• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:20:12 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta3

Started by PiBoSo, April 30, 2015, 11:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Quote from: senensis on May 01, 2015, 11:47:46 AM
Going to the "settings" and clicking "done" crashes the game for me. Clean install, running the .exe in admin, and with "write only" unticked on every file. It seems like I'm the only one affected though?

I changed loads of settings yesterday and got a CTD when clicking done afterwards (undoing all the changes  :( ) , but went back in and pressed done after I set each section and it all went ok?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Asdrael

Quote from: teeds on May 01, 2015, 12:01:39 PM
ds of settings yesterday and got a CTD when clicking done afterwards (undoing all the changes  :( ) , but went back in and pressed done after I set each section and it all went ok?

Thanks for the help. Just going to settings and clicking Done, even without changing anything, still crashes the game. It's not a CTD but an .exe not responding at all (the resolution, if I change it, is applied on the screen with MXB, but the process remains unresponsive). I'll fiddle around a bit more, and post again if I fix it.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

PiBoSo

The updated master server is now up.

Pro-tip: when the bike is reset on a very steep uphill and it's difficult to climb it, the "Low Speed" control can be very useful.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Low speed is definitely useful!

Another thing I forgot to mention, the 3rd person camera is perfect!!  ;D

Docfumi

Quote from: senensis on May 01, 2015, 12:14:50 PM
Quote from: teeds on May 01, 2015, 12:01:39 PM
ds of settings yesterday and got a CTD when clicking done afterwards (undoing all the changes  :( ) , but went back in and pressed done after I set each section and it all went ok?

Thanks for the help. Just going to settings and clicking Done, even without changing anything, still crashes the game. It's not a CTD but an .exe not responding at all (the resolution, if I change it, is applied on the screen with MXB, but the process remains unresponsive). I'll fiddle around a bit more, and post again if I fix it.

You may want to check that your video drivers are up to date,
I have had somewhat the same problems as you in the past with
GP Bikes and updating my graphics card made a world of difference.

Goodluck  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

daffernn

Piboso did you change anything to do with the rider lean, it use to be a big factor on how to control the bike in the air now it seems to do little to nothing?

PiBoSo

Quote from: daffernn on May 01, 2015, 12:36:29 PM
Piboso did you change anything to do with the rider lean, it use to be a big factor on how to control the bike in the air now it seems to do little to nothing?

Yes, there were changes in rider lean, too.
Thank you for the feedback.

Jamieke22

PiBoSo Is the 250 2 stroke in beta 3?   ;)

daffernn

Ok no problem great work on beta 3! and no it isnt jamie.

Docfumi

I'm happy to report that the MaxHud v1.9.5 Plugin works just fine with the new Beta 3  ;D
HA! Now I just need to learn how to set up the Bike, I have no clue about setting up a MX Bike lol  ::)

It seems the bike is very light in weight or the suspension is very strong, I'm bouncing all over the place  ;)

I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

al167

May 01, 2015, 01:21:17 PM #40 Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 01:19:19 PM by al167
after 10 minutes gameplay: here's my feedback!
pros:
looks great visually!
love the new tracks.
3rd person camera now feels right!
cons:
physics - still unpredictable. What the rider is trying to do with the leaning/steering automatically is just unpredictable in my opinion.  I haven't tried hard-core mode yet with this version, but like I've said before, steering the bike must be fully controlled by the user. to enjoy any game, your actions need to be predictable.

a couple of quick suggestions:
-UI:
at the moment the red help bubble makes the menu feel frozen.the help bubble in the UI is distracting and gets in the way. - id prefer if when you hovered over a particular menu a help bar would pop up after 2 seconds. the menu would feel much better that way.
-terrain deformation:
It doesn't appear dynamically under the wheels whilst in third person. (there must be a slight delay) some visual effect under the actual wheels in real time would look nice!. tires could sit into the surface a little more too maybe.

bike perpendicular to terrain when stopped?:
when you stop on a berm the bike/rider sits on an angle and looks very odd. IMO "Roll" should default to z axis when stopped. would look a lot more realistic.

1st person camera- its weird how you can see the riders arms when you lean forwards. maybe the camera could move forward/ with the riders body?

that's all for me, going to wait for beta 4!
Good luck with it!

daffernn

Yeah i realised the lean on berms makes it hard to start going again if the terrain is not perfectly flat.

Tmax94

ChrisK

u guys use the wrong 1rd person cam, use the second ine and set fov to 95, then u see no arms and it looks right

teeds

Yea It's like the 1st person views order has been switch, views 1 and 2 are now reversed.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba