• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:32:33 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Newb, Help Please!!

Started by BadStar, March 29, 2016, 03:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

So, I am very new to custom paints obviously...but I know I can make something look similar to my DRZ for the super moto part of mxb.. I was just goofing around to see if I could make a simple edit at all and it worked (easier than expected).

Question: Why do the lines show in the black paint?

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

You gotta disable the wire frame or uv layer I think it's called from the psd.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

March 29, 2016, 05:20:16 AM #3 Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:22:53 AM by BadStar
Ok, I am slopping this together just as a learning experience as to what things are etc.. will start over and do a better version when I know whats going on.. so far its its not alot of effort..which is amazing to me and now i am true mxb fanboy..

1) which part would I paint to color the forks?? need them gold
2)what part is the exhaust
3)if I cut the trailtech in half and angle both parts, would it look less flat?
4) should I just paint everything random colors and load in game so i know what im painting?
(everything here is a quick make up just to learn..)

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

ok, forks are "onboard".tga and exhaust is "bikeparts". not sure on the trailtech thing mate. try and resize your tga's as 2048x2048 or 4096x4096, that will give you more detail mate.

MotardMatt

looks like the wheels still have the UV on but looks good so far!

BadStar

Thank you. Yea I left the wheels untouched.. just slopping paint on at this point trying to learn what the parts are lol.

I think my issue is finding high res pic/stickers online of the specific decals I need. That or I don't know how to save in a higher res.

My tga's should be 2048..but my stickers/decals are not as high res. I'll keep searching.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Oh..when I open bike parts, I think I see which part is the fork tubes..and they look gold like they should be but in game they are silver/gray. Maybe I'm not looking at the right bike parts. I'll just paint stuff at random later to know what parts are what.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

Make sure you check the other layers mate, you might have shading off or something when you export.

BadStar

Even though I lack the skill to make this a crisp replica.. I can't help but find myself in overwhelming joy..especially this view.

Although I may have wired something up wrong.. neutral light stays on  :P

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Paradox28

badstar I learned roughly by unpacking an already made bike and seeing where things matched up to the bike in game. Helped a ton.

BadStar

Quote from: Paradox28 on March 30, 2016, 02:33:25 AM
badstar I learned roughly by unpacking an already made bike and seeing where things matched up to the bike in game. Helped a ton.

good idea, thanks!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Slowly getting there..but I know for sure I messed up by using complete black as a color..dumb dumb move even for a straight newb.

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

PizzaChet

Quote from: BadStar on March 30, 2016, 02:25:02 AMEven though I lack the skill to make this a crisp replica.
Not necessarily true. I'd say it was one of those "gaming goodness" moments for me seeing that dash! Nice for a "disappointment". lol
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

BadStar

Im enjoying it for sure! Just need to spend more time ofcourse.

Now if only I could get a license plate mount for the rear fender..   ???
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime