• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:15:12 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta3

Started by PiBoSo, April 30, 2015, 11:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

Why does my game says "connected..." but never actually starts?  :'(

arnzzz

May 02, 2015, 12:01:26 AM #76 Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 12:18:14 AM by arnzzz
Im finding the new physics really hard to get used to tbh. Its like the front wants to bounce me off all the time, and it is throwing me off a lot lol. Also the back end seems to lose traction completely to easily.

Maybe i just need more time :)

Edit...

Yeah im finding this new physics HARD, the bike is just bouncing and spinning.

Tmax94

Changelog Piboso beta 3
new: exhaust smoke support

I see no smoke !

𝖙𝖋𝖈

The keyword there is 'support'..  :( Meaning modders can add. How though? not sure, would love to know!  ;D

GDUBMX

is there a current bug where even with skip intro enabled the intro still comes up?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on May 02, 2015, 10:44:22 AM
is there a current bug where even with skip intro enabled the intro still comes up?

The splash screen is now always shown, because the bike loading time is much longer due to the dirt layers.
With "Skip Intro" there is no additional wait.

GDUBMX

right ok thanks Piboso. Is it possible to keep the bike dirty when you return to pits? would be cool to add a "wash bike" feature as opposed to it being clean each time you return to pits. :D

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on May 02, 2015, 11:51:19 AM
right ok thanks Piboso. Is it possible to keep the bike dirty when you return to pits? would be cool to add a "wash bike" feature as opposed to it being clean each time you return to pits. :D

Added to the TODO list.

Asdrael

Terrain deformation is really great. Amazing addition. On this aspect, 3 suggestions:
- Disable deformation in the pits / starting gring.
- In testing mode, add a "reset deformation" option so you don't have to reload everything when you want a fresh track.
- Disable deformation for 1 meter or 2 after a restart, otherwise you quickly end up with "holes" at random spots in the track... especially on uphill slopes when it can be difficult to get back up.

Unless I'm mistaken, terrain only gets removed and doesn't pile up right? So it only digs?
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

PiBoSo

Quote from: senensis on May 02, 2015, 12:54:00 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, terrain only gets removed and doesn't pile up right? So it only digs?

Correct.

GDUBMX

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 02, 2015, 12:08:12 PM
Quote from: gdubmx on May 02, 2015, 11:51:19 AM

Added to the TODO list.
awesome. Great job BTW Piboso. Really enjoying the beta so far. Shame there's no 2 stroke. Do you plan to release it? If so, are you planning on making the sound better? I trued to open the wavs on my Cubase 5 but it doesn't recognise them which is strange. 

HornetMaX

Default .wav are likely encrypted (it's the case for GPB).

MaX.

teeds

Going by the wear rate of the Practice Track in B3 would I be correct in thinking the surface used is a soft one? Also is there any way to control the wear rate via the server setup?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

kamloops

Really great job Piboso and Snappe for this beta3.

By the way, I suppose the bike dirt is an other alpha texture. What is the name of this alpha ? Or maybe we just need to put this alpha in the alpha channel of diff or norm ?
Also, in the gfx file, the dir section of exhaust is the coordinate of an unitary vector (which indicate the direction of smoke) ?

Clark139

The bike feels like its a sport bike put on a dirt bike track. If you ride like that its fine but whiping the back end out of a corner and taking tight corners are almost impossible