• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:54:37 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta4

Started by PiBoSo, March 01, 2016, 12:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox28

its hittable in auto but you have to be pretty spot on and pinned when you hit the landing of the first jump.  Can't overjump by much either or you'll fall into the same not enough speed problem

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Maatth4

Is that there are already servers with the deformations and collisions?

teeds

Quote from: Maatth4 on March 03, 2016, 11:33:34 AM
Is that there are already servers with the deformations and collisions?

Yes the www.mxb-central.com servers 2 and 3 were running collisions last night, they don't show now but i'm sure they'll be back soon.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Maatth4

Thanks teeds!
Awesome! I will play tonight!

Asdrael

March 03, 2016, 02:55:11 PM #110 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:57:35 PM by senensis
Actually having a lot of fun now. It is much smoother than B3 and gives this feeling that you are pushing it and nearing the limit when you try, and don't spontaneously fall for no reason. So great work on the physics, getting there.

A few comments and suggestions:
- The "chest" view has a lot of clipping.
- The multiplayer has bikes warping around a lot (even between 2 riders with <50 ping). Is there any position interpolation in the netcode? It seems different than MXGP for sure.
- Sometimes, the front wheel washes out and it's nearly impossible to get it back on. Not sure why and how.
- Some if not most tracks would benefit from better thought out reset points. Getting stuck on a hill / berm is still way too frequent.
- Said reset points should be on the SIDE of the track so it requires less buffer time between riders and for safety with collision mode.
- Might only be me but the chest view feels too low, and the top-of-helmet view too high (and nausea inducing...). Would it be possible to add a slider for "camera height" ?
- I understand the full-simulation approach, but given the limited amount of fingers and pad options, a no-lock option on the back break would be nice. It's very on/off right now and makes the back end way too lose.

A big thank you to the people running the servers too. Lots of fun there. Collision on and put MXB Club in the rotation too please  :P
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

moto28

Quote from: senensis on March 03, 2016, 02:55:11 PM

- I understand the full-simulation approach, but given the limited amount of fingers and pad options, a no-lock option on the back break would be nice. It's very on/off right now and makes the back end way too lose.

Unsure if i can answer your question in the full but there is a feature in the advanced options placement ( Right hand Side in the settings ) where you can adjust the speed/Percentage on said input. For example: My clutch is on a button, rather than my rider just going from 100% clutch to 0% i have adjusted it to go from 100% to 0% but with an easing affect. Probably slowing it down to roughly .300-500 of a second or so. Doing so prevents me from dumping the clutch. Same goes for my braking. Brakes lock up due to using too much of it all at once and doing it too fast. You can prevent this by adjusting in the settings: How much brake is applied, how fast the brake is applied, How fast it is released, etc. This is especially useful for people such as myself who have their brakes on a button rather than an Axis.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You can also use 'brake help' from the simulation menu, although I always prefer to get better and lighter with my fingers sometimes you just need a computer to do it for you lol..

Paradox28

bit the bullet and went to manual gears.....sooooo much better!

arnzzz

Quote from: Paradox28 on March 03, 2016, 08:58:33 PM
bit the bullet and went to manual gears.....sooooo much better!

same here, its made a HUGE difference.

arnzzz

I've never ridden a MX bike irl, or spent any time in MXsim.

and my setup for MXB has always been auto gears, with rider ALWAYS standing.

Ive gone to manual gears now, and this is a massive help, and ive also noticed the difference going from sitting to standing at the right time can massively help with jumps.

But I wanted to know when everyone else uses sitting? Is it in all the turns? do you shift weight backwards while sitting as well?

Having just moved to manual gears im struggling to feel the intricacies of using sitting and to notice when its really helping, other than the obvious which is to improve jumping.

Wedgewood

Quote from: arnzzz on March 03, 2016, 09:35:14 PM

Ive gone to manual gears now, and this is a massive help, and ive also noticed the difference going from sitting to standing at the right time can massively help with jumps.

But I wanted to know when everyone else uses sitting? Is it in all the turns? do you shift weight backwards while sitting as well?

Having just moved to manual gears im struggling to feel the intricacies of using sitting and to notice when its really helping, other than the obvious which is to improve jumping.

I find sitting down at the halfway point on a berm helps and I find I always have to lean backwards while sitting or I'll lose the front end.

Joe

I wish there was more of an indication when I am sitting or when I am dabing. Sometimes I don't know if I am dabbing or if I am actually sitting or standing, in third person this obviously wouldn't be an issue but in first it sure is!

Motocross gaming News, Media, Tutorials, and Reviews at http://www.mxgaminghub.com

Vortex_Damien

Quote from: wedgewood on March 03, 2016, 11:05:13 PM

I find sitting down at the halfway point on a berm helps and I find I always have to lean backwards while sitting or I'll lose the front end.

Yes riding like you would irl would help a ton, sit at the apex of the corner.. leaning backwards  hmm never had the problem to where i loose my front end on this update.. did prior updates but ride like you would attack a corner irl and you should see improvement in your cornering.. Lean Back, Brake, Sit at the apex of the corner, lean forward and gas it

GDUBMX

Sit for more traction, I sit at the start of corners for more rear end traction,you can sit before some jumps then stand just as you take off, thisSis called sear bouncing. Sitting is a must . I only really stand up through whoops,rough ground and jumping. The rest of the time you wanna be sitting for more traction, if your struggling with turning try sitting and leaning forward whilst turning for more grip and turning circle.
@joe really you wanna keep.it on auto dab, honestly I don't even bother with manual as the auto does a good enough job.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />