• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:27:59 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, October 01, 2014, 11:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

Never gave this a proper chance, i'll try it today, thanks Max  :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks MaX, have felt naked without it!

franckyto94

𝖙𝖋𝖈

March 05, 2016, 11:02:48 PM #48 Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:34:26 AM by TheFatController
MaX.. Before you tell me to read the damn PDF!

I can't get it to show up. I've put the right files in my mxb plugins folder (MaxHUD_MXB.dlo and MaxHUD_Data) but pressing Caps-lock in game does nothing. It's also not created the .ini in my PiBoSo folder which is in the usual place..

I've downloaded the vcredist_x86 but it just offers me repair or remove as I already have it. Tried repair and no luck. Side note, that the link you have in the documentation for the C++ redist doesn't work.

This was also a clean install of MXB, including the PiBoSo folder in documents.

Edit: after a good look around I think I'm the only one with this problem so it's obviously a local issue, just lost for ideas!

Any ideas?

HornetMaX

Hi Fatty, my fault actually, I forgot to update that in the .pdf  :-[

You actually need  Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x86): once you press Download, select the x86 version "vcredist_x86.exe".

Can you tell me if it works with that ? I'll ninja-update the documentation.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Oh awesome, didn't try the 2013 update so will try later and let you know. Busy day as mothers day and 3 mothers about including the Mrs so will check this evening.

Thanks MaX!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Managed to sneak away. All working great, thanks.

GDUBMX

Hey MaX,  have you guys over on gpb came up with anytype of replay overlay like you'd see in moto GP or motocross? A live run in order with track position,rider names and lap times etc? I wouldn't know where to even begin with this sort of thing, just wondered if you guys have brushed over this in the past and what your thoughts and problems with it were.  Cheers mate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

HornetMaX

Quote from: gdubmx on April 08, 2016, 12:15:53 PM
Hey MaX,  have you guys over on gpb came up with anytype of replay overlay like you'd see in moto GP or motocross? A live run in order with track position,rider names and lap times etc? I wouldn't know where to even begin with this sort of thing, just wondered if you guys have brushed over this in the past and what your thoughts and problems with it were.  Cheers mate.
You mean an overlay while spectating or an overlay while watching a saved replay ?

If it's the 1st one (overlay while spectating) it is surely doable thanks to changes PiBoSo has done to the plugin interface (after we requested the changes to do exactly this kind of things). So yes, it's in my todo list, likely the next thing I'll tackle. To be honest I'd like to wait for the next release of KRP to come out, as my plugin deals with all sims (GPB, MXB, WRS, KRP) and having the sims aligned interms of plugin interface makes my life a tad easier.

About where to start for this kind of things: you need to speak C/C++ and have some basic knowledge about programming. Nothing more.

philiaN

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 08, 2016, 12:38:09 PM
You mean an overlay while spectating or an overlay while watching a saved replay ?

If it's the 1st one (overlay while spectating) it is surely doable thanks to changes PiBoSo has done to the plugin interface (after we requested the changes to do exactly this kind of things). So yes, it's in my todo list, likely the next thing I'll tackle. To be honest I'd like to wait for the next release of KRP to come out, as my plugin deals with all sims (GPB, MXB, WRS, KRP) and having the sims aligned interms of plugin interface makes my life a tad easier.

About where to start for this kind of things: you need to speak C/C++ and have some basic knowledge about programming. Nothing more.

Plugins should receive data even with a loaded replay.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 08, 2016, 01:59:54 PM
Plugins should receive data even with a loaded replay.
I know, just not all the data.

Last time I checked at least, some callbacks were not effective during "offline" replay (e.g. EventInit, TrackCenterline, etc).
To be honest, I didn't check in the very latest betas (GPB b8 and MXB b4), as I don't really see the need for this kind of overlay in "offline" replay mode. But if it supported, I'll do it.

GDUBMX

April 08, 2016, 02:38:46 PM #57 Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 02:40:44 PM by gdubmx
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 08, 2016, 12:38:09 PM

Thanks mate the spectator overlay is exactly what I was on about, sounds brilliant. Is it something that could be attached to replays also?  I have no idea at all when It comes to programming or code, I can however make some mean enchiladas :)

Edit.  My post was a bit delayed with the 4g area I'm in,  that sounds promising Max.  Look forward to tracking your progression mate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

HornetMaX

Quote from: gdubmx on April 08, 2016, 02:38:46 PM
Thanks mate the spectator overlay is exactly what I was on about, sounds brilliant. Is it something that could be attached to replays also?  I have no idea at all when It comes to programming or code, I can however make some mean enchiladas :)
I've coded for less and I happen to like enchiladas, so a deal is definitely possible :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I'll take some of those enchiladas please :D