• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:31:07 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Newb, Help Please!!

Started by BadStar, March 29, 2016, 03:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneRider

looking good badstar ! if you want, i can try to make the front plate and the bar pad a little more realistic by skin it from zero and add a norm on it. just send it to me mp :)

BadStar

StoneRider, that would be great! I will do so later after work :)

1) What exactly do u need and I will send?

2) what is skin it from zero and norm? Just curious
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

StoneRider

if you can send me your psd and the originals photos you used it would be great.
it's seems like you used a photo and just put it on the template. when i say that i will skin it from zero i mean copy the photo with some layers. just.. skin it :) and the norm is the normal map. a other paint if you want, wich add itself to the color map to make a "deep" effect on holes, lines i don't know if you see it's pretty hard to tell in english ^^. Just tap normal map on google :)

BadStar

I understand! You speak better English than most here in the states..lol

When I get off work later I will deliver! Thx
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Q: Is the cable guide on the front plate able to be removed or hidden in some way?
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Just realized I made a "kind of" a enduro bike also!

Headlight + Speedo on dash  8)

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Just attempted to make my Jersey and helmet.. luckily my helmet in real life is flat black with scott goggles..fairly simple.. the fox 180 jersey wasn't easy and is still a wip for sure.

But I'm can't stop being beyond excited to play my own replica.. the very first forza motorsports game had a 90' CRX that had all the equipment and color schemes to replicate my CRX..and I was in love  ( i miss that game)

I have now found forza again, but for my biggest passion, bikes! and I can have a replica skin (not model yet).

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Mace-x

Nice to see you this excited, the skin is looking good  :)
Hopefully you can make some normal maps for that light and speedo to make it look nicer but overall your going great, good luck man!  ;D

BadStar

Thx Mace..

I have a ton to learn because I am trying to learn editors at the same time as skinning a bike haha..gah  Its entertaining at the least..

I definitely will google what a Normal Map etc is very soon so I can do what your talking about.. on a side note I was goofing around with a YZF426, because it was the last mx'r I have owned b4 my sm..

If I can calm down the excitement and focus..maybe the yamaha sticker wouldn't be upside down  :o

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime