• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:59:37 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta4

Started by PiBoSo, March 01, 2016, 12:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I can do both but much prefer the spacial awareness of 3rd person. Also find it easier to judge when the bike is at it's limit.

BadStar

You definitely right about spacial awareness.. I just can't handle the turns well in 3rd.. wash/slide out much easier..once again, I'm fairly new to this sim so it may simply be that.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Paradox28

I come from automobile sim racing so 3rd person view is far too foreign to me.  I overcorrect and steer far too much with that sort of view in any sim so I stick to as close to 1st person as I can get.

PizzaChet

I've been playing a lot and it's a blast! Way more practice needed, lol. Today I was in offline testing mode on Enduro and I stopped and was AFK for a couple of minutes and when I came back, the second I started riding again it crashed and I got the following message...
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

GDUBMX

How's sales been piboso?  I've had 2 people tell me they have bought the game and 1 more tell me  he's  bought the game thanks to my beta 4 videos,  I've also had an extra 15 subscribers since its release. Plus my pitbike video has had loads of views already so pretty good news for mxb  I'd say.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

grimm

Quote from: gdubmx on March 10, 2016, 05:00:40 PM
How's sales been piboso?  I've had 2 people tell me they have bought the game and 1 more tell me  he's  bought the game thanks to my beta 4 videos,  I've also had an extra 15 subscribers since its release. Plus my pitbike video has had loads of views already so pretty good news for mxb  I'd say.

Indeed, I had a friend see my preview for the SM Bikes Pack and buy a copy instantly. He is hooked too, hasn't stopped talking about how fun it is. I'm curious how sales are doing as well. It seems every one of us that is big time into MXB has brought at least one or two people into it.  :)
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 13, 2017, 12:03:51 AM

GO GO Gadget positive attitude!

NorthEastMX

Cant wait to download this later today and give it a try..  The feed back looks GREAT !!   

BadStar

Yea Grimm.. I'm fairly new (beta 3) and since beta 4, I know I have attracted a few buyers :)
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

March 11, 2016, 02:46:55 AM #189 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:57:09 AM by BadStar
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

al167

Quote from: TheFatController on March 09, 2016, 12:21:53 PM
al, I don't agree that direct steering hardcore mode is necessary for whipping, just see my latest video in the vids topic..  Maybe try disabling auto dab if you have it on, as that caused problems for me on takeoff's..

ok I will try disabling dab!

TFC- there are many types of whips, it seems mxb is capable of only 1 type. some whips you need to steer away from the upramp(flat whip)  and others turndown style needs to steer the other way(this is mxb type). and scrubs......just cant be done.
How can you steer away from you with the bike leaned over when you only have lean control and the computer will only steer into the lean?

Heck this is a sim right?  why not full steering control?  mxs sold 20 000 copies.

teeds

What controls do people use in MXS to achieve these various in air moves?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Midbeck

Quote from: al167 on March 11, 2016, 11:06:12 AM
Quote from: TheFatController on March 09, 2016, 12:21:53 PM
al, I don't agree that direct steering hardcore mode is necessary for whipping, just see my latest video in the vids topic..  Maybe try disabling auto dab if you have it on, as that caused problems for me on takeoff's..

ok I will try disabling dab!

TFC- there are many types of whips, it seems mxb is capable of only 1 type. some whips you need to steer away from the upramp(flat whip)  and others turndown style needs to steer the other way(this is mxb type). and scrubs......just cant be done.
How can you steer away from you with the bike leaned over when you only have lean control and the computer will only steer into the lean?

Heck this is a sim right?  why not full steering control?  mxs sold 20 000 copies.
I agree that much can be done with the air physics still, but to say there is only one way to whip and that scrubbing is impossible is just ignorant and proves you haven't put enough time in to the game to learn how to do it. It took me a long time to get to level i was at in mxs, the first 3 weeks i had problems even getting around a supercross track. Also, Mxs has evolved over several years, if you compare the first version to this one it would be like two different games.

Give it time and stop comparing it to mxs.
#DirtyEuro

Scuzzy285

i really wish it would let me upload my pics i scrub almost everything and ive done various whips its all about how you move your fingers on the sticks just practice but  you will crash alot just a heads up
Aerial Racing Team

Vortex_Damien

I agree with kyle, this game offers a lot with air physics, while they may not be perfect you can still scrub and whip just like you can in Mx Sim. you can just expect to jump into the game and get it all down. sit down, learn the game and it will come naturally.