• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:28:17 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Models import

Started by GDUBMX, October 29, 2015, 11:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc4187

It's ok... the texture map is really sloppy. I got a little impatient to be honest. I need to go back and make it nice and clean if people are going to make their own skins for it.
I don't need money for it. I did it to learn the process. There are definitely things I would do differently if I were to start over on the model. It's still got a long ways to go to be called finished.

rc4187

It's close. I took some 2 stroke sounds from a bike in gp bikes. Not sure if that's ok or not. It's not quite a perfect sound, but it works for now. I made a 125 engine using a dyno chart online for reference. Definitely rides like a 2 stroke. I find myself double clutching out of corners before jumps to keep the power in the sweet spot. Need to make my own wheels for it instead of using the stock ones.

If someone could help me figure out the dirt model (make bike dirty) and the shadows model... that would be cool.
Other than that... It's pretty much there (I think).

teeds

Impressive stuff aos, really great to see this.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Mace-x

looking sweet, the smoothing groups are weird, what program are you working on?

When that weird shading happened in mxsim edge split helped solving the issue, or normal maps, both ways worked.

Snappe

This is excellent! I agree about the smoothing groups, it looks like some parts are completely smoothed. Also some parts look like they have the normals inverted? Like it's being lit from underneath. Not sure what is the cause, though.
For the shadow model, it should be lod3 untextured.
If you want to try it, this is the shd used on the 350xf:

livery.shd

specular
{
shininess = 30
map = livery_s.tga
}

reflection
{
factormin = 0
factormax = 0.6
factorexp = 1.5
map = livery_r.tga
}

PiBoSo

Quote from: rc4187 on November 10, 2015, 05:33:15 AM
It's close. I took some 2 stroke sounds from a bike in gp bikes. Not sure if that's ok or not. It's not quite a perfect sound, but it works for now. I made a 125 engine using a dyno chart online for reference. Definitely rides like a 2 stroke. I find myself double clutching out of corners before jumps to keep the power in the sweet spot. Need to make my own wheels for it instead of using the stock ones.

If someone could help me figure out the dirt model (make bike dirty) and the shadows model... that would be cool.
Other than that... It's pretty much there (I think).

A LYR file must be created to apply dirt to a texture, in the same folder and with the same filename.
Example:
Content of livery.lyr for livery.tga:

numlayers=1
layer1
{
numframes = 3
frame0=mud/livery_mud1.tga
frame1=mud/livery_mud2.tga
frame2=mud/livery_mud3.tga
}

Three levels of dirt are needed.

Please note that the dirt texures, as usual, must have power of 2 sizes.

rc4187

Thanks guys! I got the spec map and shadows working now. Just need to do some wheels and add the dirt maps.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

That's looking great RC! Can't wait :D

Tristanmx

Awesome !!!!!!! You will release it or it's just for you ? :)

Wedgewood

I'd love to give this bike a try

Snappe

Speaking of wheels, would it make sense to have wheel paint separately selectable from the bike choose screen? Then you could use the default wheels model...?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Snappe on November 11, 2015, 03:43:08 PM
Speaking of wheels, would it make sense to have wheel paint separately selectable from the bike choose screen? Then you could use the default wheels model...?

If that's a general suggestion for MXB including the default bikes then +1 from me, sounds like a neat idea.

GDUBMX

+1 sounds awesome. Plus Piboso said he'll add my idea of having a bike wash option in the pits, that way our bikes stay dirty unless we decide to clean them. Currently each time you return to pits you get a fresh bike again.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Mace-x

rc4187

Quote from: Snappe on November 11, 2015, 03:43:08 PM

That would be great