• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:48:17 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Dedicated server

Started by PiBoSo, October 02, 2014, 02:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Niko Mouk

No sorry I rode this, what I mean is me, as a client when I'm connected to my own server, where/how do I put the password to type admin commands ?
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

HornetMaX

In the same place where you put the password to connect to a password protected server. If you put the admin password, you'll log in as admin.

teeds

Quote from: Niko Mouk on April 10, 2016, 05:46:32 PM
No sorry I rode this, what I mean is me, as a client when I'm connected to my own server, where/how do I put the password to type admin commands ?

You need to enter the admin password before joining a server, it goes in the password box bottom right of the server list screen.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Niko Mouk

Haha ok, I'll never thought to put the admin password here !
Thank you guys :)
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

Azazel

Hi,
I dont understand how i can set qualif time and race time in the dedicated.ini.
I can set race_lap and race_length but i dont know what does it do?
When i join my dedicated server i play in practice, in qualif but never in race, where is the problem?

dedicated.ini :

[race]
quick_race = 0; 0 or 1, if set to 1, practice, sighting lap and warmup lap are skipped
practice_length = 1; minutes
prequalify_length = 0; minutes
warmup_length = 0; minutes
sighting_lap = 0; 0 or 1
race_length = 100; % of full length
race_use_laps = 1; 0 or 1. If set to 1, race_laps is used instead of race_length
race_laps = 1; number of race laps

teeds

Last I knew (don't think it's changed since) you can either set race laps or % of full race depending on the switch "race_use_laps = 1; 0 or 1. If set to 1, race_laps is used instead of race_length" . The qualifying laps are then set at 70% of the race distance and currently are not separately adjustable.

Quote from: Azazel on January 10, 2017, 09:44:58 AM
When i join my dedicated server i play in practice, in qualif but never in race, where is the problem?

Not sure what you mean by this? Your ini below is set for a 1 race lap, not sure how the game will set the qualifying laps but guess it'll round up to 1. But are you saying you never get to the race in your server with these settings?

Azazel

Thanks Teeds,

If i understand good, I have to try with other parameters, maybe my problems will disappear.

When you tell 70%, it is 70% of race lap or race length?
So, if in parameters i have : 100% race and 100 laps race we have 70 qualif laps and 30 race laps or 70 qualif laps and 100 race laps?
Or i understanding nothing   :-[

teeds

Quote from: Azazel on January 10, 2017, 01:57:36 PM
When you tell 70%, it is 70% of race lap or race length?
So, if in parameters i have : 100% race and 100 laps race we have 70 qualif laps and 30 race laps or 70 qualif laps and 100 race laps?

Yea I think you've got it but It's either laps or %, not both depending on how you set "race_use_laps = 1; 0 or 1. If set to 1, race_laps is used instead of race_length"

Qually is 70% of either, so -

If you use Laps - race_use_laps = 1
10 laps = 7 qualifying laps
20 laps = 14 qualifying laps

If you use % - race_use_laps = 0
If a real race is 20 laps and you set 100%, that's 20 laps = 14 qualifying laps
If a real race is 20 laps and you set 50%, that's 10 laps = 7 qualifying laps

Not used % myself so I'm not sure what the number of laps for 100% is (easy to find out though, just run a 100% race and note laps), maybe it's a certain amount set in game for SX and MX but maybe it's in each track config?

Azazel

Thanks for all Teeds!!

I will try  ;D

Yamaha285

So was just getting mine to work but i have some confusion on what to do for this to work correctly so please help if you can. My server shows up as dedicated server and we can get our friends to connect but its stuck on a supermoto track only. Can i get some direction on how to name the tracks in order for this to work. Also the server is always on even when i disconnect it shows up on the list is that normal? Can someone post a code for how it should look to work correct and with the proper track codes?

Thanks and hopefully i can add to the list over servers.

Yamaha285

Quote from: geofanatec on March 27, 2017, 02:14:42 AM
Name the track same as the folder name (or pkz) for the track.

Some have different layouts like on JS7 and require a layout name as well (which is name of subfolder in track folder).

Hope that helps.

I've named them that but it defaults to the Adria international Raceway every time. Plus the laps are not changing as well. I want to make sure i am spacing and entering in all the right info. when i copy that code line do i need to edit every line in there?

Yamaha285

[connection]
name =Monster Yamaha Racing
maxclient =20
password =
admin_password =
bandwidth = ; 0
max_ping = ; milliseconds. 0
whitelist = ; the filename of the whitelist
blacklist = ; the filename of the blacklist
polls_disable = ; 0
location = ; Pacific Northwest
MOTD = ; Have Fun

[export]
results =  ; html or xml. If set it will automatically export results at the end of the last session
directory = ; the directory where results will be saved ( must exist )
units =  ; 0 -> metric units, 1 -> US units, 2 -> UK units

[replay]
save = ; 0 or 1, If set to 1 it will automatically save the full replay at the end of the race
directory = ; the directory where replays will be saved ( must exist )

[event]
name = ; the name of the event ( optional )
track = ; Glen Helen 2015
track_layout = ; track layout ( for ex. Short ). Empty -> Default;
category = ; bike category allowed. Empty -> Open. Multiple categories can be set with a slash in between. For example: MX1/MX2

[rating]
class = ; A -> 2000+, B -> 1600-1999; C -> 1200-1599; D -> 800-1199

[weather]
realistic = ; 0 or 1, if set to 1, following params are ignored
conditions = ; 0 -> sunny, 1 -> cloudy, 2 -> rainy
temperature = ; air temperature, celsius
wind_direction = ; 0 -> north, 1 -> north-east, 2 -> east, ..., 7 -> north-west
wind_speed = ; meters/second
track_conditions = ; 0 -> dry, 1 -> wet

[hardcore]
force_cockpit = ; 0 or 1
no_aids = ; 0 or 1
limited_tyre_sets = ; 0 or 1

[race]
quick_race = ; 0 or 1, if set to 1, practice, sighting lap and warmup lap are skipped
practice_length = ; minutes
prequalify_length = ; minutes
warmup_length = ; minutes
sighting_lap = ; 0 or 1
race_length = ; % of full length
race_use_laps = ; 0 or 1. If set to 1, race_laps is used instead of race_length
race_laps = ; number of race laps
restart_delay = ; server restart time in seconds
pause = ; 0 or 1. If set to 1, the event is paused and saved at the end of "pause_session"
pause_session = ; practice, prequalify, qualify, warmup, race1 or race2
pause_directory = ; the directory where data is saved. The default is "resume"
resume = ; the file to load to resume an event
save = ; 0 or 1. If set to 1, the event is saved at the end of "save_session". If "pause" is set, this setting is ignored
save_session = ; practice, prequalify, qualify, warmup, race1 or race2
save_directory = ; the directory where data is saved. The default is "resume"

[live]
enable = ; 1 to enable live timing
port = ; the UDP port
password =

[collisions]
disable = ; 0

[deformation]
scale = ; 1

Yamaha285

Ok and do i even need that ; after? is it spaced after the = or does that matter? Also how do i get the server to show something other then dedicated server?

Yamaha285

Ok i still for some reason cannot get it to work. I tried to host one earlier but people get a connection time out. I did the port forwarding as well but not sure