• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:27:18 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX-Bikes Central - New Content Site

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, May 02, 2015, 10:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey all,

Introducing www.mxb-central.com

Have been working on this on and off over the last couple of months in-between other projects. The idea being that if you guys have somewhere decent to upload tracks / skins / models etc.. it gives us more of a reason to create in the first place. A good custom content driven community is one thing MX-Bikes is going to need.

Features include:

• Register, user account and 200mb file upload, first 3 uploads have to be approved then you will become a full member with the freedom to upload and have it automatically added
  • Use custom avatar
  • Download others content - all uploads are public
  • Rate content and receive ratings
  • Comment and reply to comments on uploaded items
  • Category and archive views with category tree and breadcrumbs, plus search feature (emphasis on navigation and categorisation)
  • Top uploads of the month list
  • News and updates front page

Nothing groundbreaking, but it's a good start to what could be a great content site. I've tried to make it as intuitive as possible so it should be pretty user friendly. Just hope you guys find it useful and also hope it's a positive for MX-Bikes in general!

Please note: Be patient with the upload, it's not as easy as I thought to implement a progress bar so we're currently stuck with a spinner to indicate the upload process IS working. Skins shouldn't be a problem, bu if uploading a track give it some time. In tests, uploading something roughly 130mb took about 4 - 5 minutes.

If anyone spots anything that isn't working, or something odd looking please tell us - It's in early stages and so far has only been tested by 2 people (albeit very thoroughly).

Currently the site only supports the uploading of tracks and skins. Models will come soon, but until some are made it's hard to judge how to structure things. If anyone has any suggestions of what they want to see added category wise just say, feedback will be welcomed..

The site is currently run by myself and Gdub. just wanted to say a big thanks to him for all his input during the design process and his continued support and contributions.

Lastly, please read the site rules and the FAQ (found in the stickied 'Welcome' news article and also in the footer). Please consider others when using the site and try and play by the rules, as if it's abused it will be taken down. I made this in my spare time because of the love I have for MX-Bikes and because I want to see it do well and encourage community involvement..

Enjoy  8)

thisisdef

Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

GDUBMX

Fat's is the main man behind it all. I merely helped choose colours lol :D
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Mace-x

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

𝖙𝖋𝖈

No problem just hope people find it useful :)

GDUBMX

We've added so extra ways which most content sites haven't done yet, just so you can keep up to date with the latest uploads. We've made a Tumblr page as well as a Steam group for all steam users. Its just other avenues in which you can see new tracks or skins which appeal to you without the need to keep checking the site itself.

Here's our Steam group : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mxbcentral
Here's our Tumblr page : mxbcentral.tumblr.com

thisisdef

I wish PiBoSo would put MXB on Steam  :o

So much more content would be rolling right now
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

ChrisK

GDUBMX

Quote from: geofanatec on May 03, 2015, 09:32:05 PM
Quote from: thisisdef on May 03, 2015, 07:20:23 PM
I wish PiBoSo would put MXB on Steam  :o

So much more content would be rolling right now

man i wish i could model, be nice just to ride a jap bike or even a 125! :D

You do realize just 1 (good) track takes at least 3-4 weeks

A great track takes months!

Skins are quick, but still tedious

Edit: and getting a bike model in is a way different story

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: geofanatec on May 03, 2015, 09:47:01 PM
We need a community ;)

Absolutely right!

Couple of updates to www.mxb-central.com.

Added email notification functionality: When we approve your upload (if in first 3) or when your upload is complete, you'll receive a notification.
Fixed upload status: Dialog appears when uploading to let you know it's working as it should, and not to leave the page.
Tutorials section: Big thanks to Gdub for his contributions and in turn HornetMaX. This one will grow over time.

RedChainsaw3

May 06, 2015, 06:53:35 PM #11 Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:04:09 PM by RedChainsaw
Great job guys! It's awesome!

I think you should be able to download stuff without having to register and if you want to upload then you must register.
A lot of people won't want to register just to download a skin and you will lose a lot of potential users.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks, but unfortunately that won't change. I was toying with the idea of having it open to non members but there are too many reasons why this way is better all round. I don't mind going into detail if you want..

Plus, registration is free, and I wrote the register form with the idea that signing up should be a quick and minimal process..

RedChainsaw3

I just want the best for you guys and for the community and I though it would have been better to have it open to everyone but I don't mind if it stays like that.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I completely agree, it's just not always that simple  ;D

Thanks though, hope it works out in the long run!