• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:58:07 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

SX2016 Round 2: San Diego 1

Started by Asdrael, June 08, 2016, 11:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

Sweet! Some permanent deform would be nice. Doesn't have to be dramatic but it may be a while til in game deform works well onlinr.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

man.. got a 58.5 on sx and 2:13 on gh..then realized than only MSM's show up in PiBoSo stats... now im too tired to get better than a 1:00 at SX lol

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Yes that's why I was thinking a thin invisible object between the tracks..enough room to crash but no go across?
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Quote from: geofanatec on June 12, 2016, 02:32:55 AM
Ok.....finally riding this track.

Need to change soil type BADLY! No way this is compact soil :)

Would help a lot! Especially 450.

I dunno about this track on race! If you F*** up and get thrown across track thats it!

Not sure what can be done about that

It's only compact soil in the *.tht. It does seem slick however, so I might play with layers for the next one.

As for the resets etc - I don't know what can be done about that. I don't know of any option in the Track Tools to have you reset at the latest checkpoint instead of the closest centerline. If there is, please tell me as that would be the cleanest solution (if it's impossible, it needs to be, otherwise Supercross is always going to remain a pipedream). I would use tuffblocks behaving similarly to MXS (which is not very realistic but imo a good compromise). They slow you down immensly but don't put you in orbit automatically. I may try out a kind of fence between lines. Let's see.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

June 12, 2016, 04:51:54 PM #49 Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 04:58:48 PM by BadStar
Quote from: geofanatec on June 12, 2016, 03:58:03 PM
Like the invisible wall idea.

This could work and you can keep tuff blocks as they are.

yes, thx geo!

I think you have plenty of room for a thin and invisible (tall) wall in between the track sections. You would still have room to crash/ride a little off track but hit a wall if trying to cross or wrecking over.
I would have to guess a fence will not work bc it would have to be pretty high in order to stop someone from accidently jumping over the fence. (and not fit in w/ a sx track style)

Edit: Asdrael, I really like that you have a vision and wish to keep some section of your tracks for the pro's! Honestly, I am a big fan of your track and can't wait for more SX from you!!
   With that said, I still feel that back rhythm section needs a little tweaking..not much, just a tad. Once again, thank you greatly, I am one who feels the game can handle SX at the moment, so I am happy to see your tracks! (the current physics just require a bit more training + track tweaking)

and I don't mean tweak it to make the triple/triple easy.. just a little tweaking to make even the double all the way through a tiny bit less challenging for the current physics.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Thanks for the feedback again!

The goal currently is to have easier easy lines and harder hard lines, with a range of choice in the middle. Also trying to move away from "WIPE OPEN OR BUST" and require more rythm both in easy and hard lines. Turning out okaish for now, the problem remains that hitting a jump face with the slightest angle throws you off.

I will experiment with different ideas to keep the lanes from interfering with each other when people fall.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

So far, I have noticed that everything but the rhythm section seems to be spot on and it only seems to be the "entry" into the rhythm.. so whatever tweaks you come up with, i cant wait!

We just did a "race 2" and it was fun stuff..but all boils down to that first triple/entrance into the rhythm (which is cool).. had an issue where our 1st place guy(Guigui) got last place but we not sure why really..don't think he wrecked across the track at all..

I'm very happy to see how well we were all racing with the beta physics on a hard supercross.. worked well, that means the future of sx will be great. Tweaks to tracks and physics and it will be gold.

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Since MXB-central was hosting it, I thought I could spin a few laps on it with my current bike (250F), setup, and practice level.

Get good :p
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord