus front end down, and stamping on the brakes stops wheel rotation and causes the bike to rotate nose down. Just make sure if you're riding full sim that you clutch when you brake tap in the air or you'll stall the bike out.

You can see it in the intro to my vids too

Hello i have the same problem as the guy up top but mine is a bit different i know i am leaning forward and bringing the bars to my chest, buttttt i dont get the affect when i use the forward lean and my bike looks like it dosent move but when i go to 3rd person i can see it pulling the front end up but i just want that animation in fistperson i used to get it but i dont anymore can you please help

Resolute Kraken

Make sure "Lock to Bike" is turned off and you are in the second, first person view.