a little tool to edit .scl file (only for GPB beta14 and MXB beta8).
Love this stuff and you want to show that ? Have too much money at hand and don't knowe what to do with it ? Donations are welcome 8)
PM me when donations are done, so that I can keep a donors list HERE
(http://i.imgur.com/8qEORV3.png) (https://www.paypal.me/HornetMaX)DOWNLOAD v1.4 (2018/07/16) for GPB beta14 & MXB beta8
this is not a plugin, it's a standalone tool. Just copy it in a folder where you have write rights (i.e. avoid "Program Files" and similar).IMPORTANT:
some samples are provided in the Samples
folder (just from GPB, but it's the same for MXB).
Notice that you will be able to load the default bikes (e.g the 'murasama_rc990_03' for GPB) but you won't be able to "play" the sounds, as the .wav of the default bikes are encrypted. The samples are provided anyway:
- to show how a properly done .scl is: you can replace the default (encrypted) .wav with your own ones and play with them.
- to show which files are needed by the tool. Basically the .scl, the bike.cfg, the .engn (all of them, if more than one), the tyreset .cfg, all the .tyre and all the .wav referenced by the .scl.
(I'll beef this up when I have time):
- Take the entire bike directory of the bike you want and copy it somewhere (avoid messing it up).
- Run the tool.
- If a bike uses shared tyres (e.g. the bike 'MotoGP_2017_HONDA_RC213V_MDL1' uses tyres 'Michelin_MotoGP_17'), you must set the 'Tyres folder': from the main window, use menu Main/Tyres folder to point to the correct folder. MaxSCL will try to load the tyre data from that folder firtst (if set) and from the bikes folder after.
- Open the .scl file of the bike.
- Play around with the buttons to edit the file: add samples, add points, ... try to understand how each action is reflected in the text editor.
- You can edit directly the text in the editor: just do a Ctrl+U to update after any change you do in the editor.
- Play the thing to hear how it sounds. You can use the mouse or any connected joystick/joypad/input device (with analog axis) to control the throttle.
you can open the files from GPB/MXB default bikes, but you won't be able to hear any sound as the samples (*.wav) are encrypted. Anything else should work.NOTE:
the tool can't open .pkz files, so the tyres files must be uncompresed.
Thanks MaX.. If I ever decide I want to torture myself by getting involved with sounds again this will be very helpful, and thanks for all the work you've put in to the program and the documentation!
Thx TheFatController. If an MXB mod bike is made with custom sounds (instead of the default ones), I'd gladly add it to the examples provided with MaxSCL.