• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:17:50 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Thursday Night Motocross 2015

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, June 08, 2016, 10:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

My 400mb replay buffer cause this track to crash on load up  :-\
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

pacopastor34

June 09, 2016, 09:42:30 AM #16 Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:11:40 AM by pacopastor34
Can't imagine how a 500 should ride there. I love this track man. I'm counting hours to get home from work and play again. It's absolutely amazing.

Paradox28

yet another badass track. This one is tons of fun.  Nothing too complex but its a variety of lines and is probably a really good learning ground for new riders, as well.  I'd like it if there were some inner berms put in a couple spots but thats just personal preference!

Braap570

Awesome guys.  Will test it all Later :) best community!  Best guys - thx 4 everything

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks all.. The replies to this make it all worth it :D

PizzaChet: I don't have a donate button, you're probably at least the 10th person to ask me! I don't do this stuff with money in mind and my content will always be 100% free even if / when others start charging. Times are tough right now though, another reason I wont be able to make as much stuff so I will look at setting up a donate button later. If someone wants to buy me a beer I shouldn't say no :)

Geo: Never change lol

gdub: Wow.. Why the hell do you have a 400mb replay buffer  :o  :D.. I have a 20mb replay buffer and it's enough to capture two full laps on Glen Helen and then some. Maybe try 40mb?.. You could probably ride for 40 minutes and still be able to view the start of your session with 400!! Nothing on this track is 4k, everything is as low quality as I could manage while still making it look nice. My goal was to have a track that looked great but still rode well online.

Thanks again guys!  ;D Looking forward to racing this one in the GTX series.

GDUBMX

Lol oops, whats your replay buffer look like then mate?

BadStar

June 09, 2016, 02:27:44 PM #21 Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:52:27 PM by BadStar
Fats.. donating to you guys is not about the money for us either..it's about buying you a coffee/lunch/beer any chance we can get!!

I can never afford to donate much but I really do like to throw down a few bucks to the creators who have worked hard so they can kick back and have a free pack o smokes and drink or whatever on the house while I ride in circles with a massive grin.. :)

So donate tabs are not about the money, if it were u would charge. We don't have to donate to u, so please put the tab up..oh and other creators please do the same.

And I can't believe I have to go to work, these new tracks make it Beta7 for me right now. Ftw!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

PizzaChet

Quote from: TheFatController on June 09, 2016, 10:27:17 AMIf someone wants to buy me a beer I shouldn't say no :)
That's exactly what I had in mind. Buying you a pint or two in appreciation. It's surreal riding around my home track!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hopefully it's a decent replica! I know the tracks OK but for the environment I tried to pick out the key features ;)

BadStar

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

PizzaChet

There used to be Indycar racing there as well as IMSA prototypes and ALMS. Now it's a shell of it's former self with very few events held worth going to.  :-\ :'( :-[ ??? >:( :(
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on June 09, 2016, 10:27:17 AM
gdub: Wow.. Why the hell do you have a 400mb replay buffer  :o  :D.. I have a 20mb replay buffer and it's enough to capture two full laps on Glen Helen and then some. Maybe try 40mb?.. You could probably ride for 40 minutes and still be able to view the start of your session with 400!! Nothing on this track is 4k, everything is as low quality as I could manage while still making it look nice.
In GPB I usually run with 1GB replay buffer :)

Keep in mind that the replay size is proportional to the number of riders: if it's 10MB when you're alone, if you're online with 10 riders it will be 100MB.
And of course sometimes you want a replay of a whole race.

Not sure you comment about texture res was related, but replay size is unaffected by graphics (texture sizes, local client graphics settings and so on): essentially, a replay file just stores the position and status of each bike along time.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Geo, yeah to a certain extent but I like to think someone testing the track who might just have msm and not mess with setups can ride.

Also in this case I was determined to build this track using references instead of guessing and testing.

But yeah, all tracks are built with stock bikes and stock setups in mind ;)

MaX, not sure I understand the replay buffer. Gdub has been having trouble playing tracks with it set too high and others haven't, not sure why but we were putting it down to 4k textures.. Guess it could also be related to overall track file size maybe?

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on June 10, 2016, 09:31:42 AM
MaX, not sure I understand the replay buffer. Gdub has been having trouble playing tracks with it set too high and others haven't, not sure why but we were putting it down to 4k textures.. Guess it could also be related to overall track file size maybe?
Some people have crashes (systematically or randomly) depending on the replay buffer size, but also on the bike/track used, your actual hw configuration and MXB/GPB settings etc.
It's not even sure that, assuming that everything works fine with a replay buffer of 20MB and you have the crash at let's say 100MB, setting it a 200MB will make you crash too (but it could be).

Likely, somewhere there's a memory corruption that causes a crash or not depending on the exact memory layout. Worst kind of bug ever to debug.
The replay buffer affects this because it's very likely fully allocated at startup, so its size changes the memory layout.

GDUBMX

Weird. I know one time when geo sent me the 1gb replay from gtx  rd1
It just crashed every time I tried to load it,  probably the same issue then.  Hopefully these issues can get fixed.

Edit:

We should have a big session on this track tonight! 20 man gates..  Yeaaaahhh!