• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:56:11 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta3

Started by PiBoSo, April 30, 2015, 11:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Agreed on the biggest problem there.. Any update on this PiBoSo? I'm guessing we won't have to wait until Beta 4 for a fix (hoping anyway, I'm really missing the online!)

As to the rest, it does still feel like there's way too much stability on the front and not the rear, but I also think that's improved since B2. Looking forward to seeing what happens in B4!

I haven't tried saving deformed terrain, but I would be interested to know if that's dependent on a compile (i.e, if you recompile the track with different surface thickness can you still load the deformation from a previous compile)

teeds

Quote from: TheFatController on May 05, 2015, 12:25:41 PM
I haven't tried saving deformed terrain, but I would be interested to know if that's dependent on a compile (i.e, if you recompile the track with different surface thickness can you still load the deformation from a previous compile)

Was talking about this Fats http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=687.0 If people load a deformed terrain file I wonder if returning to the track in that state will cause crashes similar to online.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

daffernn

What i noticed while playing is just really the front end problem, its really noticeable on maryland on the 180 corners when you go up the hill to the inside over the bump my front end just kind of digs in and bounces me around it also happened on the downhill the front end seems to just bounce you and i think that might be the reason on why if you dont land perfectly upright it kind of just washes from under you. the rest seems ok maybe with the front end fix we could start getting the back end around. ALSO i feel like the bike is just alittle too fast now since in second gear on the 350 i can over jump everything by a large distance. Great work on everything else the game is really coming along and im really enjoying it!

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on May 05, 2015, 12:25:41 PM
Agreed on the biggest problem there.. Any update on this PiBoSo? I'm guessing we won't have to wait until Beta 4 for a fix (hoping anyway, I'm really missing the online!)

Netcode is a big task, so unfortunately a quick fix is not possible.
The source of the problems is still unknown.
The only positive aspect is that the crashes are shared among all projects, so this might help debug.

Docfumi

What is DST and where do I find it?
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

rc4187

Been working on the supercross track and the good news is the new physics work way better with it. Whoops are a breeze and the rhythm sections are much easier. I've been able to do different rhythms and get going much better from low speeds. Cornering for me is harder now. But may just be something I need to get more used to.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sweet RC! Hit me up on Steam if you need a tester  8)

Jamieke22

Hey fats!
whats your steam name?

Mace-x

Mace-x

May 06, 2015, 01:54:21 AM #129 Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:47:49 AM by Mace-x
Been playing more, i really enjoy it, the physics feel more dinamic, i will list what´s killing it for me:

1-dirt has weird rebound, it feels like bouyancy, the tyre trespasses the dirt and then gets ejected, no matter the suspension setting the tire is not making correct collisions with the ground.(i can provide example video if needed)

2-bike front still washes out fairly easy, as you cant really push the bike too much because the front tire will wash out the rear tyre wont slide, giving that weird rails sensation, this is an improvement over b2 tho, might be a harder packed terrain causing both lack of front grip and bouyancy? noticed that rainy conditions are so much better imo! at least in therms of front/back end feeling.

3- it happened a good amount of times that i land straight and suddenly my bike falls to the side, as if you let it fall dead, it´s so weird.

4- front wheel should align forward/straight automatically at landing, a lot of times i cant match my trajectory with my wheel direction, hence i fall.

that´s what i can think of, hope it helps!  ;D

Btw, will we see more frequent updates? or we will have to wait for about 4 months to b4? thanks! :D

Edit:

Some other stuff:

In air has been improved, cant wait how it performs on bigger jumps, mostly due the correct rear leaning, bike weight and i think rider is a little stronger now, cant be sure tho. :D

HornetMaX

Me too I think rebound is a bit strange, landings seem to be often very very bouncy, no matter the suspensions' settings.

@geo: releases with a, b, c (eg. beta6b) are releases typically addressing newly introduced severe bugs for which the solution is trivial. For GPB usually they come in the first few days after the release of the beta. Anything else is a new beta (at least that's what happened in the past for GPB, KRP).

MaX.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

The suspension to me feels great, feels a lot better than b2 which after playing 3 seemed like it was way too stiff.. Reminds me now of how the pre alpha vids were, which I always thought looked more realistic than b2.

Finding the ability to land front wheel first slightly a godsend in some situations.

Plus from playing and watching, the rider seems to absorb a lot of the impacts too which is a massive improvement if it's the case. If so maybe it's possible to change how much work he does?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Mace-x on May 06, 2015, 01:54:21 AM
1-dirt has weird rebound, it feels like bouyancy, the tyre trespasses the dirt and then gets ejected, no matter the suspension setting the tire is not making correct collisions with the ground.(i can provide example video if needed)

A video would be useful, thank you.

Btw, will we see more frequent updates? or we will have to wait for about 4 months to b4? thanks! :D

Beta3 took a long time because dynamic terrain deformation and wet layers support were added.
This also required a redesign of the file formats and track tools.
Beta4 will probably take a while, too, because the netcode needs a lot of work.
You can expect more frequent updates in the future.

7HUND3R

Hello, I have license pro kart racing, gp bikes, world racing. I better leave some of these for mx bikes?

bearded4glory

I think B3 is a great improvement from when I last played it in B1.  One thing that is bugging me is that if I hold the stick at a constant position and then go from flat ground to a berm all of a sudden the rider leans way more.  It is very unpredictable, it feels like it is based on the angle of the ground instead of from vertical.

Excited that you may work on some aids for Hardcore mode, personally that is how I would like to play.