• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:12:53 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Motocross GP tracks

Started by Niko Mouk, April 03, 2016, 10:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nico_ktm19

Really good new for the future of this game, haha Niko Mouk what is the Gp track on your screenshot?  :P

Niko Mouk

Quote from: Sandbiter on April 04, 2016, 10:11:06 AM
I assume you're converting Haggqvist's and Rafagas's MXS tracks?
I am yes, and have the permission from Hagg (that's why I spoke about the licenced heightmap).

Ruts don't work that well yet in Mx Bikes tho, at least not on my track.
more than 70% of each heightmap has been redrew

Quote from: Sandbiter on April 04, 2016, 10:11:06 AMDont forget to give Haggqvist's and Rafagas's credit when you release a track ;).
The work is under a specific licence, everything will be done as it must be.

To conclude, you (everybody) have to understand that mxsimulator and mxbikes are and have so many differences between physics, scale, sky, texturing, etc. It's ABSOLUTELY not like taking a mxsim track, convert what it has to be and ride it in mx bikes. This is a lot of work that mxsim heightmap is about 15 or 20% only.
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

Niko Mouk

Quote from: nico_ktm19 on April 04, 2016, 11:06:57 AMwhat is the Gp track on your screenshot?  :P
Losail (qatar), hard mode

Ruubs

Quote from: Niko Mouk on April 04, 2016, 12:19:10 PM
To conclude, you (everybody) have to understand that mxsimulator and mxbikes are and have so many differences between physics, scale, sky, texturing, etc. It's ABSOLUTELY not like taking a mxsim track, convert what it has to be and ride it in mx bikes. This is a lot of work that mxsim heightmap is about 15 or 20% only.
I know. I've converted my own tracks.

I can't wait for any of these tracks :D.

pacopastor34

Quote from: Niko Mouk on April 04, 2016, 12:19:10 PM
I assume you're converting Haggqvist's and Rafagas's MXS tracks?
I am yes, and have the permission from Hagg (that's why I spoke about the licenced heightmap).

Ruts don't work that well yet in Mx Bikes tho, at least not on my track.
more than 70% of each heightmap has been redrew

Quote from: Sandbiter on April 04, 2016, 10:11:06 AMDont forget to give Haggqvist's and Rafagas's credit when you release a track ;).
The work is under a specific licence, everything will be done as it must be.

I am totally agree with Niko. There are too much differences and all the conversions have a lot of work behind. And don't forget many creators of mxsim stuff gave permission to modify and use their work. It was a very friendly community...until the market came...

Niko Mouk

Quote from: pacopastor34 on April 05, 2016, 10:05:35 AM...until the market came...
I totally agree. Protect your work is a nice thing, but stop sharing, doing paid content, paid races etc, that's the begining of the end. I hope MX Bikes will never take this way.

Yamaha285

Quote from: Niko Mouk on April 05, 2016, 07:32:19 PM
Quote from: pacopastor34 on April 05, 2016, 10:05:35 AM...until the market came...
I totally agree. Protect your work is a nice thing, but stop sharing, doing paid content, paid races etc, that's the begining of the end. I hope MX Bikes will never take this way.

Unfortunately it will....Will it happen right away no, but people will come this way from those forums. That community use to be great. People got greedy a lot of content was ripped and that was just a small part of what caused a chain reaction. Then they thought hey lets do some races that take a fee and have a pay out. Not a bad idea but that feed the greedy people more on content being sold and continued a snowball effect.

Like the Mx Sim community this community will hold on to many OG's and some will leave because of the people that ruined that community. Its up to US to keep the unwanted out for as long as possible. I have 6-7 great years on that game and i feel it winding to a end. rF has even changed. They play favorites with people and treat others as if they are a pile of shit under there shoe. My suggestion is never offer to pay and dont subdue to there demands.

Yamaha285

Only in some case Geo. They have special races they do. I hear you i pay for 2 servers on that game per month. But i wont go off topic in this thread anymore. I am stoked to be a part of this community and to see these GP tracks develop over time. If you need any testing done let me know!

GDUBMX

I hear ya yam,  we don't want any of that unwanted pubescent annoyance over here. We have a nice mix of older generation guys and younger generation which are very mature and of course our beloved GP Bikes guys which have always been so helpful and great to have around. Thing is all it takes is a few obnoxious comments from people and some of these guys who create content will just stop creating content at all, we certainly don't want that.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You should geo.. If it wasn't for your tutorials I'd still be trying to figure it all out lol.

Niko Mouk

Quote from: TheFatController on April 07, 2016, 02:03:34 PMYou should geo.. If it wasn't for your tutorials I'd still be trying to figure it all out lol.

Niko Mouk

Modeling and placing objects is one of the hardest part of the job, I found a great way to do it and the process should be faster (for me) now. I only have to fix tha alpha chan.
I'm training on a non-mxgp track at the moment so please don't ask which track is it :)

Niko Mouk

You are flying over a restricted area Piboso  ::)

Mace-x

hahahaha awesome, altrought that plane could use 1/8 of the polys it has!   :o

Niko Mouk

Trying to catch all specs of mx bikes editing...