• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:16:47 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Realistic Risks.

Started by MotoRogers499, February 20, 2014, 12:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uollie

Majority doesn't want realism? What makes you think that?

I get the vibe of the opposite. Speaking for myself here, I want realism to the fullest, but only if it's done right and doesn't take away from enjoying the game. It's a vague statement, but to say I definitely want something at this point in development is almost futile in a lot of cases, I'd assume. (such as bike damage)

I really want rider ragdoll and something else to give riding a more risky feeling but I can't say for sure if it's a great idea. Just keep the ideas coming, and I'm sure piboso plays around with some of them that he likes.

moto28

Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 04, 2014, 06:09:17 PM
Quote from: moto28 on March 04, 2014, 05:57:42 PM
The thing about those ragdoll physics is that the Doll wants to continue sliding and is almost as if he just lets it all happen. In real life you flail around but with that you just lay out like a star fish and spin around.

Its clear that majority here dont care about realism, so why not add some fun? :D
Motorogers you need to stop making assumptions about the "Majority" Because this is a SIMULATOR and i would rather have Realism over Fun in a Simulator any day. If you want a game for fun i would suggest turn your interests away from a simulation game. People such as myself find fun and entertainment out of simulation games that spot on hit the key points of such a sport or activity that really goes into detail enhancing the gameplay experience. If this game was for "Fun" why dont we just add planes and monster trucks and etc. Such as Mx Untamed. Stop suggesting completely irrelevant and stupid things for the "Majority" when i am almost positive that the "Majority" have came here for a simulation game.

Motoboss

As said before ..Keep in mind this is still a game... If you want it to be frustrating over fun go to Mx Simulator... Witch I cannot understand why anyone would want that.. Call me selfish but I want realism and fun...
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

DD

I'm going to start on a Fun Simulator. So if you're not having fun on Mx Bikes because it ends up too real, you can just play my fun simulator to balance your life out. Hell, you can even play them at the same time if you're felling up to it.

moto28

I understand what you guys are saying and i agree. I appoligize i was just frustrated that he was saying it was evident no one cared about realism. When thats what i care about most which would make me think that it was fun. My appoligies

MotoRogers499

Im going to try and make this as clear and brief as possible. Not directed in anyone in particular (Ill try)
This whole topic was about me expressing my ideas to make the game MORE realistic. This whole topic was about how in real life, people do not take stupid risks because there is a sense of fear, i tried to come up with a way to eliminate this no fear thing in games, but enough of that. So moto28,(darn it...) i suggest you stop and read before you make assumptions about how I want "fun rather than realism". Almost everyone, (meaning MAJORITY) did not support my idea, saying that I need to remember that this is a game, and some things cannot be added, and will take away fun factor, etc etc... Now, i have no problem with this. In my comment earlier I was expressing that "Majority" didnt care for realistic features, whether realistic falloff, or slower rider reactions when you hit hard. this is why I thought, hey, why not add some ragdoll falloff physics, just because its FUN. Although, its hard to answer you because you state that "i would rather have Realism over Fun in a Simulator any day". So we ARE on the same side right? Im going for realism, while majority want some fun factor. Of course, it IS a simulator, and of course, it WILL be realistic. But we are talking about little features here. Does it really matter? And i agree with you, majority came here for a simulator, and they will get it, no matter what features it has. You suggest I turn my interests away from simulations? Now im starting to think you got the wrong person bro... Im going for REALISM here, my ideas are to improve realism, but of course not everything can be done. And CLEARLY, i did NOT post for majority on my attempts at this thread, as majority did not agree with my "irrelevant an stupid" idea. But features are features, which is why i agreed with someones idea to have ragdoll falloff physics, and come one, who doesnt love watching a guy being flung into the air while his feet touch his head.
At the end of the day, its going to be a simulation, regardless of features, dont you worry buddy :D
so much for brief...

