• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:25:38 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta3

Started by PiBoSo, April 30, 2015, 11:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaseoDip

I can see my arms when I lean forward hahah

PizzaChet

It warned me that beta3 might be harmful to my comp as it is malware, lol. I decided to keep it.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

KaseoDip

Also the front end is rather sketchy.

shanebell618

KaseoDip

This game just got about 15 times harder

Clark139

Cant even make it one lap around the practice track wow lol

PizzaChet

I like where you're taking this! I instantly feel more forgiveness in the front end/stability and controllability. I always use Test Track for changes in feel for setups and rev changes. It really does seem that the fences are tighter together and/or the scenery does whip by faster. I do feel more confident hitting berms at speed. It's cool watching the tire tracks on the terrain update! Sad I lost all those tracks and bikes, but I'm sure the updates will be flying in. Exciting times yall, great time to be a sim nut!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Clark139

Is there no 2 stroke in beta 3 :(

Mace-x

Beta 3 Finally!  8)

Short: I dont like it.  :-\

Pros:
-Deformation works good
-Rider animations are better, much better
-enduro and mxb clud are ggood tracks, i like them!
-new textures/disp maps in maryland and practice track are good, nice objects too.
-Rider leans back properly, looks great!
-Bike stabilization is better in low speed/under pressure

Cons:
-Rider is leaning front too much in default position?
-Bike feels floaty and cant land jumps a little to flat, it rebounds all over the place.
-high speed stabilization is bad, bike steering wobbles and often fall.

I dont really know what´s wrong, the bike is unpredictable/unstable, i liked beta 2 better, felt more solid, this beta has some great potential but still needs a lot of work, might get to a great simulation tho, hope to try paleta raceway on this beta *Cough* Fats! *Cough*  ;D

ChrisK

May 01, 2015, 10:09:15 AM #24 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:32:12 AM by ChrisK
Beta 3 is a much better then beta 2, bike feels better it feels more like motocross.

i can run clean laps after 5 mins testing. waiting vor the servers "cant go online "connection tiemout"

guys dont lean and sit to much and turn off wheeling help, brake help, auto lean forward/back...

edit: air control is realy good now!

teeds

Quote from: Mace-x on May 01, 2015, 07:29:47 AM
Pros:
-Deformation works good
-Rider animations are better, much better
-enduro and mxb clud are ggood tracks, i like them!
-new textures/disp maps in maryland and practice track are good, nice objects too.
-Rider leans back properly, looks great!
-Bike stabilization is better in low speed/under pressure

Cons:
-Rider is leaning front too much in default position?
-Bike feels floaty and cant land jumps a little to flat, it rebounds all over the place.
-high speed stabilization is bad, bike steering wobbles and often fall.

This seems a fair assessment based on the quick blast I had last night, it's like the front needs slower damping? Didn't try the 350 but the 250 seems to have more power, was over jumping everything on Maryland.

Will be giving this a lot more attention this evening, fingers crossed the multi player is available.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

𝖙𝖋𝖈

While I think it's way too early to give proper feedback, first impressions are amazing. The bike feels so much more stable, the front end doesn't dictate the bikes behavior nearly as much as before (like in whoops for example) and the rider animations and position / movement is great. The front end doesn't wash out nearly as much although it would be nice to see more emphasis on sliding control in the next beta both breaking and under acceleration.

It reminds me of what we saw in the pre alpha videos, the way the bike handles bumps just feels way more natural. Great job! Same as when beta 2 was released, the progression from the last is astounding!

Just a note I have noticed if I try and launch a track from the bike selection screen the game crashes every time.

Asdrael

May 01, 2015, 11:47:46 AM #27 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 11:51:27 AM by senensis
Going to the "settings" and clicking "done" crashes the game for me. Clean install, running the .exe in admin, and with "write only" unticked on every file. It seems like I'm the only one affected though?

I could run beta2 just fine and followed instructions for the update.

Edit: if I don't touch the settings, the game launches just fine and I can load a track etc. And since it's my first post - thanks for the work, great potential in this game :)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

daffernn

Also i dont know if its some sort of setting that has reset but before to whip i would go to the face of the jump and rider lean to the left and it would whip the back end around, now leaning seems to do little to nothing? ALSO im getting little crashes i just wait them out, changing bikes seems to crash aswell.

ChrisK

omg ground deformation with multiplier 3 on the practice track is just AMAZINGG, pls update the servers