so since there are some people having issues with the push forward/backward key assignment, I figured a maybe working fix out.
So let's start with a fresh installation of MX Bikes with a non-existing controls.txt, which first appears when you change something in the settings and press "DONE".
The location of the controls.txt should be "Your Documents\PiBoSo\MX Bikes\profiles\YourProfile\".
1. Start MX Bikes and change something in your controls, i.e. assign the push forward/backward buttons to what you want.
2. Press DONE
3. Go to your profile folder and check if there's a controls.txt present.
if that's not the case, then there's something wrong with your Read/Write permissions in the documents folder, which doesn't make any sense. So the file should be there.
4. Open the controls.txt and go to line #23, "CTRL_LOWSPEED". That line looks unchanged like that:
After you changed it with e.g. a Xbox One controller it should somewhat look like this:
5. Copy the line and save it somewhere.
6. Close MX Bikes and the controls.txt and reload the documents folder.
7. Open the controls.txt and check if the line "CTRL_LOWSPEED" changed back to the unchanged setting I mentioned above.
8. If that's the case, replace the line with what you just copied and save.
9. Start MX Bikes. The setting should be correct now.
IF that's still not the case, change every setting and click on DONE. Go to the profile folder and right click on the controls.txt Click on properties and then on the "Security" tab. Click on "Edit..." and check "deny" on "full control". This should prevent random changes happening.
Maybe that fixes it for some of you, I don't have that problem but that's how it maybe could be prevented.