moto28

Yes i understand and agree. I Understand where you guys are coming from :D just was frustrating i thought you were going to try and turn this into an arcade game or something. Just didnt want the game to swerve in the wrong direction. My appoligies

MotoRogers499

Quote from: moto28 on March 04, 2014, 10:22:45 PM
I understand what you guys are saying and i agree. I appoligize i was just frustrated that he was saying it was evident no one cared about realism. When thats what i care about most which would make me think that it was fun. My appoligies
Yup this cleared it up... We ARE both for realism. Reading one of my comments and assuming is kind of douchey though, and I am offended easily (could you tell?) Sorry for long post, and i appreciate your apology.

moto28

Alright good and i agree the last thing we need is more frustration.  ::) Impossible to eliminate that though.

moto28

Sorry to double post but i appoligize yet again motorogers i just felt as if you were trying to say "Majority" in terms of your own belief and taking your words and putting them for other people. But that wasnt the case and im sorry yet again :D

MotoRogers499

Quote from: moto28 on March 04, 2014, 10:34:13 PM
Sorry to double post but i appoligize yet again motorogers i just felt as if you were trying to say "Majority" in terms of your own belief and taking your words and putting them for other people. But that wasnt the case and im sorry yet again :D
xD dw about it man, i know the feels.

But seriously, when this game comes out, im no-lifing 24/7, and i WILL be the best.

moto28

MotoRogers499

Quote from: gdubmx on March 04, 2014, 10:29:47 PM
Quote from: DD on March 04, 2014, 10:08:32 PM
I'm going to start on a Fun Simulator. So if you're not having fun on Mx Bikes because it ends up too real, you can just play my fun simulator to balance your life out. Hell, you can even play them at the same time if you're felling up to it.
right.. who exactly was this directed at? clearly some of you are having issues understanding my point. im looking to play a simulator which is really challenging but FUN, its two things that can actually happen at the same time. wheeling an R1 at 100mph+ is challenging and fun,maintaining a long powerslide out of a corner is challenging but fun, same with a game. by a fun mx game i mean i dont want to finish playing feeling frustrated at it like i did many many times with MXS. the random after bail get up front end skidding along the ground whilst counter steering weird shit is not fun. not to mention all the other stuff that just frustrates me after playing that game, dont get me wrong i have a ton of fun on the 3/10 times i play it. but most of the time some weird shit happens causing me to thing "yeh F this" and turn it off. if you still cannot grasp what im saying then forget about it as i cant be arsed to keep trying to explain what i mean.

Well in real life, motocross is fun. We can all agree on that. (if not, then you need to leave.) But lets face it, there are some things that you cant shrink down to be controlled by your thumbs. The problem is, there is so much going around in motocross, that its very hard to make a simulator for it. I think what JLV did was amazing. But irl, you have CONSTANT weight shift. JLV focused more on a counter steering type thing, with forward and backward lean. I guess what I am trying to say is, there is so much going on in motocross, that you cant channel everything into being controlled by your hand. If someone does manage to do that, it still wont be the same. You cant feel the bike, know instinctively what to do... Its hard to explain, what i am trying to say..
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152917518080931&set=vb.185972780930&type=2&theater
watch that, and tell me if you can do that in mxs..
you cant. dont even try. But even if it was possible, could your fingers do this? xD

MotoRogers499

Quote from: moto28 on March 04, 2014, 10:42:26 PM
Not if i can help it  ;)

We will see.
NO WE WONT. I WILL WIN.

moto28

Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 04, 2014, 10:54:59 PM
Quote from: moto28 on March 04, 2014, 10:42:26 PM
Not if i can help it  ;)

We will see.
NO WE WONT. I WILL LOSE.
Im just excited to finally have the advantage all of the pros on mxs had. They knew about the game far before i did and i would have loved to have had been playing it since the time they had to be on the level they are on. But now hopefully i will be one of the "Guys to be" on Mx Bikes :)