• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Wanted: streamer/recorder to record 2016 Gtx Pro 250 Nationals

Started by GDUBMX, September 22, 2016, 08:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Hopefully live recordings will not turn out as bad as this replay -

https://www.youtube.com/v/T3VoIlMLSkE
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

doubledragoncc

I upped he internet on my servers to 200MB/200MB for speed but not sure what the MXB server is like will have to test once I sign up for online in MXB

DD

𝖙𝖋𝖈

In fairness teeds that was one of the worse gtx events for lag, although let's just hope that we don't get any of that freezing where everyone disappears for 10 minutes..:(

We had s

Asdrael

Tbh, unless it is completely horribly coded, bandwidth doesn't have much to do with warping / freezes - especially with such a limited amount of moving objects and information linked to each one of them. Latency and packet loss however, does.

But it appears the problem is more code-related than anything curently. Out of curiosity, I'd be really interested in what kind of information goes through the server and how it is formated and treated. You have what, bike XYZ+angle, same for rider relative to the bike, speed, fork and shock travel value, steering angle, wheel rotation speed, rpms, gear. Rest can be done client side, unless you want to make it hack-proof. Then you probably have to sample this what, 50/s? and interpolate as needed?
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

doubledragoncc

I cocked up my online account as I have forgotten the first name I used and need to sort it out first.

DD<<<<<<<OLD FART

HornetMaX

Quote from: Asdrael on September 29, 2016, 03:30:26 PM
Tbh, unless it is completely horribly coded, bandwidth doesn't have much to do with warping / freezes - especially with such a limited amount of moving objects and information linked to each one of them. Latency and packet loss however, does.

But it appears the problem is more code-related than anything curently. Out of curiosity, I'd be really interested in what kind of information goes through the server and how it is formated and treated. You have what, bike XYZ+angle, same for rider relative to the bike, speed, fork and shock travel value, steering angle, wheel rotation speed, rpms, gear. Rest can be done client side, unless you want to make it hack-proof. Then you probably have to sample this what, 50/s? and interpolate as needed?
Interpolation sounds easy but is normally not enough: you can't interpolate between a known state and a state you don't know yet :)

Usually you have something more like a predictive model corrected by the new data coming in. Most likely you don't need the entire bike state vector, i.e. the predictive model is simpler than the bike physics model. As an example, states related to chassis flexibility may not be exchanged between the client and the server (and hence between the sever and the other clients).
You just need anything that is obviously visible (bike position and attitude, steering angle, position of the suspension, ...) plus whatever the client needs to predict the state in between data packets (this is for the other bikes of course the local bike is fully simulated, non need for prediction) and whatever you need for sound (RPM, throttle position). Gear is currently not passed between the server and client (but will be in next beta for both GPB and MXB).

As UDP is used, server and client side you have to deal with missing packets and packets arriving in the wrong order.

And I doubt PiBoSo is willing to document the exact format exchanged by client and server :)

Quote from: Asdrael on September 29, 2016, 03:30:26 PM
Rest can be done client side, unless you want to make it hack-proof.
In fact the only part you need to make hack-proof is the other one (i.e. client --> server) as in the sense server--> client you would only hack the state of the other bikes on a specific client (i.e. the server would still "see" the correct state).

Asdrael

Good points - by interpolation I meant to fill the gaps between state updates and framerates, but ofc you need a predictive model. With a high exchange rate like 50/s, something linear is ultra easy and probably 99% accurate.

But still curious to see how it goes here ;)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Running some test laps since Geo upped the buffer size, if anyone wants to join?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Asdrael on September 29, 2016, 08:01:25 PM
With a high exchange rate like 50/s, something linear is ultra easy and probably 99% accurate.
50/s means one update every 20ms ... first sight seems a bit fast ...

doubledragoncc

Okay got my id sorted but get bike mismatch and I do not have time to go through how many years of bikes to find whats wrong. I NEED a FULL bike set for MX1 and MX2 at least to get on GTX servers

I got the DL pack from the PM earlier but something is missing???

DD

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Geo, things seem pretty good on the server, I played with I think 4 people, although I think they were all in / around Europe.

Seemed generally fine, bit of slight glitching from other riders near the ground, but no massive rubber banding or freezing, really nothing major :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: geofanatec on September 29, 2016, 10:18:21 PMTFC:
So it was better than normal? Or didn't notice a big change?

Hard to say without a) more people than 4 on one stretch of track and b) people from across the Atlantic.

But for 4, it seemed pretty solid. Dare I say if we had collisions on there wouldn't have been any problems (not that I'm advocating collisions ;))

doubledragoncc

Not just RMZ and did full delete of bikes and added full set but still mismatch

Will do full install in the morning

DD

doubledragoncc

September 30, 2016, 10:14:03 AM #44 Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:45:57 AM by doubledragoncc
Fresh install of beta4, the tracks you told me and only added the bikes you said and get bike mismatch still. Deleted the bikes and still get mismatch WTF

DD

EDIT: I need a DL of a COPY of the bikes on the server.

I will also need rider stuff or the kits will be default!!!