• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:24:42 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

SX2016 Round 2: San Diego 1

Started by Asdrael, June 08, 2016, 11:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdouardB

June 09, 2016, 10:47:50 AM #15 Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 10:50:25 AM by EdouardB
A few beginner tips on this track (I'm Asdrael's brother, helped testing the track). I almost never play MXB but was able to quickly get down to 1'03 laps with these tips:
- Suspension settings are important. A harder fork helps. Generally you want a stiff bike.
- for the whoops, make sure you're almost perfectly straight, I use 2nd gear on a 250 2 stroke, 3/4 throttle, lean all the way back. Don't change direction.
- for the rythym section, the "easy line" I use is to absorb the first bump and then do 2-2-2-2-2. Very easy to do lap after lap without crashing.
- generally speaking, once you start a rythym section, you don't want to turn at all during the whole section, and if you absolutely have to, be careful with it ;)

Have fun :)

EdouardB

About the triples being small: to be honest, if you go see a supercross race in real life, the triples are big but not huge. 2nd gear on a 450 IRL in the US. Some motocross jumps are much much bigger!

pacopastor34

Adsrael PM if you want me to rework the texture maps. There are not the textures, is the mapping what will change that issue.

Asdrael

Quote from: EdouardB on June 09, 2016, 10:47:50 AM
(I'm Asdrael's brother, helped testing the track).
You "I spammed him everyday to get the newest version for 1 week straight" :p

Quote from: pacopastor34Adsrael PM if you want me to rework the texture maps. There are not the textures, is the mapping what will change that issue.
PMed. Although it might have been an email, not sure where I clicked :p Thanks!
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

June 09, 2016, 08:20:41 PM #19 Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 08:23:11 PM by BadStar
I haven't read everyone's opinion so if I say something already said..my badz

1st) Such a dramatic difference from Beta! Great Job!

2nd) This is the 1st, raceable/rideable SX for me in MXB so far!! So thank you so much I have been having to get my sx fix from MVA

3rd) The differences you made with the scale are excellent from beta and I can make it most of the time around the track no wrecks so great!!

If I could request anything (hate to do so bc I don't have the skill to do so myself lol)

*Put some sort of texture/race lines on the rhythm sections so the jumps don't blend..its a bit hard to look ahead and decide on a line..its more off memory because its all one color.

Other than that man, I applaud you for the huge improvement and finally we have a legit SX in game...!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

1:03 stock 250rm with 12/50 gear..2nd gear does most every thing.. (im a middle of pack skill so u guys will do much better)

On the rhythm I finally got a triple/triple/double/double!! but I think the turn before the rhythm section could be a bit wider or something to help set up for that.. hard to triple out into that rhytm section but fun trying!!

I usually roll the first part and double all the way for safe keeping..  Whoops are easy as long as u pick a gear, lean back and stay on the throttle (dont turn or let go of gas)..

***Maybe some time of invisible border throughout the track or something needed.. what will happen when we crash and respawn on other sections of track..will it mess up our lap counter in MXB?
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Good job! Found the fastest line there!

I *intentionally* left some stuff very difficult to do as to allow better riders to make the difference. If everyone ran the fast line every lap, it wouldn't be fun, challenging, nor make for good racing. Be glad I kept a somewhat steep berm here, the real track was almost flat ;)

As far as the lap resets go, I'm not sure. There is around 15 checkpoints with 10s penalty on each one of them, so that should take care of hotlaps. As for racing... no clue really. I am kinda against solid toughblocks for now as they are way too unforgiving for the current state of the game and of our skills for SX. Maybe further down the line once we figure out much better how obstacles should work.

Also, do you run without shadows or something? I made the light angle in a way that should delimit sufficiently every jump. I have to admit tho that textures could be improved.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

June 09, 2016, 10:19:13 PM #22 Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:03:27 AM by BadStar
yea good idea on leaving some of the hard lines for skilled riders.. it is pro sx after all..

I don't like the idea of solid blocks either... i guess i was thinking something like an invisible object between tracks that run parallel to each other.. maybe would still give you enough room to go through tough blocks and crash but not crash over into the other track section..

just a thought, maybe spawn some ideas from it.

*I was all happy with my recent 101..until kiste shows up with a 1flat.. oh well soon stone and them will be triple triple all day..fml
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

ChrisK

ya lol i was realy wondering how i get that 1.00,2 lap :D

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

hey asdreal.. I missed your question about the shadows..

Online it seems that the sky is darker, like as if its night or a storm is approaching..which works fine and the jumps dont blend as much!! but when I was on "sunny" offline it was hard to see the jumps

Question: Is the small jump before the finish designed to be cleared with the right skill?? or no?   I gave up trying to triple it.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

June 10, 2016, 12:08:53 AM #26 Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:24:03 AM by Asdrael
The "sunny" sky is the dark one. There is a 0.00001% chance that you get the other weathers, which are clearer. Put it in as an easter egg.

Quote from: BadStar on June 10, 2016, 12:01:32 AMQuestion: Is the small jump before the finish designed to be cleared with the right skill?? or no?   I gave up trying to triple it.
Almost noone triple it IRL even on the 450, so I made it so. It's either 1-2 or 2-1, depending on how you finish the rythm before. I don't think any line is significantly faster, they give option to cut people off. And I think you can tire tap triple it, never managed decently though.

Glad to see you guys enjoying the track. tried joining but it looks like I'm missing some bikes so I said "fuck it" and watched a movie... or did I work on Anaheim 1... who knows.

Edit: I think I registered the track but it doesn't show best laps for it online. Maybe I made a mistake, I'll have to look into it again. Sorry.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

Quote from: Asdrael on June 10, 2016, 12:08:53 AM
Almost noone triple it IRL even on the 450, so I made it so. It's either 1-2 or 2-1, depending on how you finish the rythm before. I don't think any line is significantly faster, they give option to cut people off.

Great, that's what I wanted to know!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Now if you wouldn't mind skipping a few rounds to Atlanta 2016? lol      (only one i live by and attended)
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Mace-x