• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:30:08 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta4

Started by PiBoSo, March 01, 2016, 12:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

That's why I've put the *if* part :)

TDH263

Does anyone else find that everybody online is very jumpy and laggy? May just be an early stages thing which is fine, just want to make sure it's not just me, games defiantly heading in the right direction

Joe

Had a chance to do some online laps last night, it seems a bit laggy but maybe that was just because I was connection to an over seas server? Has anyone else has these issues?

Motocross gaming News, Media, Tutorials, and Reviews at http://www.mxgaminghub.com

teeds

Still one very obvious nagging problem to address before the masses would be happy with this, no prizes for guessing what it is.

Piboso, do we have server options for online deformation and collisions? If nothing has changed on the terrain front for online then it's probably best left off but the collisions would be good to have if possible. Hopefully a dedi documentation update is on they way  :)
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

GDUBMX

Quote from: TheFatController on March 02, 2016, 10:44:40 AM
I'd love to see MXB on Steam but I do think deformation needs to work online or be limited to offline mode. If it was available through steam but online didn't work without disabling a feature it would be a killer.
Agreed.
Just gotta make s suggestion for everyone here if you haven't tried it already, I had the most fun I've ever had on this game to date by doing this for 20 mins this morning.
250as on forest raceway in the rain! Man what fun, traction off with 35 per cent stab on. Man I can't wait to get another chance to play again hahaha.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

arnzzz

how is everyone finding the final downhill section on Forest?

I am struggling with it, mainly taking off the first jump on the right hand side of the track and not being able to get enough distance to land it.

I have cleared it and landed probably 5 times, but its hard, and I dont know what im doing in the bike setup enough to change the ratios to get extra speed when i need it most for this jump.

Ive come to the conclusion, my hang up is the fact im using auto gears so I dont have enough control when i most need it.

also im just not very good ;)

any advice?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Auto gears are a killer.. I'm not coordinated enough to worry about using a clutch with my fingers so I use auto clutch but d-pad up and down for gears. You can really milk them which of course with auto you're probably getting into 3rd too early.

2nd gear on the 250xf and I overclear it. I've started scrubbing it slightly which helps!

Scuzzy285

im truly impressed this is incredible only thing i can say is the back end is great but when at a mid speed around corners flat or not it should slide alittle depending on th eamount of throttle and it dosent but i love it keep up the good work piboso
Aerial Racing Team

Maatth4

gdubmx, You saw the publication of Piboso for the circuit distortion and collisions on the server?

RedChainsaw3

March 02, 2016, 10:32:51 PM #99 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:40:14 PM by RedChainsaw
@arnzzz

I had exacly the same problem when playing with auto gears. In the corner the bike switches back to the 1st gear and when you accelerate again you lose all your momentum when it has to switch again the the 2nd gear. I think I only cleared it once with auto gears. The same problem happens when you actually clear the 1st jump. Bike switches back to first gear while in the air and when you accelerate for the 2nd jump it has to switch to 2nd gear again and you don't get enough speed. I play with manual gears now and stay in 2nd gear for this section and I clear it almost every time.

HornetMaX

arnzzz

Quote from: RedChainsaw on March 02, 2016, 10:32:51 PM
@arnzzz

I had exacly the same problem when playing with auto gears. In the corner the bike switches back to the 1st gear and when you accelerate again you lose all your momentum when it has to switch again the the 2nd gear. I think I only cleared it once with auto gears. The same problem happens when you actually clear the 1st jump. Bike switches back to first gear while in the air and when you accelerate for the 2nd jump it has to switch to 2nd gear again and you don't get enough speed. I play with manual gears now and stay in 2nd gear for this section and I clear it almost every time.

Ive never used manual, I have just tried and  I think its the way to go.

But Im having issues coordinating all my fingers on the controller lol. Ill persevere though as i can see the obvious benefits.

GDUBMX

Quote from: arnzzz on March 02, 2016, 10:47:52 PM
Quote from: RedChainsaw on March 02, 2016, 10:32:51 PM
@arnzzz

Ive never used manual, I have just tried and  I think its the way to go.

But Im having issues coordinating all my fingers on the controller lol. Ill persevere though as i can see the obvious benefits.

i use a 360 pad, Y= Upshift and B=Downshift. Manual is the only way to be consistent IMO, i hit that section in 2nd probably 3/4 throttle, once i take off i and upshift to 3rd midair then land wide open for the next jump. 250f that is.

@Maathh, you mean the WRS video? not too sure what you mean mate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Phathry25

arnzzz

Quote from: gdubmx on March 02, 2016, 11:46:55 PM

i use a 360 pad, Y= Upshift and B=Downshift. Manual is the only way to be consistent IMO, i hit that section in 2nd probably 3/4 throttle, once i take off i and upshift to 3rd midair then land wide open for the next jump. 250f that is.

Thanks, I tried the shifting into 3rd while in the air, and im clearing it every time now :)

Just have to spend some time using manual and ill be back on top again. Ive used auto for so long it feels so alien to me having to focus on gears lol