• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:26:53 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

"The Ridge v0.5" Free-Ride

Started by BadStar, May 08, 2016, 11:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacopastor34

Quote from: bassit on May 14, 2016, 11:38:29 AM
I kind of expected this to be crap, partly from the look of the vid (i didnt watch it) and it being your first time, i was very wrong.

This track is seriously fun and has some great trails to ride, dude you have some natural abilty for this, some of the sections on the trails are fast and flowing,  just how it should be.

This track will get used more than most of the others, love it..

Thank you..

Totally agree with that. If you learn a bit more and put the proper textures and objects on them you can do some of the best tracks. I love freeriding. Just for fun. Braaaap.

BadStar

Quote from: bassit on May 14, 2016, 11:38:29 AM
I kind of expected this to be crap, partly from the look of the vid (i didnt watch it) and it being your first time, i was very wrong.

This track is seriously fun and has some great trails to ride, dude you have some natural abilty for this, some of the sections on the trails are fast and flowing,  just how it should be.

This track will get used more than most of the others, love it..

Thank you..
Quote from: pacopastor34 on May 14, 2016, 01:19:15 PM
Totally agree with that. If you learn a bit more and put the proper textures and objects on them you can do some of the best tracks. I love freeriding. Just for fun. Braaaap.

Man, that's really cool to hear!!

I feel I have a good vision/feel for it, but no experience making.. at all! lol.  If I can ever figure out how to do the dang objects and backgrounds..ahhh!

I do love L3DT, thanks to Fats for sharing what he is using (apparently some hate l3dt)..I find it to be great.

Hopefully I have learned enough from making this track(still a wip) that my next project will be better.. I do think I need to not make any thing else until I learn to place objects and tree lines etc, bc it will never have the immersion I want and the finished feel.

You would think a single pickup truck, some tree's and facade tree lines would be easier but I find the track builder a billion times easier lol (may be due to simply not knowing what to do)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

2tfanatic

Very fun map to ride on, if the tracks where you ride on would be a bit more bumpyer that would be amazing!

BadStar

I plan to make it much more so, with other trail type obstacles..but I'm stuck on objects at the moment.. Which is kind of a bummer bc I can't seem to figure it out. Same happened with Terra forming, so maybe It will work it self out at some point.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Krinsher

I know this has been a long time, but damn, i'd love to see some maps like this one.
Or even see this map getting updates.
It was so much fun.

Ricardo Simões

I made a login in this just to say that this one is fckng awesome!
Keep working on it man! Can't wait for more textures and more jumpy trails <3
Keep the good work, this game needs more of this!