• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:07:32 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

suspension very "bouncy"

Started by DudeeliteMX, November 10, 2016, 11:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DudeeliteMX

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am having trouble setting the suspension up properly so that the bike does not bounce too much when landing flat/casing jumps.

Anyone got an idea what I should do? Thanks in advance

GDUBMX

It's a bug,  wait for beta 6 maybe 7 mate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

Which bike model are you riding? The MSM have very soft suspensions that are part of the oven as well. But landing really flat or casing hard, ye you will always bounce.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on November 11, 2016, 10:56:05 AM

It's probably better to wait for Beta 23.

GDUBMX

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 11, 2016, 03:19:38 PM

Love the honesty Piboso..  Lol

Seriously though OP beta 5 has had some tuning in terms of suspension so we shall see if it has been fixed or at the very least improved.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PizzaChet

I think it just needs more range of adjustability or range of travel. Most of the time I get cores it seems like it's during times when the tire goes into the ground layer. With deformation off I feel like it never cores. Anyone else?
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

PiBoSo

November 11, 2016, 09:55:05 PM #6 Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 10:21:37 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: gdubmx on November 11, 2016, 08:11:42 PM
Seriously though OP beta 5 has had some tuning in terms of suspension so we shall see if it has been fixed or at the very least improved.

The suspensions simulation has already been greatly improved, and the bounciness problem is almost completely gone.
The fix will be integrated in Beta5.

Braap570

Rutjes

March 24, 2017, 06:48:21 PM #8 Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:50:28 PM by Rutjes
I don't think it's gone, but I've only been playing since beta 6 so I can't tell the difference if any between versions. Tried playing with suspension settings, thinking maybe that was my problem, but keep I bouncing a lot.

I've been looking closer at landing the bike and it's like the suspension doesn't absorb the impact and just launches you straight up (the cause of most of my crashes?).

And btw., why is there hardly any in-air control (F/B)? That would at least give a chance to prevent most of the flat landings by matching angle of the landing slope.

2004 Honda CR125R
1984 Chevrolet K30 M1028

Asdrael

Most remaining bouncing is due to bottoming out and/or rider not absorbing hard impact well enough. I have to say that I think overall, the stock MSM suspensions are too weak - which is why the bike I have worked on have stiffer suspension presets in their .cfg. With a decent setup, I hardly ever bounce unless I land flat from a supercross triple.

But still, much improved compared to beta 3 or whatever it was :p
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on March 24, 2017, 06:55:15 PM
With a decent setup, I hardly ever bounce unless I land flat from a supercross triple.
Still shouldn't bounce as much as we do though. We should smack our heads into the handlebars and get a dizzy effect instead. ;)

BadStar

Quote from: Rutjes on March 24, 2017, 06:48:21 PM
And btw., why is there hardly any in-air control (F/B)? That would at least give a chance to prevent most of the flat landings by matching angle of the landing slope.

is your joy stick set up proper for this and do you have auto f/b turned off?  I can get pretty good control f/b...

some bikes, especially on SX..yes, little f/b control available
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Rutjes

Quote from: BadStar on March 25, 2017, 01:42:52 AM
Quote from: Rutjes on March 24, 2017, 06:48:21 PM

is your joy stick set up proper for this and do you have auto f/b turned off?  I can get pretty good control f/b...

some bikes, especially on SX..yes, little f/b control available

Auto f/b is turned off using a 360 controller. L/R and F/B lean on right stick. At the moment I have to hit a jump leaning just right to get a proper flight path with a good landing. Leaning in air really doesn't seem to do anything. Tried using throttle and brake to no avail.
2004 Honda CR125R
1984 Chevrolet K30 M1028

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Something wrong there then. I find brake gyro to be spot on, but acceleration gyro feels a little too weak, but still works to some extent.

As in real life, body position is everything when jumping. The same is true here, if you want a controllable trajectory you really need to be set up as you leave a jump face by leaning appropriately.

Leaning in the air should affect things differently depending on if you have a nose high, tail high or level flight, but generally leaning forward will lower the back end as your sucking up the front of the bike. Leaning back can dip the nose. Again dependant on type of flight, I.e if you have a nose down flight leaning forward is going to kill you and leaning back with panic rev might just save you, where you have a nose high flight leaning forward with brake might just save you leaning back will kill you until your dead lol..

It all takes experimenting..

john_710

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 11, 2016, 03:19:38 PM

I was going to ask this but I guess the game psychics just are not ready yet

I have checked out all those set up guides on the site but its still like trying to drive a clown car, how do you guys set up the bike to where the tires can stay on the ground after a jump or bump?

also is Nevada even ride able? i spent a few hours trying to make a set up for that track and got no where. starting to think its just bad game physics