• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:31:09 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Objects, collisions and deformation question

Started by Asdrael, June 04, 2016, 07:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

Hi.

I'm hitting a small wall on track design here on three points. If anyone can chime in, I'd be very grateful (and release my SX finished faster :d).

- In TrackEd, you are supposed to be able to add objects. However, I can't figure out how to populate the object list. I have read about an obj.cfg and a *.lyt, but I can't figure out how to make / find them.

- Regarding the objects you (are supposed to be able to eventhough I can't figure out how) add in TrackEd, or even the scenes (done for example in Sketchup), is there a way to enable/disable collisions, or even do "soft" collisions (let's say tuffblocks slowing you down massively instead of being basically concrete blocks or phantom blocks).

- How do you figure out your deformation? Currently, I roll with very low material depth to avoid digging. I'd like however to enable digging more, but more slowly. In the end, I'd like to dig like 30cm maximum over the course of 20 laps with 20 bikes. Anyone figured out these settings yet? What parameters to play with?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

pacopastor34

Thats what you need for the objects collision. http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/Track_Creation_Rules

Just name each object with its proper name.

And the deformation is made by a deformation multiplier. You can modify that multiplier in your profile. But I guess you can't give each track its own deformation.

Asdrael

Thanks, I somehow overlooked that page. I'll look into it and try to make it work. For the deformation, I guess I'll keep a very look thickness for the terrain to compensate. It looks cool anyway with skidmarks!
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord