• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:51:41 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta3

Started by PiBoSo, April 30, 2015, 11:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Quote from: RFX_corentin_12 on May 04, 2015, 07:15:41 PM
WHY I CAN'T FUKING PLAY ONLINE? I'M STILL BLOCKED ON THE CONNECTED... SCREEN

you were online then if your name is Corentin Julian, you just gotta wait ages.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

RFX_corentin_12

Yeah, i wait more than 5 minutes, but i still blocked on the screen, and my friend tell me told that brand chat I disconnect while I'm never happen on the server..

PS: Sorry for bad english..

ChrisK

RFX_corentin_12

May 04, 2015, 09:05:57 PM #108 Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:10:57 PM by RFX_corentin_12
Shitty game. I pass 3h for found the problem for i can connect, and now i can connect on server, my game crash, again, again and again. MXS is definitely better.

PS: I have no track, no skins.

iceberg

next time take the time to understand why instead of crying....

I noticed also some crashed this afternoon only on online and on the MXB central serv, when i host mine it's fine.
Game seems slower btw.

Corentin apprends a comprendre pourquoi ca bug.

PiBoSo

Quote from: RFX_corentin_12 on May 04, 2015, 09:05:57 PM
Shitty game. I pass 3h for found the problem for i can connect, and now i can connect on server, my game crash, again, again and again. MXS is definitely better.

Please note that MX Bikes is flawed because it's under heavy development.
For the next release the focus will be on physics and netcode.

ChrisK

new: automatic brake on slopes

what does that mean?

GDUBMX

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 04, 2015, 09:21:46 PM
Quote from: RFX_corentin_12 on May 04, 2015, 09:05:57 PM

Please note that MX Bikes is flawed because it's under heavy development.
For the next release the focus will be on physics and netcode.

Awesome to hear Piboso. Don't take anything to heart, I personally think beta 3 has made some serious strides. What's the plan with the 2 stroke Piboso?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Docfumi

Quote from: ChrisK on May 04, 2015, 10:28:34 PM
new: automatic brake on slopes

what does that mean?

If you stop on a hill the bike does not roll backwards.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

ChrisK

KITZTER

game just got a lot harder with ruts.

I think for the physics it may help accelerate development if you can get this game to handle a replica sx track (NOT SCALED to 150% LIKE OTHER GAMES)without eating shit over every jump. There is really not a lot of control coming off jumps unless you hit them straight on. Its too unpredictable.

Piboso what is your vision for the final version of this game? Is it full sim or are you going to try and get it to replicate the pro level mx and sx? Just curious as to where you are headed.

keep up the good work! 

PiBoSo

Quote from: KITZTER on May 05, 2015, 12:21:28 AM

I think for the physics it may help accelerate development if you can get this game to handle a replica sx track (NOT SCALED to 150% LIKE OTHER GAMES)without eating shit over every jump. There is really not a lot of control coming off jumps unless you hit them straight on. Its too unpredictable.

Piboso what is your vision for the final version of this game? Is it full sim or are you going to try and get it to replicate the pro level mx and sx? Just curious as to where you are headed.

keep up the good work!

A real scale SX track has been tested

The vision is:
- keep improving physics to make it more realistic ( especially suspensions and tyres )
- improve the virtual rider
- add optional helpers to make the simulator more accessible
- add the possibility of helpers for those that prefer direct steer control

What is "the pro level mx and sx"?

KITZTER

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 05, 2015, 12:47:14 AM
Quote from: KITZTER on May 05, 2015, 12:21:28 AM

keep up the good work!

A real scale SX track has been tested

The vision is:
- keep improving physics to make it more realistic ( especially suspensions and tyres )

What is "the pro level mx and sx"?

Yeah that wasnt very clear. I guess what im asking is are you going for a feel of pro motocross and supercross with tight racing and high skill maneuvers with reasonable effort? Or is it going to be similar to mx sim where its very difficult to even get around the track without investing a great deal of time and effort into bike setup and practice?

Based on your response Im guessing some where in between with help for people new to the game.

Phathry25

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 05, 2015, 12:47:14 AMThe vision is:

teeds

Some features of the game are coming on well and great to see the deformation although the bike has real trouble tracking ruts especially on jump faces. The bike handling on non rutted terrain seems better, on take off the bike seems to hold the line upright more rather than start a horizontal or vertical spin. Having said that the general front end stability/traction seems reduced in B3 compared to B2.
Also had no black chat or bikes stuck unable to reset, fixed it seems, thanks.

But the biggest problem with B3 is the crashing online, we really need this fixed. So many get a crash over and over and the only fix seems to be restarting the dedicated server, but this is not a guarantee that all will then be able to get in without problems (but those with crashes constantly can often then play for hours sometimes if they join just after a restart). Would be good if we had more than one server to test with TBH, hate testing like this with no control. As things stand it seems when people join, the longer it's been since the sever was restarted the less chance players have of getting in without the game crashing about 1 min after joining. During the one min you can do anything, ride, chat or whatever but after 1 min crash to desktop, mxbikes.exe has crashed.
If there's any kind of change to settings on a server that might help please shout and we'll test it.
Is there anyway to stop the deformation online at all to see if that is causing the crashes?
And has anyone tried saving the deformed terrain in testing and loaded it up again without issue?

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba