• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:11:45 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Controller Stuff

Started by teeds, April 05, 2015, 05:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

From Here ... but about any controller, and stuff.

Geo, it's well worth it, keeps ya fit too ;) you seen this http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22267 ? The sensors are only about £1.10 each, magnets about £6 for 15 last I looked. Just shout and i'll help if I can.

Quote from: Braap570 on April 05, 2015, 03:25:55 PM
QuoteProbably cost about £70 but I had bike bits lying around I could use.
do i understand that right?! this controller only costs acout £70 without "real" bike parts like a bar?!

Roughly yes, I had the bars, rear-sets, seat, throttle and cables already. The biggest cost was the board at £25 then lots of other little bits, like bearings, grips, levers, risers, metal and springs (mostly from ebay).
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

teeds

Quote from: geofanatec on April 05, 2015, 05:57:00 PM
Be curious to know If there is anything u would do different in hind sight.

The centre box with sensors etc for throttle, front brake and clutch could be better, but any way I can think of that improves it involves machining of some sort. Mine consists of no more than small bearings, 6mm bolts, jubilee clips and little bits of metal I made to connect the bearing pairs.
Also I'm looking to replacing the brakes, which are currently connected to springs, with a pressure based sensing system. In the rear brake I also have some holed silicon sealer trapped in a barrel for resistance and it feels pretty good but I would like to replace the front mainly as it's pure spring and will also free some room in the centre section.

Don't forget the fundamental steering angle and drop to bars ie 13º and 170mm

teeds

Nice! This type of steering should imitate an MX bike leaning feel well.
Are you going to have this rig spring back to centre? Looks easy enough to fit sensors to and also some travel stops for each axis, maybe adjustable height on the bars.

teeds

Looking good man, the bars with springs will probably be fine, maybe think about the damper for the bike lean i.e. to slow it down. Been looking at a cheap damper for mine to slow leaning more to the speed the bike will actually lean over at in mxb, but not sure yet.
One thing that jumps into mind looking at your rig is the springs will need to be way more resistive on the back side to hold those bars and metal work up. Also with bike lean axis maybe consider moving the spring points further from the pivot to get more effect from a spring, looks like you have plenty of room for that.
Looking at the brake, if you can move the foot pegs pivot point so you can get some electronics behind there for the brake sensor, currently it looks crammed in with that bike lean spring (might help ease things down the line and moving them I doubt will be noticed).

When's this all getting built then?  :)

teeds

How's it going then geo, any updates?

teeds

Quote from: geofanatec on April 15, 2015, 02:28:19 AM
However.....couple snags.

Will have a "real" pic (prob vid) of the basic frame and springs and how it reacts this weekend sometime.

Will be good to see, nothing major snag wise I hope?

Quote from: geofanatec on April 15, 2015, 02:28:19 AM
Then next week.....adding sensors!! And getting it to work

When you get into this bit I'll get some pics and details about the way magnets and sensors can be mounted if you need. Are you going to start with springs on the brakes for resistance or pressure sensors?

BOSfap

Good day
Does anyone know what is it that naked chicks are doing in my personal profile in the beginning, women appeared, then men too 
Moderators delete them soon already - forum.mx-bikes.com/id794729/foto
I'm waiting for an answer!