• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:00:48 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2001 - 2008 RM 250 (WIP)

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, June 12, 2016, 10:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

June 12, 2016, 10:25:00 PM Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:28:22 AM by TheFatController
Edit: have updated the title as I think this shape ran from 01 to 08 at least. Either way any differences were subtle and it will be released as just RM250 with no specific year attached.

Hey all, first model in Blender. Going pretty well so far!

This has to be my favorite bike of all time, not necessarily the year but I was able to find a few good reference pictures of the 2003 and the frame also looked easier to build over the 2001.

Hope some of you out there will get some enjoyment out of this once it's released!

pacopastor34

It's the 1st of my favourite bikes of all of time with no doubt. Thank you!

Don't you feel like the current default 2-stroke sound is not realistic for a 250? It's more like a 50cc?

GDUBMX

Braaapp!  Nice one mate, and Paco let's not get started on 2 stroke sounds please lol :)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

ChrisK

your realy good because it's your first bike and u still learn blender.

but why is all so "round"?

pacopastor34

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Actually all it is, is that I hadn't fixed the mesh to give it sharper edges. Just spent an hour cleaning it up

Vortex_Damien

Looking a lot better.. plz post wireframe pictures helps us help you ;)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

No you'll all laugh at me :D

pacopastor34

June 13, 2016, 10:12:28 PM #9 Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:05:11 PM by pacopastor34
Quote from: TheFatController on June 13, 2016, 09:42:29 PM
No you'll all laugh at me :D

Never, you know we can't! You look the kind of person that plays Fifa, Nba or whatever 1vs1 game and says: I'd never played this game...and then beats you! I know the people like you. 8) 8) ;) ;)

Have you used blender before? If your answer is no I give up with my models.For sure.

Edit: Short explaining: you look the kind of person that can get use to a program or something easily. Sometimes I don't know how understandable is my English.lol.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Haha it's OK..

Yeah I guess I pick software up pretty quickly, but always assume it's going to be harder than it actually is.

Sorry, this is my first time using Blender, only 3d experience previously was SketchUp which is a world apart, but please don't stop making models ;) I love the KX!

pacopastor34

Quote from: TheFatController on June 13, 2016, 11:14:56 PM
Haha it's OK..

Yeah I guess I pick software up pretty quickly, but always assume it's going to be harder than it actually is.

Sorry, this is my first time using Blender, only 3d experience previously was SketchUp which is a world apart, but please don't stop making models ;) I love the KX!

Dont worry, I won't stop! I'm doing it slower with the KX500 but I want to do a better model and more detailed parts.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

June 14, 2016, 11:18:26 AM #12 Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:31:08 AM by TheFatController
Definitely worth it.. I've gone back (again) and cleaned up a bunch of stuff.. So many poly's I didn't need floating around, the more you do the more you learn huh..

Hows this mesh looking?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Started to add forks.. Will keep updating it as nice to see progression and hopefully people will notice things I might be doing wrong!

Snappe

The only thing I would suggest is to keep your polys a uniform size (see pic)

Looking good though! Very good for a first model!