• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:34:18 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

How to import chest protector

Started by Patatrus, March 22, 2016, 10:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patatrus

Yo, it's possible to import a chest protector in the game?! What's the process if is possible ?!
Thanks for reply.

Vortex_Damien

I assume its just like any other model you import into the game.. set the location of it 0,0,0 and export .fbx.. convert it to edf.. might need to make a sub folder called protection no idea though.. I will look into it tonight for you

Patatrus

Finaly I have succeeded to import the model. This is a rider model exist for adjust the protection ?!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Good job mate!.. No, I don't think you can get hold of the rider model unfortunately. Hopefully PiBoSo will prove me wrong :)

StoneRider

hey patate did you send a message to piboso to have it ? may be he can understand or give you something with the form at least ?

Hey patate as tu envoyé un message a pib's ? il peut peut etre comprendre et t'envoyer le rider ou peut etre juste la forme du rider ?

Niko Mouk

Damn we got the potato in da place  :)  Good job amigo !
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

pacopastor34

The solution will be try and error remodeling it.

Rutjes

Quote from: pacopastor34 on April 04, 2016, 03:31:58 PM

Getting the model to fit will work without to much trial and error I think, but getting the skinning data (what vertices are attached to what "bone" and at what strength for animation) right would be un-doable I think?

2004 Honda CR125R
1984 Chevrolet K30 M1028

Ruubs

Didn't even think of that before. Wasn't a problem when I imported my UFO though. It was just trial and error to get it to fit the rider model somewhat. Nothing done with bones or anything like that.

You can find my UFO somewhere here on the forums as well.

GDUBMX

Quote from: Rutjes on March 23, 2017, 01:39:29 AM
Quote from: pacopastor34 on April 04, 2016, 03:31:58 PM

Getting the model to fit will work without to much trial and error I think, but getting the skinning data (what vertices are attached to what "bone" and at what strength for animation) right would be un-doable I think?

Could a new rider model be created or would that be a serious undertaking?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Rutjes

I doubt that animations are canned like that link suggests. It wouldn't work (well) in a game like this and besides, it's a really old-school way of doing things. Then again, according to the download page this game uses OpenGL 1.2.1 (1998) or DirectX 8.1 (2001)? (Time for an upgrade! OpenGL 3+ or Vulkan maybe?).

So..., I just opened one of the animation files for the rider and look at what I found:

Looks like bone names (one of them is called "riderRIG_armour" by the way). So it seems like the animation files just tell the bones how to move. Would be nice if Pib could share his riders source file for 3D Max or Blender.
2004 Honda CR125R
1984 Chevrolet K30 M1028

GDUBMX

Interesting Rutjes, nice work.

Be cool to hear what Piboso has to say
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />