• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:27:35 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Paleta Raceway v2!

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, March 31, 2016, 10:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

March 31, 2016, 10:30:43 AM Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 10:52:48 AM by 𝖙𝖋𝖈
Thought I'd start a new topic for this since it's a complete overhaul.

Every line on the heightmap has been re created except the one whoops section. All corners now have a much better bowl shape, inside lines are far easier to grab and generally speaking the entire thing is much better for Beta 4. Textures have also had a complete overhaul while trying to stay true to the look of v1.

Objects are new. I've kept the bridge as it's like any motocross track with a feature like a bridge - it stays, also kept a few of the plastic barriers and the concrete pipes in the landings. The rest is all new. Also I've had my first go at animated textures - The wind farm in the distance was made by rendering 24 frames of animation in sketchup of a wind turbine I made and it was totally worth it, it really breathes life into the environment when you catch a glimpse of one out the corner of your eye!

Have also added 3 custom made skydomes for clear, cloudy and rainy and have tweaked the ambient light settings as best I can to get the track to match (rainy is probably a little bit dark but hey, it's a storm in the desert).

Race data is all new, centerline now follows the outside line around corners but inside enough to give way to people railing the outside berm to avoid too many respawn collisions. 40 man gate, 40 pit spots, working marshals, 11 checkpoints and carefully placed bales to try and make it impossible to cut.

All in all this is the most complete track I've done and am very happy with how it's turned out. I've also learned a lot from the way I've done things over time and I think this is the new benchmark for my tracks from now on.

Anyway.. ENJOY!  8) Looking forward to tearing this up with you all online.

https://mxb-mods.com/paleta-raceway-v2

GDUBMX

Awesome,  thanks mate.  Another classic! The insides are amazing,  especially that Inside before the whoops, I always thought that was the slow line :)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

StoneRider

March 31, 2016, 02:45:06 PM #3 Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 06:14:16 PM by StoneRider
OMG fat's this track is soo dope. i just love the flow and the atmoshere. Those jumps are kicking me just enough to have a lot of fun with some gnarly whips and those berms man... what a sweet feeling to really attack on them whithout any deadtime. Brakes/Angle/GAZ this is just perfect man Good job.

Question, yours objects and textures amazing job on these. Are they free to use for any other track creation if the creator gives credits to you ? or is all private stuff ?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey StoneRider, thanks :)

Right now everything I make is specific to each track. They're all basic objects, nothing special, but would rather keep them unique to each track right now.

The only thing I can't stop anyone using is the skydomes. People are free to use them but since it took a lot of work to make them (lots of high res screenshots from google earth and stitching together on to several different models to maintain the highest quality) I would appreciate a mention ;)

BadStar

Oh wow! Now I have to suffer through a day at work before I can enjoy..ahh. thank u fats.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Wedgewood

Awesome job Fats, version 1 is really good but this is just so much more complete. 

BadStar

Ok... man. The Detail is just amazing! I really had no idea how much better/updated you meant...just awesome!!

Like Stone said, the face of the jumps help throw some really nice whips..

I put a bunch of cash in my disk drive and tried to send it to you but didn't work..

any other options?

Your a pro
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks man :).. Really glad people are enjoying it.

Docfumi

I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

REDRUM

So good! I have missed this one, really like the textures and flow! Will you be doing track cameras for replays too?

Where's the donate button!?  ;D

Scuzzy285

oh my grrd its amazing i mean this is just great.......   great work fats keep it up ;D
Aerial Racing Team

𝖙𝖋𝖈

April 01, 2016, 09:48:18 AM #12 Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:53:50 AM by TheFatController

Yes I'll be doing cams at some point but to be honest they are the least important thing on the list.

Anyone know if adding your own cams would cause a server mismatch?

Mace-x

Wow fats!
You managed to do one of the icons of mxb a even better track, it flows fantastically, no flat track spots at all and it rides like heaven, thank you mate!  ;D

pacopastor34