• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:14:53 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

why cheat when hotlapping

Started by -aGy-, March 13, 2016, 07:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 17, 2016, 10:24:33 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on March 17, 2016, 02:24:33 PM
Checkpoints are all good for hotlapping, but they do cause an issue when racing: if you miss one, your lap will not be counted.

On GPB forum we have proposed to disregard checkpoints during races, but I don't know if this is included in GPB b8 and MXB b4.
OK, that's already good enough then. In the past w ehad plenty of issues with the server losing some laps during races, probably it was/is due to something else.

What if a split is missed ?

During a race a missed checkpoint should add a time penalty ( set by the track maker ) to the overall race time, but the lap should still be counted.

JohnnyMac

MXS added time penalties too for cutting corners...but still counted laps. It worked good I thought. So, if MXB applies same rule, that is a good choice imo.

CSchmied986

i didnt know you could cut laps, but thats stupid. Just like in MXS, youre only judged on your race results.

HornetMaX

[Hmm, I screwed something up in my last message ...]

During a race a missed checkpoint should add a time penalty ( set by the track maker ) to the overall race time, but the lap should still be counted.
OK, that's already good enough then. In the past we had plenty of issues with the server losing some laps during races, probably it was/is due to something else.

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 31, 2016, 09:29:32 AM
[Hmm, I screwed something up in my last message ...]

OK, that's already good enough then. In the past we had plenty of issues with the server losing some laps during races, probably it was/is due to something else.

If a split is missed ( or speed trap in GPB / WRS / KRP ), the lap is not counted.
This is why start/finish and split lines should be very wide.

CSchmied986

BTW, i personally think the DSQ rules should be altered, because if you accidentally hit the gate or turn your bars too much you get DQ'd, and it does not affect the riders around you or your start.

Scuzzy285

+1 +1 +1 +1 what motostar said
Aerial Racing Team

arnzzz

Quote from: MotoStar on March 31, 2016, 09:16:48 PM
BTW, i personally think the DSQ rules should be altered, because if you accidentally hit the gate or turn your bars too much you get DQ'd, and it does not affect the riders around you or your start.

100% agree

teeds

Yes the gate stops jumps starts and people that do jump it get a penalty by way of having to untangle themselves from the gate IRL. But we do still need a DQ to deter people backing up and joyriding around the pit area, as has happened several times  ;D Maybe just a less sensitive, by way of a larger trigger area, DQ system?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Never experienced this one myself, but weirdly when the 15 second board goes up and I hold the clutch, put it in 1st and start revving, my bike rolls forwards slowly until it seems to touch the gate.

It's never held me up or disqualified though, recently I've been holding the brake to stop the roll  but I did this yesterday and forgot to release the brake. Obviously three buttons at the same time is too much for my brain lol..

Definitely agree with the larger trigger area if that's how it works.