• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:44:41 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, October 01, 2014, 11:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExistentialEgg

October 08, 2014, 04:04:24 PM #15 Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:57:44 PM by ExistentialEgg
Quote from: HornetMaX on October 08, 2014, 08:41:41 AM
Can you provide a concrete example on how you'd use this ?

MaX.

Anytime I switch to 3rd person (in lieu of the helmet issue I mentioned). Caps Lock feels more like the configuration screen so it wouldn't be ideal if you merely wanted to disable the things you had chosen to be on the screen quickly. I was just curious if it would be possible to push Scroll Lock (as an example) and it toggles off and on the widgets you had configured via Caps Lock.

Or sometimes I want to know where I am on the track as far as the finish line but I don't want all that info on the screen the whole time because I enjoy the full immersion of an empty hud. So, I could tap Scroll Lock to get a quick peek at the track map.

And also if I wanted to take a quick screenshot. Instead of needing to go in and toggle each element off I could hit one key that hides my plugin layout.

I guess I'm the only person who would like that feature, idk. If possible I would definitely love if there was a way for the helmet to not show up in 3rd person (not sure if that info gets passed to the plugin).
------------------------------------------------------------
artist, gamer, youtuber, bipedal organism, and observant fool.

HornetMaX

Quote from: ExistentialEgg on October 08, 2014, 04:04:24 PM
Anytime I switch to 3rd person (in lieu of the helmet issue I mentioned). Caps Lock feels more like the configuration screen so it wouldn't be ideal if you merely wanted to disable the things you had chosen to be on the screen quickly. I was just curious if it would be possible to push Scroll Lock (as an example) and it toggles off and on the widgets you had configured via Caps Lock.

Or sometimes I want to know where I am on the track as far as the finish line but I don't want all that info on the screen the whole time because I enjoy the full immersion of an empty hud. So, I could tap Scroll Lock to get a quick peek at the track map.

And also if I wanted to take a quick screenshot. Instead of needing to go in and toggle each element off I could hit one key that hides my plugin layout.

I guess I'm the only person who would like that feature, idk. If possible I would definitely love if there was a way for the helmet to not show up in 3rd person (not sure if that info gets passed to the plugin).
Well, switching view (rider view --> 3rd person) is not something you're supposed to do frequently, so I don't see the justification there (and no, the plugin does not know if you're using rider view as the info is not passed).

The other use case (quick glance at some info) may make more sense, but I may have to figure out something smarter than the "scroll lock" trick.
I note this down somewhere in my todo list, in case.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Yeah its a pretty good idea actually.. Being able to toggle on/off each widget quickly.. Especially online!

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 08, 2014, 09:55:28 PM
Yeah its a pretty good idea actually.. Being able to toggle on/off each widget quickly.. Especially online!
The problem is that you'd need a bunch of keys for that (and possibly keys that do not interfere with keys typically used for MXB/GPB/WRS/KRP).

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Thats true.. I only tend to use the split sector times so its not a problem for me to be honest..

Does your telemetry work for mxbikes?

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 08, 2014, 10:56:40 PM
Does your telemetry work for mxbikes?
It's not hard to make it work for MXB, but I was wondering if there's a real audience for that. Already in GPB it has few users, here in MXB it's likely to have even less. And to be honest I don't even know if you have telemetry on real MX bikes.

MaX.

arnzzz

This is a fantastic plugin :)

Makes hotlapping, so much more enjoyable being able to see proper time readouts.

HornetMaX

v1.9.5 out:

• Update for KRP beta12 (no changes for GPB, MXB and WRS).

MaX.

teeds

This pukka plugin still works well in beta3, cheers for it Max.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on May 05, 2015, 12:06:49 PM
This pukka plugin still works well in beta3, cheers for it Max.
That's thanks to the exceptionally smart design of my code. And to the fact that there was no plugin interface change between beta2 and beta3, too :)

MaX.

HornetMaX

v1.9.6 out:

• New helmet for MXB, thanks to TheFatController (MXB forum).
  • When pit limiter is used (GPB and WRS only), the gear indicator now turns into a 'L' and the input bar for throttle changes shape (davidboda46 suggestion).
  • Fixed the documentation.

MaX.

HornetMaX

v1.9.7 out:

• Changes for WRS beta6 (no changes for GPB, KRP and MXB).

MaX.

HornetMaX

July 04, 2015, 04:54:54 PM #27 Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:58:07 AM by HornetMaX
v1.9.8 out:

• Shows steering in Inputs widget.
  • New widget to show joypad output.
  • Other minor changes.

IMPORTANT:

• It will erase your current config for the plugin: you'll have to manually reconfigure it (options and widget positions).
  • To use the steering and the new widget showing the joypad output you have to select the input device and the appropriate axes. Read the .pdf manual.
  • The joypad widget shows the triggers as combined (even if you're using XInput). I know, it sucks a bit, bit I'm not going to spend too much time on that.

MaX.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks MaX, and thanks for adding the helmet :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on July 04, 2015, 07:13:12 PM
Thanks MaX, and thanks for adding the helmet :)
Thanks to you for sharing it with us all !

MaX.