• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:55:21 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2016 Kawasaki 250/450/450sm V2.1

Started by StoneRider, April 14, 2016, 03:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc4187

Quote from: geofanatec on June 05, 2016, 04:16:02 PM
umm.......I don't know what to do or think! This is really shitty.

For now because I am so aww struck and just can't think correctly and can't use a computer under thesee conditions.

So, the download bikes link in the racing forum (and on gtx site) will remain, as I am so shocked I don't remember how to remove or do anything.

haha

From what I understand, the models were purchased as .obj files and with no terms of use included other than to maybe not distribute the .psd. I get that people want to protect their work, but the fact of the matter is there were no terms or end user agreement. just money exchanged for a model. So other than hurting the creator's feelings... I don't see much wrong with what happened or how he can dictate the use after purchase. And keep in mind that I create digital content and sell it myself, so I may know a thing or two about this. If it comes down to the skins or .psd usage... simply re-unwrap the model and create your own UVmap.

StoneRider

let's make a golden rule..... NEVER SOLD ANY CONTENT FOR MX BIKES EVER. did you know that the new ama pro mxs championship is no longer free ? it's not free to race anymore guys. Money is cancer. if you try to sell something for mx bikes ? you should get banned. that's what i'm saying. it's about passion here. not god damn money.... if you're a 3D modeler who want to live from it, then sell your models on some websites who do that. Here, it's all about share and fun. not god damn money.

bassit

June 05, 2016, 06:12:54 PM #32 Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 07:50:50 PM by bassit
Piboso has the tools to control payed content, the bikes have to be added to be of any use in a race, if piboso doesnt want payed content then he can just not add them to the list.

ChrisK

Quote from: rc4187 on June 05, 2016, 06:05:23 PM

For now because I am so aww struck and just can't think correctly and can't use a computer under thesee conditions.

So, the download bikes link in the racing forum (and on gtx site) will remain, as I am so shocked I don't remember how to remove or do anything.

haha

From what I understand, the models were purchased as .obj files and with no terms of use included other than to maybe not distribute the .psd. I get that people want to protect their work, but the fact of the matter is there were no terms or end user agreement. just money exchanged for a model. So other than hurting the creator's feelings... I don't see much wrong with what happened or how he can dictate the use after purchase. And keep in mind that I create digital content and sell it myself, so I may know a thing or two about this. If it comes down to the skins or .psd usage... simply re-unwrap the model and create your own UVmap.

Pff then just make the links aviable again, i dont see any ripping or something here

PizzaChet

You have no idea how much I'm holding back about Jay and another money grubbing profiteer from MXS. Total disregard for all the people that broke their backs to make these communities better out of PASSION and LOVE of sharing. I just hope that getting tarred and feathered in public prevents more evil types from gouging people.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

pacopastor34

Quote from: rc4187 on June 05, 2016, 06:05:23 PM

haha

THE F***** TRUTH.

For GDUB. I'm appreciate so much the work you are doing here, you don't know how much but, you should know there are any moral or legal discussion about that man. My english is not good but you should read and re-read this RC's reply. It's law. (Not trying to be rude at all)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Gdub did the right thing, I've reached out to Jay but no reply as of yet. Patience people ;)

StoneRider

yeah thank you Geo... And if Gdub and and TFC want to wait for an answer.... well. let's wait...

GDUBMX

Yeah I know it sucks and I hate to be that guy but as a representative for mx bikes central I have to do my part until it is resolved. I'm sure the bikes will be available soon though as there is no consolidating proof of a legally binding agreement. I'm on your side guys trust me.
As a Dj for 12 years it would be wrong for me to purchase a track which I could not play I'm public.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

nickuzick

So if they creator says he specifically doesn't want his models in the game you shouldn't respect that? You guys are now just as entitled as the mxs community in less than 2 years, congratulations.

StoneRider

Quote from: nickuzick on June 05, 2016, 09:41:55 PM
You guys are now just as entitled as the mxs community in less than 2 years, congratulations.

L.O.L

pacopastor34

Quote from: geofanatec on June 05, 2016, 09:45:34 PM
The "answer" was technically already posted, but...............

What's the point? He doesn't want to put on MXB and if he does he wants money $$.

Tells me plenty about the guy. AND he won't respond to PM. Tells me more. Anyone could make name Jay at this point. How do we know it is him?

Even if it is, why be so controlling over a purchased model you made $$ on?

Just to make more?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ all it is about.

The game costs less than the model? Seriously?

I will continue to pay $100+ for my server every month, host the website, and GIVE AWAY my money for prizes :D

With the expectation OF............PARTICIPATION! (even though recently I can't handle it, lmao!!!)

One more time. THANKS. I hope piboso awarded you and all of us fixing the netcode problems for the next series and races.

You edited while I was writting, totally agree with you man. I'm feeling all MXB community is going in the same way.

nickuzick

God damn you are all ignorant fucks. If the purpose of the model was for private team use in MXS then he clearly doesn't want it to get involved in this game. Plain and simple. Also, you clearly don't respect his wish if you'll continue sharing it around like a town hooker.

nickuzick

He charged money to people involved with mxs teams and mxs races no the general public. He did not post it anywhere that just anyone can buy it and use it how they wish.

GDUBMX

Nick, its simple. Can "Jay" show us the official binding agreement in which he stated the models must not be used outside of private team use in Mx Simulator?
Also, what exactly is "Jay's" issue with this game having his models in? I think they are great models and see it as advertising for him. I really cant see what the big problem with MXB having them?  :o :o
And there really is no need for name calling is there?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />