• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:41:27 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta3

Started by PiBoSo, April 30, 2015, 11:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

April 30, 2015, 11:28:41 PM Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:41:40 PM by PiBoSo
MX Bikes beta3 released:
http://www.mx-bikes.com/?page=news

Download:
http://www.mx-bikes.com/?page=downloads
( mirrors would be extremely helpful and welcome )

To update:
1) delete everything in the MX Bikes installation folder and in "My Documents"/PiBoSo/MX Bikes/ except for license.ini
2) launch the new installer

Please note that replays are not compatible with the previous version.

PiBoSo

April 30, 2015, 11:28:48 PM #1 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 11:36:32 PM by PiBoSo
Release notes

We already know that there still is A LOT of work to do on physics.
However, we thought it would be a good idea, after five months of wait, to release a "snapshot" of development to:
- let you test all the new features and changes
- collect feedback
- allow modders to use the tracks created with the latest tools

From now on, having completed the biggest tasks ( that were the dynamic track surface and wet terrain ), you can expect more frequent updates.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thank you!  :D Downloading but busy with work annoyingly lol.. Did I say thank you?  ;D

teeds

Downoading now, cheers  8)
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

shanebell618

Docfumi

Brilliant, Thanks PiBoSo and Team  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Jester

This is great news.  8)
Thanks

teeds

Should a beta 3 dedi server show up in the master list yet or has that yet to be updated?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on May 01, 2015, 12:24:46 AM
Should a beta 3 dedi server show up in the master list yet or has that yet to be updated?

Not updated yet.

Jester

First impressions are pretty good, training only so cant really get an impression of deformation but the handling is smoother, pulling away on a hill after a crash is easier and overall no negatives so far.
Looking forward to some multiplayer action.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Jester on May 01, 2015, 01:21:56 AM
First impressions are pretty good, training only so cant really get an impression of deformation but the handling is smoother, pulling away on a hill after a crash is easier and overall no negatives so far.
Looking forward to some multiplayer action.

Deformation works in testing, too:
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=686.0

Jester

Nice, look forward to testing that out tomorrow.
Just had a run on Practice track and the bike seems to feel unnaturally fast. Is there a big change to the bike or is it just my imagination and track limits making it narrower?
Thanks.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Jester on May 01, 2015, 01:39:34 AM
Nice, look forward to testing that out tomorrow.
Just had a run on Practice track and the bike seems to feel unnaturally fast. Is there a big change to the bike or is it just my imagination and track limits making it narrower?
Thanks.

The compacting resistance has been greatly lowered. Maybe too much?

PizzaChet

May 01, 2015, 01:51:08 AM #13 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:54:18 AM by PizzaChet
Woot! D/L'ing now. I'm bombin' down the information superhighway at a gas-guzzling 200 KB/s! By the time I type this out it'll have finished. Thanks for your continued honesty and frankness about this dev process Mr.(Mrs? Ms?) Pi, Bo or So. I really look forward to checking out the new build.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

TCrain

The new rider animations are awesome.  He looks very good on the bike.  I'm not quite sure what the "compacting resistance" is, but I would guess that it has been lowered too much.  I have very little feel for the front wheel.  It seems to wobble all around and just slide when I come into turns.