• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:18:11 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Physics test track

Started by Ruubs, July 24, 2016, 10:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

July 24, 2016, 10:41:50 PM Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 12:52:55 AM by Sandbiter
Edit--
Nevermind. Good luck with futher development of this game Piboso team. Love the work so far.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

To start off, I'm not defending MXB down to the ground here without thinking as I think any physics issues should be highlighted but I think a couple of things I've noticed need pointing out..

The first one mainly being the collision surfaces. Right now the only collision surfaces available for 3d objects that are relevant here are concrete, asphalt, kerb and soil. Starting with the logs, wooden logs have a very unique physics behavior in that they have give to them, they move even if only slightly when stacked up, they have flexibility and depending on what type of log probably more grip than any of the aforementioned surface types.

Tyres are even more impossible to simulate here. Compared to concrete, asphalt etc.. they have a HUGE amount of give and flexibility, even big hard tough tractor tyres. There's no way you could expect them to behave like tyres using one of the above collisions. I'm also not sure if you're using the TYRE WLL collision whether it would give you something rideable as it's intended to be used as a wall.. 

Bottom line is, there's no system in place to simulate riding on logs or tyres.

Again, not defending MXB without thinking, it just stands to reason to me that right now you shouldn't expect this track to work at all. Still, a fun project, and looking forward to the days where something like this might be possible! Would be interested to hear PiBoSo's take on it.

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on July 25, 2016, 12:16:09 AM
Seriously again!

You come in here to say this is why you quit MXB? Over this bullshit!!

Seriously!!!!!

MXS can't handle it!

And the u go on to say how a dirt bike should handle!!! With this BS track?

Your making the impossible and expecting real results! Not MXB or MXS can handle this stupid crap.

Edit: 99.99% of riders on a real bike couldn't even do this crap!
And you expect it to be a real phsyic test?
Again? I can't remember doing this before.
MXS actually can handle this.
This isn't a 'track' as I said before... This is just a 'map' with all different kind of stuff on it to tests things out.

Stop getting angry at everything I say Geo. You act like a 15 year old imho.

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on July 25, 2016, 12:59:07 AM
Imho your insane!

You expect the impossible to be possible.

And so you quit!

Ya good attitude

No I'm not. I'm just expecting a motocross game where you can actually ride enduro cross.

I'm sorry I'm trying to point out things and help further development. I know this is a work in progress game, and that Piboso has a lot other stuff to do, but if noone points these things out he might not even think about it and then the game will never be what it could be by looking at what Piboso can do.

Ruubs

July 25, 2016, 01:12:14 AM #4 Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 01:15:25 AM by Sandbiter
I dont have the time to make any 'shit' at the moment.

Asdrael

July 25, 2016, 10:16:52 AM #5 Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:20:56 AM by Asdrael
Judging by the message before the edit, your name is missing a "t"  ;D
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I thought I made some pretty good points Sand, but I guess you'd rather not discuss it?

Ruubs

Quote from: TheFatController on July 25, 2016, 10:26:08 AM
I thought I made some pretty good points Sand, but I guess you'd rather not discuss it?
You made some pretty good points yes. But Geo just pisses me off every single time I post something.

I still think it should work better if it was concrete or asphalt or anything like that. Heck, you can even climb up rocks if you're good at extreme enduro IRL.

I really don't understand why everyone hates me here. I'm not hating on this game, I like it so far. But there are things that need to be improved. If noone will mention this, it might never get improved. I'm just pointing things out which should be worked on. I'm sorry for actually trying to help the development. Why am I the bitter one for actually giving feedback and help try to improve a beta version of a game? Isn't a beta suposed to have testers, people giving feedback to improve it.

I'm not hating. I like this game.

Asdrael

Tbh, you came accross as bitter because of the tone, not the content.

I also think physics have a long way to go but quite frankly, and from having attempted stuff like that, enduro / trial / obstacle courses rely so much on precise 3D movement, clutch, rear brake and throttle control that I am not sure we have enough analog sticks on a controller to actually do it without simulated help - which PiBoSo refuses to do.

Plus, and more importantly, there are still some basic MX behaviour that are lacking (rider and bike lean not working together being the main one, plus tire / ground deformation interaction). I'd rather fix those first than look into why we can't tire tap 3 logs in a row. Small secure steps before trying to leap forward would help solidify the core game.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Well, I'm sorry for for sounding a little pissed off. But really every time I try to help I get hate from it. Geo actually replied with 14 exclamation marks in one post, which was an even worse tone than anything I've done so far.

This test wasn't just about the logs. But just a physics test. I thought Piboso might've found this helpfull to improve physics in small steps or maybe even find bugs.

PiBoSo

It's hard to follow the discussion without the original message.
It seems that there was a track to stress-test the physics. Would it be possible to have a download link?

Ruubs

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 25, 2016, 10:52:38 AM
It seems that there was a track to stress-test the physics. Would it be possible to have a download link?

Currently there are just some logs, tires and sharp edged ruts models. I'll be adding more later.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o9ip6451t1qdd1a/test.rar

I also talked about being able to wheelie through bumpy corners like in this video at around 0.18.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKiVK0YJhQI

I know the game is still in development and there are probably other things that need to be done first. But keeping these things in mind might help everything out a little more when working on the physics.

GDUBMX

Quote from: Sandbiter on July 25, 2016, 10:37:29 AM
Quote from: TheFatController on July 25, 2016, 10:26:08 AM
You made some pretty good points yes. But Geo just pisses me off every single time I post something.

I still think it should work better if it was concrete or asphalt or anything like that. Heck, you can even climb up rocks if you're good at extreme enduro IRL.

I really don't understand why everyone hates me here. I'm not hating on this game, I like it so far. But there are things that need to be improved. If noone will mention this, it might never get improved. I'm just pointing things out which should be worked on. I'm sorry for actually trying to help the development. Why am I the bitter one for actually giving feedback and help try to improve a beta version of a game? Isn't a beta suposed to have testers, people giving feedback to improve it.

I'm not hating. I like this game.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on July 25, 2016, 10:58:19 AM

Currently there are just some logs, tires and sharp edged ruts models. I'll be adding more later.

Download link:

I also talked about being able to wheelie through bumpy corners like in this video at around 0.18.

I know the game is still in development and there are probably other things that need to be done first. But keeping these things in mind might help everything out a little more when working on the physics.

Thank you.
Have the objects the TRK or the WLL prefix?
The tyres have no grip on WLL surfaces.

Ruubs

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 25, 2016, 11:41:08 AM
Quote from: Sandbiter on July 25, 2016, 10:58:19 AM

Download link:

Thank you.
Have the objects the TRK or the WLL prefix?
The tyres have no grip on WLL surfaces.

I'll have a look later today. I might even add some more stuff.