• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:22:14 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Help in the whoops

Started by darkbelow13, June 22, 2016, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkbelow13

So I've been playing a lot more recently and am loving the supercross tracks, but I have the hardest time with the whoops. I've tried about everything I can when it comes to setup trying to make the bike more consistent, but I'm really not very good with setups so I haven't had much luck. Any tips on what I might try to help out there? Thanks!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Using stock setup for example, all you need is power. Anaheim round 1 after the triple you need to land straight and fast and keep the power on full while leaning back all the way through. Leaning back should keep the back wheel roughly in line and doing this I make it through both sets of whoops 95% of the time.

I do have those days though where every lap I eat dirt at the end of the first set haha.. ;D

BadStar

yea and if you turn at all you will pretty much wreck.. line your bike up straight before entering the whoops--then stay straight, don't adjust.  Lean back and give constant or full throttle.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

darkbelow13

Thanks for the help. I feel like I'm doing what you guys say, but I must just be moving the right stick a little bit one way or the other or something when I pull it back because sometimes I can make it through fine and other times I get about halfway through and lose it.

BadStar

Quote from: darkbelow13 on June 27, 2016, 04:57:06 AM
Thanks for the help. I feel like I'm doing what you guys say, but I must just be moving the right stick a little bit one way or the other or something when I pull it back because sometimes I can make it through fine and other times I get about halfway through and lose it.

Sounds like you are doing fine, just more practice and you will get it. I got "good" at whoops, but when he released these SX tracks, they had me all messed up again so I had to refine my approach. Now I am back to success 95% of the passes.. so my guess, if you get good at his SX whoops and stick with it, you will be good at most whoops that get released from here on.

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

JeremyMx21

Quote from: darkbelow13 on June 27, 2016, 04:57:06 AM

This May Help if you haven't done this already. Setting a 3-5% Deadzone for your Rider L/R, That way when you lean back with your Rider F/B you wont accidentally trigger a L/R movement if you don't pull the stick perfectly backwards.