• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:41:30 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Offline ruts??

Started by CSchmied986, March 25, 2016, 02:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

SO ive notice that ruts form offline, but after several laps it feel like youre hitting curbs. Is there anyway to reset the track or turn ruts off?

MotardMatt

i think you can adjust how quickly they form too but no idea, would like to know

MotardMatt

Quote from: geofanatec on March 25, 2016, 02:41:37 AM
just use a value of 0 to 1 (such as .5 or anything else)

Sorry, wheres that found? thanks!

CSchmied986

I can't find reset or any of those setting.

philiaN

If you are on the track go to pit: Under Event Info you can reset the track

And you can set the Deformation under: \Documents\PiBoSo\MX Bikes\profiles\YOURProfilename\profile.ini
Open it with Editor, there should be following line: (otherwise you have to add this)

[testing]
trainer=1
deformation_multiplier=0.5

i recommend 0.5 or lower like .4 .3 You can go from 0-20 (.1 and .2 you can only see in corners)

MotardMatt

Quote from: philiaN on March 25, 2016, 07:55:46 AM
If you are on the track go to pit: Under Event Info you can reset the track

And you can set the Deformation under: \Documents\PiBoSo\MX Bikes\profiles\YOURProfilename\profile.ini
Open it with Editor, there should be following line: (otherwise you have to add this)

[testing]
trainer=1
deformation_multiplier=0.5

i recommend 0.5 or lower like .4 .3 You can go from 0-20 (.1 and .2 you can only see in corners)

thank you :)

BadStar

Great, thx.. maybe I can disable it this way.. too many bugs in deform at the moment. I'd rather just wait until it's updated some
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Paradox28

I just set deformation at 0 since the ruts are wonky..I hope we'll eventually be able to push dirt instead of just digging.

BadStar

Yea, some spots on the track have great deformation and it feels realistic, face of jumps etc.. but in other places the ruts have a pixelated dig pattern and when they criss-cross it causes a ton of vibration and makes traction minimal.

I think(uneducated about programming)the ruts should be a bit "wider" almost immediately so that way you don't get the very bumpy pattern that seems to happen. And/or they need to immediately "blend" with each other to avoid the bumpy pattern..

I think mxb is such a good start to a future, that deformation should not be a promised feature..it seems incredibly technical and with the high quality track makers and the great physics..I doubt we would even notice if deform was ever removed (rather have it obviously..just sayin)

I know that this isn't the best example but the rough/bumpy deformation actual looks like this in game if you notice..it's like dragging a straight line in paint program..if you don't drag it straight it breaks up.

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Maybe it can be coded to communicate with the "center line" that track makers have to place.. so when alot of criss-cross happens, the code can see which way the centerline is going and blend all the criss-crossing in that general direction into a wider single or less ruts..

It sure is easy to come up with ideas when you have no clue wtf your talking about!!!   :o
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

MUD

On tracks with higher resolution Heightmaps the ruts blend fairly nicely. Personally I usually set it at about 6 inches per pixel which works out to 0.1524 metres per pixel. The higher the Heightmap resolution the better.

BadStar

Quote from: MUD on March 28, 2016, 04:44:00 PM
On tracks with higher resolution Heightmaps the ruts blend fairly nicely. Personally I usually set it at about 6 inches per pixel which works out to 0.1524 metres per pixel. The higher the Heightmap resolution the better.

Interesting.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime