• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:25:54 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta4

Started by PiBoSo, March 01, 2016, 12:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

Beta 4 is really an huge improvement, thank you Piboso!!  (I would have been fine with beta 3 so this is just amazing!)

TRACK ISSUE: MX CLUB

There is fairly technical/long double on the backside of the track (parallel to the starting gate).. The left hand banking turn before the approach to this double seems to have some smoothing issues that I have not noticed before(beta 3) and/or anywhere else in beta 4.  It causes a lot of washouts and seems to cause the handlebar lock glitch that was so prevalent in b3. I really enjoy clearing that double one the 2-stroke but is really hard to not wash on the rough bank. Am I right or is this how it is suppose to be in this turn?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

1Twelve

Glad to see the game devolving! Hopefully I'll be playing this more and more when i rage over sim! ;D

Snappe

Quote from: BadStar on March 04, 2016, 02:35:56 AM
TRACK ISSUE: MX CLUB

Yes this is a bug, sorry! Will be fixed in the next beta.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

On the subject of tracks, you guys (not sure who designed it) have done a fantastic job on forest raceway. It really is a great hotlapper!

Snappe

Thanks, that was me  :)
I'm not completely happy with the final downhill jump section though. If you mess up it's a real pain. I might move the jumps a bit closer together, although other ideas are welcome!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I think it's just fine, yes if you mess it up it's a pain but your laptime is done then anyway, and it's so short it takes no time at all to get back to the start.

The main problem I have is getting the anchors on in time to get the inside line as I think if done right it could be faster given the last jump gets you more ground time.

GDUBMX

heres a quick mess with the wheels,chain and stand skins! awesome!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

teeds

Quote from: Snappe on March 04, 2016, 10:59:50 AM
I'm not completely happy with the final downhill jump section though. If you mess up it's a real pain. I might move the jumps a bit closer together, although other ideas are welcome!

Personally I like it, that section is doable but there's not much room for error. On the 250XF it's very hard with grunt alone but add some throttle control plus some back or forward lean at the right point and you can reliably clear that section. I enjoy these little track challenges myself  ;D
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Jibbz

Quote from: gdubmx on March 04, 2016, 12:05:25 PM

OMG looking so sick!! Pretty hyped  8) 8) 8)

teeds

Quote from: gdubmx on March 04, 2016, 12:05:25 PM

Very nice Gdub  ;D

Snappe

I see I made a mistake... The UVs are flipped on the left fork. How annoying... But if I fix it for the next release, all your paints will be ruined!

teeds

Bummer, the sooner the better then ;)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Nice, beta 4b on the table already :D

Wedgewood

I'm also a fan of that section, I've found an easy way to clear it on the 2 stroke is to use up the front sprocket to 15 teeth, this gives much more usable power and will jump a lot farther.  I hit the first jump in first gear pinned aiming my bike slightly to the right, shift in the air into second and clear the next 2 jumps in second gear.

Quote from: teeds on March 04, 2016, 12:15:08 PM
Quote from: Snappe on March 04, 2016, 10:59:50 AM

Personally I like it, that section is doable but there's not much room for error. On the 250XF it's very hard with grunt alone but add some throttle control plus some back or forward lean at the right point and you can reliably clear that section. I enjoy these little track challenges myself  ;D

RiccoChicco

After testing the new beta since few days I can resume my feelings by : AMAZING!

I finally manage to make a full lap without a fall on MX tracks (well, not always  ;D) because I have the feeling that the bike is more predictable in turns. The stability help is a good idea : newbies like me in MX will appreciate the fact that we don't fall every turn and hardcore can still put it at 0%. I would not be able to give a constructive feedback otherwise, because to be honnest I never really played MBX since I'm not a huge MX enthousiast, so my ~10 hours since few days are no representative compared to what I've been used to before  :-[ But that new beta will change the thing  :D

The new content is great : the 2 stroker is fun to ride and holy sh*t the supermoto is just perfect to me. The hangling is exactly what I've beend trying to get with GPB. I had two dreams about bike simulators : supermoto and Isle of Man. The first one is done, now you know what to do PiBoSo and Snappe!  :-* ;D

So again congratulations. I hope and I bet that this new beta will brings new users because you made something really impressive.