• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:16:56 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Guitars anyone?

Started by Mace-x, December 24, 2015, 03:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

Hi guys, are there any guitar guys out here?

I had an ibanez gio basic, then bought a ibanez grg 270, that sounded great! but sold it  :(
now i´m wanting to buy a guitar again and was thinking of a Epiphone les paul special II with bigsby, or something like it, any recomendations?

Rock on!  ;D

GDUBMX

I think geo said he plays guitar or is definitely part of a band. I play the turntables myself and dabble with cubase. I am super partial to my share of alt metal and stuff tho \m/
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Haven't played in years but still have my esp, Ibanez bass and fender 12 string acoustic and a full drum kit in the garage.. Electronic music took over for me years ago and keep meaning to sell all my stuff but just can't let it go!

RiccoChicco

@Mace

It depends on your music style, or moreover, your budget. Not a huge fan of LP Special, but Bigsby vibratos are great. I'm personnally moving to a Telecaster Baja quite soon  8)

Quote from: gdubmx on December 24, 2015, 12:31:29 PM
I play the turntables myself and dabble with cubase.

Damn, a Cubase user! Evil!  ;D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: RiccoChicco on December 24, 2015, 03:19:05 PM

Haha +1.. Logic / Pro Tools all the way  8)

GDUBMX

Quote from: RiccoChicco on December 24, 2015, 03:19:05 PM
@Mace

It depends on your music style, or moreover, your budget. Not a huge fan of LP Special, but Bigsby vibratos are great. I'm personnally moving to a Telecaster Baja quite soon  8)

Quote from: gdubmx on December 24, 2015, 12:31:29 PM
I play the turntables myself and dabble with cubase.

lol im not a mac user so sadly cant get logic that im aware of anyway, plus.. ive made some bangers using it haha
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

RiccoChicco

Quote from: gdubmx on December 24, 2015, 07:12:47 PM
lol im not a mac user so sadly cant get logic that im aware of anyway, plus.. ive made some bangers using it haha

Quote from: TheFatController on December 24, 2015, 03:26:12 PM
Haha +1.. Logic / Pro Tools all the way  8)

So we are all in 3 different teams :P I used Logic Pro few years ago, but today I'm on FL + Ableton. I just started to take a look at Reason, apparently one of the best (but one of the harddest to learn  ;D )

About guitars, if you have a low budget (<500$), take a look at Greg Bennett. Those guitars are built in Gibson factories, have a very nice "touch" and sound great for half the price of the same guitar with the Epiphone logo. I have one (a LP-like) and it's probably my favorite in my collection. The body is great and it has 2 good Seymour Duncan pickups. It doesn't have a vibrato though.

Ruubs

I need some help choosing a guitar.

I'm new to all of this. I've done a lot of research, and now I know what kind of guitar I want. I want a Western acoustic dreadnought guitar, but I need some help choosing one guitar.
Am I right that a concert body shaped guitar is better for finger picking than a dreadnought? And a dreadnought better for strumming? I want to strum more often than finger picking, but I'm not sure if this is true or false.

My budget is quite low (€100,- ish) but I've found some very interesting guitars.
Ibanez V50NJP-NT (Can't find a lot of information about this guitar, but it looks and sounds good)
Squier SA-105 (I don't like the black backside, so I'm not sure if I want it, but as far as I know it's a good guitar for a low price)
Epiphone DR-100 (I really like the look and sound on this one)

Thanks in advance guys!

Asdrael

Just saw this topic by messing up search between websites :D

I have a couple of guitars.
Ibanezes mostly: RG 7620, RG 2027XXV, Universe (2008 version), SZ520QM. As well as a custom 7 strings Skervesen.

As far as amps go, I have a VHT Delivrance 60 and a Fryette Sig:X running to either a 2x12 V30 cab or a 1x12 VHT cab.

I wont list all pedals but I currently have on my pedalboard a Jemini, a Boss NS2, Hall of Fame TC Electronics, a cheap delay and a Pitchblack tuner.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Braap570

Im more the Acoustic guy.  I own a cort guitar writing some Songs and stuff :)

Mace-x

Quote from: Asdrael on September 10, 2016, 03:36:33 PM
Just saw this topic by messing up search between websites :D

I have a couple of guitars.
Ibanezes mostly: RG 7620, RG 2027XXV, Universe (2008 version), SZ520QM. As well as a custom 7 strings Skervesen.

As far as amps go, I have a VHT Delivrance 60 and a Fryette Sig:X running to either a 2x12 V30 cab or a 1x12 VHT cab.

I wont list all pedals but I currently have on my pedalboard a Jemini, a Boss NS2, Hall of Fame TC Electronics, a cheap delay and a Pitchblack tuner.

Woah! a lot of guitars!  :o
ibanez has great sound love them!

Quote from: Braap570 on September 11, 2016, 07:55:41 PM
Im more the Acoustic guy.  I own a cort guitar writing some Songs and stuff :)

I recently bought a cort cr200, wasnt sure about the quality but is superb!

PizzaChet

Old metal head here! Rhythm guitar in an Iron Maiden cover band in high school and dabbled ever since. Got 2 acoustics (Ovation and Suzuki) and 2 electrics (Yamaha Strat and Fender Squire Strat) and a couple keyboards (DX7, DX27 and EP7). All of those were given to me or opportune purchases, I want an Ibanez Jem. I learn a new song here and there. Here I am around 19 years old with a Boss Distortion plugged into dad's stereo lol RIP....

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Asdrael

Quote from: PizzaChet on September 12, 2016, 04:12:10 PM
Old metal head here! Rhythm guitar in an Iron Maiden cover band in high school

Every time I hear "Iron Maiden" i feel like I have to mention that Run to the Hills has probably the worse Crash cymbal sound I have ever heard. Ever.

Nice haircut on the pic though, gotta love been a teen ;)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

I have a couple guitars.. fender and a shector (c-1 elite) also bass and keyboard..

I use a BOSS loop station and a BOSS multi effect pedal bc I like to do the keller williams style..play all the instruments in one session lol.  BOSS loop station is amazeballs for turning a one man show into an orchestra!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

Can anyone help me out?
I've been practicing guitar lately but I feel like I'll never get decent at all. Nothing works for me and I'm close to raging while playing my guitar.

I have an Epiphone dr-100. A beginner acoustic guitar. I've never touched a guitar before so I started from scratch. I bought it a while ago. I played it a couple of weeks but then left it standing in my room. My excuse was because I didn't have a good plectrum :-[

Anyway, I got 20 plectrums from my parents on my birthday. Soft and hard ones. I was actually very happy with this present because every plectrum feels different and I definitly have my favourite ones. I play with a 60mm soft one now and I like it. I've been following Andy Guitar's beginners tutorials on youtube. I'm at level 3 now, but I'm not progressing a single bit!

Currently trying to get this chord sequence 1 under my belt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMJRKQNRg80&index=22&list=PL-RYb_OMw7GfG6MS0WBO1v2qvtomUkZci

I almost got it with the 4 beat strumming. The 8 beat strumming is very hard IMO. Been trying the 4 beat strumming for several days now, I think even close to a week. I tried one of the songs from this tutorial level today. The song I tried today was Cheerleader - Omi (http://www.andyguitar.co.uk/online-lessons/cheerleader-omi/). Couldn't get it to work at all. Strings not ringing out or guitar buzzing (the buzzing is probably also caused my my beginners guitar tho). I can't get the chord changes fluent at all. I've to look at my left hand and really think about where my fingers have to go next. I also tend to place my fingers in the middle of the fret instead of the closest to the fret bar. I feel like my hands are too small at times, but that probably isn't the case either..

I absolutely LOVE playing my guitar and I can't wait to play some proper songs without many mistakes. In level 4 of Andy's tutorials there are songs from Bruno Mars and Ed Sheeran which I'm really looking forward to. Yet, I can't get there because I want to finish level 3 first.

Can anyone help me out? What am I doing wrong? How can I improve? What should I do?