• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:46:20 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

1996 Honda CR 125 & 250

Started by rc4187, May 15, 2016, 09:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

I love how I can feel the power band on the 125...               250 has something strange going on (may just be me) but I cant figure it out yet.. also has no red line or power band much?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Aint No Nancy

May 16, 2016, 03:23:46 AM #3 Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:32:02 AM by Aint No Nancy
Nice. im getting more addicted to this game everyday.

wish i could learn how to make a bike, i would settle for them being half as nice as the ones you guys are putting out... can it be done with all free programs?

i have info that might help if you or anyone else is interested in how to get 6th gear?

in the cfg file named after the bike their is gearbox then gearing with ratios 0-4 well you add ratio5= plus the transmission ratio,    then you do the same thing with numgears,    then mimic and make a 6th gear in the autoshift part down below

I couldent get the stuff i added to line up with the stuff above it in gearing and numgears so the stuff i added is 1 space before the line above it like this if it will show correctly after posting...           ratio4 = 22, 21
                                                                      ratio5 = ??, ??      u might have to test out whatever gearing you pick to see if it pulls right after shifting to 6th gear.

i think that's it. if not i have a 125 with a working 6th gear and can look back on it to see what all i changed to get it working if this information does not work.

StoneRider

DAAAAMN RC that's a real beast right there !! good job for modeling this man really awesome thanks you !!!!

GDUBMX

Thanks Rc! Amazing work as always mate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

So awesome.. Turn trainer on, run a lap on the 96 kx or the cr, save trainer, load back in with other bike..

Thanks RC! 8)

pacopastor34

Oh god! Can't wait to get home and test it. Thank you RC!!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

So, anyone fancy taking it even further back?  ;D

GDUBMX

ffs fats! i was gonna ask RC if he wants the bike of the future...

the alta electric bike!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

May 16, 2016, 11:54:24 AM #10 Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 12:06:44 PM by senensis
Riding the 96 CR125 put a smile on my face (especially as the owner of a 96 YZ125).

The stock ratio should be changed, I don't think they come with 13/50 stock. Fiddling around, the best "125 experience" is better achieved with a 12/50 or 12/51. Also, I can't help but notice how hard it is to stay on the pipe going from 3rd to 4th, even on flat terrain. If the gear ratios are anything close to what the YZ has, it shouldn't be that way.

Lastly, and that might have to be due to the game and not the model, staying on the pipe is much easier IRL as it has some kind of inertia. Going up or down gears, you can catch up the good RPM range from a bit outside of it if you were already on the pipe before shifting. Right now, it's either in or out and that's a bit drastic I think.

Thanks for the great work modeling this. Having tons of fun shifting 3 times in a 100m straight :d
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

ChrisK

best bikes ever in MXBikes! realy the 125 are so much fun, and feels realy realistic. thank you

Mace-x

Aaaaaw yeah!
This bike is a beast, thanks for all the hard work Rc!  ;D

74med |GHOST

So.... I loveeeee :-* !!!

Thanks so much!!

Nice work buddy keep it up !!

ChrisK

after testing a lot.

the 4th gear is too Long!