• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:44:01 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta3

Started by PiBoSo, April 30, 2015, 11:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

hm  10% works best for me

Maatth4

Mace-x

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 06, 2015, 12:57:31 PM
Quote from: Mace-x on May 06, 2015, 01:54:21 AM
1-dirt has weird rebound, it feels like bouyancy, the tyre trespasses the dirt and then gets ejected, no matter the suspension setting the tire is not making correct collisions with the ground.(i can provide example video if needed)

A video would be useful, thank you.

Btw, will we see more frequent updates? or we will have to wait for about 4 months to b4? thanks! :D

Beta3 took a long time because dynamic terrain deformation and wet layers support were added.
This also required a redesign of the file formats and track tools.
Beta4 will probably take a while, too, because the netcode needs a lot of work.
You can expect more frequent updates in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/v/Qe2vqoTK0gQ

Watch this gameplay, i often get launched off the bike with a weird bounce on landings, i´m uploading another replay/closer view video of various weird situations.

Mace-x

Here we are, hope it helps!
it´s kind of an edit tho, i dont want you to fall asleep while watching xD

https://www.youtube.com/v/fCZ9yFsTrYA

shanebell618

At 1:13 that shit happens to me alllll the time  >:(

JohnnyMac

Maybe front wheel is digging too much?

MUD

Have you tried increasing your rebound on your suspension?

RedChainsaw3

Yep I also get this strange rebound. The bike seems to flip to the side for no reason when the front wheel is just above the ground with a slight angle.

MUD

If I remember right, if that happens, if the bikes falling to the left like that Turn right and lean left and lean back - and when the bikes falling to the right Turn left and lean right and lean back.

When it happens I usually get in to a 'whiskey-throttle tank-slapper' situation where I constantly have to make corrections and let off the throttle a bit until it's stable again.

The key thing to remember in a situation like this (or most for that matter) is to try and keep your weight centered over the bike.

By no means am I a fast rider but I do manage to try and minimize my mistakes, which are costly as far as lap times are concerned.

Mace-x

So Piboso, had a chance to look at the video?
what are the plans for b4?

Cheers!  ;D

PiBoSo

Quote from: Mace-x on May 26, 2015, 02:38:18 AM
So Piboso, had a chance to look at the video?
what are the plans for b4?

Cheers!  ;D

Thank you for the video.
Plans for Beta4 are, of course, to try and solve as many issues as possible.

REDRUM

Hi, I haven't messed with MXB for a while now (skipped beta2).

In beta3 I am wondering if the terrain deformation should be in realtime or delayed? Currently, on my rig the terrain deformation is delayed by up to ~10s.. this is with deformation set to any multiplier from 1-20.

If it is normal at current, that's fine I was simply curious, the bouncy bizzo as mentioned in prior posts is a little frustrating but so far everything is feeling really good! :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: REDRUM on May 27, 2015, 10:34:18 AM
Hi, I haven't messed with MXB for a while now (skipped beta2).

In beta3 I am wondering if the terrain deformation should be in realtime or delayed? Currently, on my rig the terrain deformation is delayed by up to ~10s.. this is with deformation set to any multiplier from 1-20.

If it is normal at current, that's fine I was simply curious, the bouncy bizzo as mentioned in prior posts is a little frustrating but so far everything is feeling really good! :)

Deformation is delayed a few seconds.
It would be possible to have it in realtime, but it would generate too much data in multiplayer.
So changes are buffered.

Tmax94

I found a little problem In the pits, it is normal that the handlebars of the bike turns only on one side and not the other ?

Tmax94

How to add the smoke out of the exhaust ?