• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:18:01 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Wish List for MX Bikes

Started by Motoboss, February 06, 2014, 05:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoRogers499

How would you do lean left/right and steer left/right on the same stick? lol

moto28

Yea DD i Agree. Depending on how the game handles and such id say you would have to have a pretty dang stiff setup if you did that. Plus your whips would like pretty stupid if instead of going from say the Left side to Center on the seat ( Bringing it back around ) It would go Left to right. Which would look completely ridiculous. :P I would say if there is multi button functions it would be possible but it would be hard for your own sake to control. Totally cool if your up for it though haha

uollie

I wonder if there will be auto lean like in GP bikes, but maybe it will be a counter lean with weight on opposite peg type stuff. That would be fine with me honestly until I mastered the controls well enough to start riding with manual lean.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: uollie on March 05, 2014, 05:20:24 AM
I wonder if there will be auto lean like in GP bikes, but maybe it will be a counter lean with weight on opposite peg type stuff. That would be fine with me honestly until I mastered the controls well enough to start riding with manual lean.
i wouldnt mind this.

moto28

Yea i would definitely be ok with it in the Alpha but im not sure if i would be ok with it in the future. Just for the fact that some kids would depend on it too much for speed and such.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: moto28 on March 05, 2014, 07:19:53 AM
Yea i would definitely be ok with it in the Alpha but im not sure if i would be ok with it in the future. Just for the fact that some kids would depend on it too much for speed and such.
Agreed. But a way to get rider weight shift/lean would be a great advantage in technical sections. Enduro tracks, tight forested tracks, etc. something mxs couldnt do, counter steer and a static rider when it comes to s/s doesnt cut it. And i dont want rider lean back/forward and side/side. I want complete weight shift. Wherever i put the stick, is the direction i want the rider to lean to. Plus it would give each player a chance to develope their own technique. Some examples of some weight shift:

And you all know how in tight, technical corners you kinda lean into the corner ahead of time, but keep the bike upright until you reach the corner and quickly bring the bike down to your body's leaning angle. Turnin the bike quick an sudden, while standing your body back up from that sexy rut.
I wanna be able to do this. And MXS has a huge starting gate problem. If you start leaning, your going into the other rider. Above there is an example of justin barcia, he started turning, but a rider was there, so he kept the bike upright and straight while his body is leaning over to counter it kinda thing. Or a bump could have upset the bike, and he is correcting with his body. MXB NEEDS this.

DD

Good post ^

I don't have anything constructive to add, just wanted you to know that it's a great post!

moto28

Yea i say make a new topic for that post

moto28

Well i suppose you could say the same thing about bike graphics and gear in real life. Whats the point in having them if you cant see them ;P but yes a look back is essential

moto28

As said earlier i think it would be ok if you could have a 3rd person but not be able to Look back with it. Because you already have a advantage of a wider field of view and with lookback it would be more of a unfair advantage for being unrealistic. Just a idea though

uollie

Quote from: moto28 on March 06, 2014, 04:04:06 PM
As said earlier i think it would be ok if you could have a 3rd person but not be able to Look back with it. Because you already have a advantage of a wider field of view and with lookback it would be more of a unfair advantage for being unrealistic. Just a idea though

I actually think that's a pretty cool, and fair idea. I've always been jealous of 3rd person riders for having that advantage. I'm a first person kind of guy for any game, I can't play 3rd person shooters, racers, anything. 1st person all the way.

Motoboss

Let me get this straight... You guys are suggesting that people that ride in third person should be penalized? ...That is just dumb..I cant ride in first person  ..First person in video games is not right because there is no porifial (<spelling<)  vision and I dont see how they could make it that way... I use 3rd person to see what the bike is doing at all times for this reason..
Get off the 3rd person topic ...Its all about preference and that's it...
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

MX181

Quote from: Motoboss on March 06, 2014, 09:17:03 PM
Let me get this straight... You guys are suggesting that people that ride in third person should be penalized? ...That is just dumb..I cant ride in first person  ..First person in video games is not right because there is no porifial (<spelling<)  vision and I dont see how they could make it that way... I use 3rd person to see what the bike is doing at all times for this reason..
Get off the 3rd person topic ...Its all about preference and that's it...

Amen mb, first makes me want to vomit literally and like mb said I don't think we should be penalised for using 3rd simple cause I don't get sick using it

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

moto28

Yes i understand. But its almost of a unfair advantage that you guys have with being able to see so far beside you and such thats its really a unfair advantage for not being realistic.

Its kindof cheating in a way if you ask me BUT im not saying you guys cant its just also that with the advantage you guys already have i dont see a need to look back if you can see beside you.

Sorry if i offended anyone. just the way i see it :P

uollie

Who's being penalized for their preference, really?

If I play the game better in 3rd person, then I get to enjoy being at my most comfortable and with the perks of noticing who's passing me before they even pass me and how to counteract.

If I play first person, chances are high that I might not see someone block passing me in a corner until after I've already hammered the throttle, taking us both out.

For people like me who can't play in 3rd person whatsoever, are the ones who get the short straw. If I can't see my peripherals, and you can. Why can't I see what's behind me, and you can't?

Moto was just making a "balance" suggestion, not handing out repercussions... But I don't care if this doesn't happen. I just thought it did make sense, considering it's a video game and the 1st and 3rd person options are available to begin with.