• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:06:43 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Doubledragoncc - Handle bar & foot controls?!

Started by BadStar, October 19, 2016, 01:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

Has anyone or DD himself used these with mx-bikes? Is that what you have teeds?

I'm impressed..jealous and dreaming of my own set (obviously)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Yea me too! Would be so fun with mx-bikes or any bike game really
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

DDs controller plus oculus rift must be amazing! Too bad he hates VR lol

teeds

Quote from: BadStar on October 19, 2016, 01:34:38 AM
Has anyone or DD himself used these with mx-bikes? Is that what you have teeds?

I'm impressed..jealous and dreaming of my own set (obviously)

You not seen this Badstar?

https://www.youtube.com/v/VsjqKSxf1lI
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

doubledragoncc

I have tried it but made no video yet. Here is an old video(sorry its not MXB) of my first attempt in MXGP using the old Hs1. Hs2 is far better.

https://www.youtube.com/v/_1026IHIJu4

I use buttons for rider lean, but have used thumbsticks on the bars too before. I am going for the gyro sensor on my body way in the future as it is more realistic to actually use your body.

I dont think teeds builds to sell and ship where as I do so I have kept the size of my systems down. His idea is great but bulky for shipping.

DD

BadStar

Yea Teeds, I have seen it. That's how I knew you had one but it didn't look like DD's...and I figured his is the only one that is for sale. Your (teeds) vid was what originally grabbed my attention back in beta 3.

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

DD.. with these modern mx games, I wonder what the best/affordable solution is for rider lean?

Like teeds, thumb stick on bar or body gyro?
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: BadStar on October 19, 2016, 05:04:14 PM
DD.. with these modern mx games, I wonder what the best/affordable solution is for rider lean?

Like teeds, thumb stick on bar or body gyro?

Tilty chair ;D

teeds

Trouble is when you grab the bars you only have one thumb to use as you can't twist throttle and use the right hands thumb simultaneously. So a hat switch on the left thumb works well but I wanted sit, lean left/right/forward/back, that's five buttons with one thumb which isn't possible with my hat switch. So yea a tilt seat or tilt foot controls would probably work or a hat switch with a press button too (maybe DDs rig has that?). I did setup an EdTracker unit strapped to my chest to detect physical lean as a joystick but was a bit messy, and although it worked I don't really need it with the bars doing front/back lean.

BadStar

I actually like how you have your front/back lean built in to the bars... can it also be built to lean l/r?  Like a flight joystick
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

teeds

Maybe, but not sure if it'll work as you kind of already have the bars pivoting on that plane, could be a bit tricky to use and not get unintentional lean of the rider or bike, if you see what I mean.

doubledragoncc

Teeds, try the edTracker on your shoulder as it is the only place that gives the most motion of your body and NOT your head. You can adjust sensitivity to compensate for lack of movement I am sure.

I am just still looking for the right chip as most are under 5 volts an want it to be as cheap and simple as possible but still be reliable.

DD

BadStar

Ahh.. your right teeds, I forgot about the handlebars turning on a similar plane
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

I'm actually thinking about making something for myself. I probably will never start it, but if I start it it'll probably never get finished.

Anway.. I'm thinking of using a joystick. You know, the ones used for flight sims etc. By attaching a stick to it, you'd already have rider F/B lean and steering (I never use rider L/R lean, so not having that isn't an issue). The hard part would be getting the throttle working. I was thinking about plugging in the joystick and a seperate xbox360 controller. This controller could then handle the throttle and front brake since it has triggers (the joystick I have doesnt have any triggers, only buttons). For the clutch, up/down shift and rear brake I could use the buttons from either the joystick or the xbox360 controller. The only problem I have is that I haven't gotten any experience with this stuff. How would I make it so that when I twist the throttle on the handlebars (aka stick) that the trigger would pull in on my xbox360 controller?

I'm thinking about solutions now, but it's all just vague for me at the moment.

Dreams, dreams, dreams...

BadStar

lol sand, I actually did this. My flight stick also twist like a throttle.. it was fun but if you add a stick to it then you have to custom wire the throttle etc

I mounted my flight stick laying on it side so the stick was like a throttle and set controls according... goofy but fun, no way to get "fast" though.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime